IGNORED

VIP tranport from BKK to Pattaya. Is it worth it?

rangerjohn

I've seen a few bars that offer VIP tranport from BKK. 2-3 girls, drinks, and food, in a private minibus/limo. I'm kicking this idea around but I am leaning towards just hopping on a minibus or taxi. This will be my first trip and would like to know what the Jedi masters feel would be the best bet for travel. I think since it is the first of what probably will be many trips to Pattaya I should just show up with luggage, a smile, and get a feel of the place first.

I've seen a few bars that offer VIP tranport from BKK. 2-3 girls, drinks, and food, in a private minibus/limo. I'm kicking this idea around but I am leaning towards just hopping on a minibus or taxi. This will be my first trip and would like to know what the Jedi masters feel would be the best bet for travel. I think since it is the first of what probably will be many trips to Pattaya I should just show up with luggage, a smile, and get a feel of the place first.

You've just got off the plane after how many hours travelling? Do you really think the girls are going to appreciate a tired, unshaven, smelly guy?

And don't you think it'd be nicer to just take in the sights of Thailand whilst cruising down the highway, getting yourself mentally primed for the action?

Check in at your hotel, have a shower and a shave, don some fresh clothes and then show Pattaya who is the most hansum man in town!

Save your money from the limo service and put it to much better use in Pattaya IMO.

A prebooked taxi from the airport to your hotel in Pattaya will cost between 1000 baht and 1200 baht inclusive of road tolls. If you want them to supply a couple of cold drinks of your choice for the trip, then let them know when you book.

For your first rip you might be interested in the sights on the way to Pattaya (there is none and IMO is the most boring and deprrssing drive in my life the to and frowing from BKK to pattaya) however being your first time in the country you will probably enjoy seeing the sites and be amazed at how the locals drive.

I would consider hiring a Limo but it comes down to price if it was 2,000-3,00 baht and this got you a private limo, drinks and a BJ off one of the girls it isn't a bad way to travel.

On the other hand if you catch a pre booked Taxi it will be 1,200 baht inc tolls and you will be in Patta in 1 1/2 Hours , and another 30 mins you'll be in a bar with BG's hanging off you.

I usually use the drive from the airport to Pattaya sleeping and getting rested up fro the activities that await me in Pattaya. :BJ1::A2M::22600584-Th: :3-some:

Of course if you can afford to wipe your ass with $100 bills then go for it. :D

Excellent advise. It is a long flight and I'm sure to be tired and probably looking for a quick catnap before going into the wild. I'm sure once I start I won't want to stop. Also I'm not looking to throw money around like it's going out of style.

I would not bother with a limo and the girls, save your money and spend it when you get to Pattaya. The price of the limo and extras can get you a lot of entertainment in Pattaya. Have fun. :22600584-Th::D

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

Excellent advise. It is a long flight and I'm sure to be tired and probably looking for a quick catnap before going into the wild. I'm sure once I start I won't want to stop. Also I'm not looking to throw money around like it's going out of style.

Isn't that what the 20 hour flight is for, its 9 hours from Australia, a couple of sleeping pills for the trip and by the time I hit BKK I am fully awake and raring to go.

Edited by nus01

Isn't that what the 20 hour flight is for, its 9 hours from Australia, a couple of sleeping pills for the trip and by the time I hit BKK I am fully awake and raring to go.

True but I'am coming from the eastern US with a 29 hour flight time. No matter how much Ambien I eat I'm still not going to be 100% for a minute or two...plus with my luck I'm going to be behind a screaming kid and next to the fat chick that wants to tell me about her trip to the Alamo. I think I'll save my money and spend it in Pattaya. Thanks again for all the great comments.

I would only use this sevice if I was bringing a really shy newbie with me just to give him a taste of Pattaya just after he steps off the plane. It would make the later walk down Soi 6 a bit less daunting. :22600584-Th:

I would only use this sevice if I was bringing a really shy newbie with me just to give him a taste of Pattaya just after he steps off the plane. It would make the later walk down soi 6 a bit less daunting. :001_Sawasdee:

Well I am a newbie but not at all shy. I think I'm going to jump straight into the deep end...of course following all the advise from you guys.

Well I am a newbie but not at all shy. I think I'm going to jump straight into the deep end...of course following all the advise from you guys.

Striaght down soi half a dozen for you then. :001_Sawasdee: :Fuck:

Edited by monkey_omelette

• 1 month later...
No matter how much Ambien I eat I'm still not going to be 100% ..

I discover this actually today. I am not a medical doctor, but an experienced traveller.

Eating Ambien is absolutely not recommended for intercontinental flights. It keeps you asleep only a very short time, and if you take more it can make you addicted badly.

My physician prescribes me "Halcion", which I use only on flights. It is not sold in Pattaya pharmacies, but there are so called "clinics" where a doctor also sells medicaments after you have consulted him. There I pick up "Halcion" for the flight back.

The sale of Ambien, also called "Stilnox" seems to be prohibited in Thailand.

You've just got off the plane after how many hours travelling? Do you really think the girls are going to appreciate a tired, unshaven, smelly guy?

And don't you think it'd be nicer to just take in the sights of Thailand whilst cruising down the highway, getting yourself mentally primed for the action?

Check in at your hotel, have a shower and a shave, don some fresh clothes and then show Pattaya who is the most hansum man in town!

Save your money from the limo service and put it to much better use in Pattaya IMO.

A prebooked taxi from the airport to your hotel in Pattaya will cost between 1000 baht and 1200 baht inclusive of road tolls. If you want them to supply a couple of cold drinks of your choice for the trip, then let them know when you book.

who did you book your taxi with ? u saying they will get you beer for the journy if you let them no ?

It really depends on how much money you got.

These mini-bus/BG rides are more of a luxuary item than valuve for money.

And personally if your going to treat yourself to something extra special, theres much more fun ways of doing it. E.g. Learning a few new tricks at the hell club, or a double soapy massage.

And like people have said, its probably worth savouring your first experience of LOS and pattaya. The feeling of hitting the town for the first time is priceless.

If you turn up with a BG in tow you lose the effect a bit.

Edited by hazze

Forget the Limo IMO, as previously stated you will be tired and smelly. Ask the hotel you are staying with for a price and they will look after you. When I went in March 2007 we used the Areca Lodge mini bus with A/C, not cheap at 2,900 but split between 3 of us it was no biggie. The return trip was cheaper at 2,200, I believe they will also get a taxi for you instead of minibus if requested at cheaper rate. The good thing was that they would not let me down, in fact they were there waiting. Personally, I was happy to pay for a good vehicle that was punctual and reliable.

There are some stories of paying for a cheap taxi and then being dumped half way between Patts and BKK, no Idea how they get away with that as I know what my reaction would be to some driver trying that on, regardless, the hassle is best avoided.

As far as the trip and refreshents, approx half way is a stop-off point with 7-11 shop etc, bottle water 7bht, you can have a smoke and use a toilet, just ask whichever driver you get.

Enjoy your trip

Mick

Edited by Soovu