IGNORED

Drinking beer and gout

raviinc

problem is if the crystals form it causes permanent damage like my wrist which is constantly swollen and also it has shown degenerative changes in my neck as well,my own fault i know

Crystals can cause damage it their accumulation is chronic and over a long period of time.

Are you taking Allopurinol now?

Allopurinol does dissolves crystals that have accumulated over a period of a few weeks, but I presume once that dame is done it's done even if they crystals are dissolved by the allopurinol. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can buyalupurinal 100mg in fascino pharmacy at 20baht for a strip of 10 cheap as chips

any holes a goal

Would  'Allopurinol'  ease the Arthritic pain that i get in my ankles?

I have been taking 4 x 400mg  Ibuprufen tablets per day but they aren't working well enough  for me.

Try Aceclofenac 200mg sustained release tablets they are very effective. I tab a day.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I had a gout flare up in  Thailand and was surprised because I am on daily allupurinol . Several Thai's suggested i not eat chicken as it  promotes gout . I didn't cut back on the beer but cut out chicken and the gout quickly cleared up . I was eating a lot of chicken and cut back to once every 2 weeks and the problem was manageable .

I was then advised to boil 9 apples in water for an hour and drink a couple of glasses a day until the gout was eliminated . I followed the instructions and the gout cleared up .

I had a gout flare up in  Thailand and was surprised because I am on daily allupurinol . Several Thai's suggested i not eat chicken as it  promotes gout . I didn't cut back on the beer but cut out chicken and the gout quickly cleared up . I was eating a lot of chicken and cut back to once every 2 weeks and the problem was manageable .

I was then advised to boil 9 apples in water for an hour and drink a couple of glasses a day until the gout was eliminated . I followed the instructions and the gout cleared up .

But I thought red meats aggravate gout and really wonder if chicken-is the real culprit.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Anything that raises Uric Acid can cause a gout flareup. I had gout once about 5 years ago it was f*cking agony so my sympathies are with those who suffer. However after I had that I swore i'd change my lifestyle and dropped about 20kgs over the next year because once on allupurinol you have to be on it for life - Fuck that.

A couple of years ago I began to get lazy again and felt the beginning of a flare up, did some research and found that many were claiming baking soda as a good remedy if caught early. I tried it and to my amazement it stopped the gout attack in its tracks. I continued the baking soda for a few days just to be sure and I was fine. It's been another few years since then and I havnt had any gout signs. I highly recommend you try this, the reason it works is the baking soda assists in correcting your blood Ph levels. Some doctors will tell you it's BS but that's because they wanna prescribe you meds.

On the ground in Pattaya? Arriving Soon? Have LINE installed on your phone?

Join the (unofficial) Pattaya-Addicts group on LINE and meet a fellow monger for a beer or 10.

Pop into see Larry at babydolls or noddy at butterfly bar to be added.

Crystals can cause damage it their accumulation is chronic and over a long period of time.

Are you taking Allopurinol now?

Allopurinol does dissolves crystals that have accumulated over a period of a few weeks, but I presume once that dame is done it's done even if they crystals are dissolved by the allopurinol. 

YEAH taking them daily but damage is done and wrist is almost swollen daily and sore DAMN BEER

Is it just Beer, or any alcoholic drink that affects gout?

Red wine is the biggest killer for me! Beer is also no good, Aslo Mushrooms & Tomatoes used to set me off, I was in so much pain for around 5 years, even baught my own pair of cruches because I was sick of hiring them... Im also on the Allopurinol and now enjoy a red wine/beer whenever I feel like it. I am meant to take 100mg daily but probably only take 2-3 tabs a week no probs at all.

Red wine is the biggest killer for me! Beer is also no good, Aslo Mushrooms & Tomatoes used to set me off, I was in so much pain for around 5 years, even baught my own pair of cruches because I was sick of hiring them... Im also on the Allopurinol and now enjoy a red wine/beer whenever I feel like it. I am meant to take 100mg daily but probably only take 2-3 tabs a week no probs at all.

Just switch to whisky I have no problems for 20 years.

Whisky strait? Or coke?

I have whisky with soda because the say that soda is an alkali and neutralizes the uric acid formed due to whisky.

I have whisky with soda because the say that soda is an alkali and neutralizes the uric acid formed due to whisky.

Well there you go! Will def try, even though I'm on allopurinol I try not to take it daily unless the big toe gets sore... Also soda would have much less auger then beer!? Better for the diabetics out there I'm guessing, no beer gut also?

If you do research you will find that soda is bad for gout also, I quit beer and drank whiskey and coke, it didn't help, so I done my research, both are bad, and all alcohol is not good, some worse than others.

A little off topic but although the same factors for Kidney Stones.. I had these a few years back didnt drink for almost a year the pain was so bad and didnt want to experience that again... The doctor said Uric acid was at high levels and to avoid chicken, alcohol, liver, nuts... I always take Soda Mint pills now... They are harmless when taking in moderation it helps get acid levels down.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Whisky strait? Or coke?

Everyone is different when it comes to gout triggers, but it's widely recommended and Vodka is OK with gout.

Even during gout attacks I drank vodka with no problems. 

• 8 months later...

So to confirm:

Allopurinol - take after an attack, and on an ongoing basis to prevent future attacks. Between 100 / 300mg per day. This is available over the counter in Pharmacy?

Colchicine - take when having the attack.

I have Solone 25mg / Prednisolone tablets which I currently take when having an attack. Two days or so of taking the meds, and the attack starts to disappear.

Is this the same as Colchicine? Is Prednisolone / Solone tablets available over the counter in pharmacies too?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, however the Baking Soda has to be worth a crack too...

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Prednisolone is a steroid and a cortisone which has very powerful anti inflammatory qualities but it also causes CO lateral damage to the body. I think it should be taken with medical advise.

Want to know if drinking beer aggravates gout. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

I don't know what gout is but since I've come here I get mobility problems in my right foot. Very painful and seems to go into muscular spasms. And I drink a lot.

My friend suffers fom it He says and that's caused by too much alcohol, so He's been told.

YEAH taking them daily but damage is done and wrist is almost swollen daily and sore DAMN BEER

OK.

I am *assuming* and note the term *assume* that this is tofi and the wrist swelling began over a long period of time. 

Is it just Beer, or any alcoholic drink that affects gout?

Beer is a double whammy - bad.

It increases purines in your blood while at the same time it reduces the elimination of UA/purines.

Water.

If you want to drink: vodka and/or rum. 

I done some research and sugars are not good for gout, ( rum?). But I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Taking allopurinol , and have not had an attack for 2 years. This is after continuous attacks.

Now I eat and drink what I want where I want whenever I want. I can honestly say that allopurinol was my life saver!

same here mate 100mg every morning no attacks for 3 years

any holes a goal

I done some research and sugars are not good for gout, ( rum?). 

As for sugar it depends on several things. Number is YOU. You, are an individual. What causes your gout and relieves it may or may not be the same as for me.

As for sugar in Rum, yes Rum has it, but what kind of sugar? And, how much? 

I (in my arrogance to avoid any sort of medication.) tried to fight gout every way I could by myself. I even ate vegan for exactly a month. That alone was torture. I didn't drink for around 10 months. The gout was killing me. In the end I while on a visit my Grandfather interstate he laughed after I told him my troubles, said he had fought gout for 40 years before getting on the allopurinol. So after around 2 years fighting it I started taking the tablets and I am all good now. 

Archived