IGNORED

FA Cup Final Allocation - What comes around comes around

blue1878

Arsenal and Hull have only been given a ticket allocation of 25,000 tickets each.  A figure that I think is not good enough for the 2 finalists.

Anyway it's interesting to see that Arsenal's Chief executive Ivan Gazidis is moaning about the allocation.  I think that he has a cheek to moan about the allocation because the rules of the FA Cup state that in the early rounds of the cup (up to and including the Q/Finals) the home team has to give the away team a 15 per cent allocation of tickets.  Yet whenever Arsenal were drawn at home they refused to give the away team the full allocation.  Instead of giving the away team 9000 tickets they would only give them 5186.

So I say to Ivan Gazidis "What comes around comes around.  So accept the 25000 allocation and move on

Fantastic post.

This story is recycled every year and also the same for fans in all major sporting events - e.g. world cup, Olympics etc. Last years Champions league final only offered 25,000 tickets to each participating team.

The FA has always distributed a number of tickets to other clubs and all teams are aware of this. Ivan is only making this comment to get the fans on his side as he is not very popular - its a PR stunt. Lets see if he is still complaiing next season if Spurs play Chelase in the final - I doubt it!

Archived