IGNORED

Luton are back

Trevor69

It's been a dark five years for my team Luton Town in the conference but tonight we are finally back in the football league and crowned as champions.

The high's of beating Arsenal in the league cup final to lows of being deducted points and virtually thrown out of the league is something us football fans endure but tonight it is all worth it.

Glad to know Luton is back in football league, those times in the seventies or the early eighties were a great team.

Who cares shithole of a town with a football club to match

• Like 2

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

May be a dump of a town and glad i don't live there but any club that can pull in 10,000 fans for a non league match must have something going for it.

• Like 2

May be a dump of a town and glad i don't live there but any club that can pull in 10,000 fans for a non league match must have something going for it.

Absolutely ...

Just proves that fans will go watch a winning team,even though its taken them 5 years to get back into the football league, they have often got better crowds than when they were a league club,the thing now is to keep the momentum going and possibly put a challenge in next season which is highly likely.

I`ve been to kenilworth road and i have to admit it was in a poor state,and although improvements have been made i think a new ground could be on the horizon,there were vague plans but with me living nowhere near i dont know wether these plans are anywhere nearer being realised.

congratulations on your promotion anyway.

+1

• Like 1

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

Just proves that fans will go watch a winning team,even though its taken them 5 years to get back into the football league, they have often got better crowds than when they were a league club,the thing now is to keep the momentum going and possibly put a challenge in next season which is highly likely.

I`ve been to kenilworth road and i have to admit it was in a poor state,and although improvements have been made i think a new ground could be on the horizon,there were vague plans but with me living nowhere near i dont know wether these plans are anywhere nearer being realised.

congratulations on your promotion anyway.

Thanks for your comments but i wonder why you would consider it highly unlikely that Luton could put in another promotion challenge next season.The ground is a little tired but the crowds still average above any in div 2 and spending power would follow.I went to the bookies a couple of weeks ago expecting around 10/1 on  another promotion next season but Ladbrooks offered me only 9/2 probably even worse now that we are definatly promoted.This would indicate to me that the bookies see them as one of the favorites.

As a footnote it would be nice to upgrade our ground like you have as i have been to both and liked Huddersfields new stadium very much.

Edited by Trevor69

Always made me laugh that the Luton Town fans were always trying to get a new stadium and every time a new plot was being looked at ie Butterfield green, Capability Green etc etc the Luton Town fans who lived around those areas were signing petitions to stop them building it there. 

Seriously good luck to the Hatters for getting back in the football league. A team that has won the league cup should not be in the conference. Still stick to my point that Luton is a shithole of a town

Always made me laugh that the Luton Town fans were always trying to get a new stadium and every time a new plot was being looked at ie Butterfield green, Capability Green etc etc the Luton Town fans who lived around those areas were signing petitions to stop them building it there. 

Seriously good luck to the Hatters for getting back in the football league. A team that has won the league cup should not be in the conference. Still stick to my point that Luton is a shithole of a town

You are obviously a fairly local chap.Not Watford by any chance?

Edited by Trevor69
  • Like 1

I've sat in the away end a few times - strange ground where you can almost open the bedroom wiondows of the houses backing onto the away end.

Fantastic support for a non-league team.

No 

You are obviously a fairly local chap.Not Watford by any chance?

Not local anymore. Lived in Luton for almost 30 years. Best thing I did was move away

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments but i wonder why you would consider it highly unlikely that Luton could put in another promotion challenge next season.The ground is a little tired but the crowds still average above any in div 2 and spending power would follow.I went to the bookies a couple of weeks ago expecting around 10/1 on  another promotion next season but Ladbrooks offered me only 9/2 probably even worse now that we are definatly promoted.This would indicate to me that the bookies see them as one of the favorites.

As a footnote it would be nice to upgrade our ground like you have as i have been to both and liked Huddersfields new stadium very much.

Trevor,if you carefully read my post again and you will see that i said `highly likely`,i do genuinely believe that Luton could put in a promotion bid next season,quite a few newly promoted teams from the conference seem to carry the momentum into the next season,and Luton are in a good state at the moment,good crowds,full time set up etc.Should be an interesting season for you.

All the best for next season.

vimto.

Well done to Luton on getting back to the football league.  Back in the 1980's when I used to follow Everton all around the country I used to like going to Luton.  They didnt have a great ground but it was a good place to visit.  In fact there were a couple of seasons back in the 1980's when Luton banned away fans because of Millwall fans rioting there but I still managed to get a ticket.

Well done to Luton on getting back to the football league.  Back in the 1980's when I used to follow Everton all around the country I used to like going to Luton.  They didnt have a great ground but it was a good place to visit.  In fact there were a couple of seasons back in the 1980's when Luton banned away fans because of Millwall fans rioting there but I still managed to get a ticket.

Good days and i remember Everton coming to Kennie road at the end of the season bringing with them the championship trophy and i think it was the cup winners cup trophy for display.I had a ticket in the directors box those days and was lucky enough to get my hands on those trophies when Howard Kendal and his boys came to town.Also that damn FA cup semi final when Sheedy got that dodgy free kick leveler in the last minute still pains to this day.Granted Everton did have a great side in those days and congrats on beating Man utd today.

Trevor,if you carefully read my post again and you will see that i said `highly likely`,i do genuinely believe that Luton could put in a promotion bid next season,quite a few newly promoted teams from the conference seem to carry the momentum into the next season,and Luton are in a good state at the moment,good crowds,full time set up etc.Should be an interesting season for you.

All the best for next season.

vimto.

Sorry vimto66  i should get out my glasses and good luck to your boys also.

Good days and i remember Everton coming to Kennie road at the end of the season bringing with them the championship trophy and i think it was the cup winners cup trophy for display.I had a ticket in the directors box those days and was lucky enough to get my hands on those trophies when Howard Kendal and his boys came to town.Also that damn FA cup semi final when Sheedy got that dodgy free kick leveler in the last minute still pains to this day.Granted Everton did have a great side in those days and congrats on beating Man utd today.

Trevor69 the mid 80's were a great time for Everton.  And I was at that 1985 FA Cup semi-final at Villa Park when we beat Luton 2 - 1.  A great day for us Everton fans.

Trevor69 back in the 80's when I watched Everton at Luton I always had a beer or two in a pub that was fairly close to your ground.  I think it was called the Dutchmen. And I think it even had a name change during the 80's???

• 6 years later...

Alan Garner passed away yesterday.... great footballer, great man RIP