IGNORED

Nova platinum

hggcraig

Anyone stayed here?

Bored so looking at hotels for my trip later on in the year. I want something very close to Walking Street as I prefer freelancers from discos and won't get on a motorbike.

This hotel looks nice but just wondered if anyone has any info?

Cheers

Stayed there last august for five days and thank God it was only five days they have a serious problem with mosquitoes or gnats I felt like I was being eaten alive ,my body was covered in insect bite marks from constant scratching . Even more annoying was the buzzing sound of the insects in your ears announcing their arrival .For two days I had severe flu like symptoms and couldn't get out of the hotel . Another observation is a foul smell that greets you the moment you enter the room ,the smell comes out of the drains I managed to reduce that by keeping the doors to the bathroom and shower closed at all times but could not completely eliminate the bad odour .i had booked online through Agoda and couldn't cancel so I was stuck but my experience in Page ten hotel on soi 10 where I spent my last eight days in pattaya was a very pleasurable one and I would strongly recommend

Shit, just booked Nova Platinum this morning for three nights

I've stayed there several times, you just have to make sure you book the Grand Deluxe room with pool view. There are 2 or 3 buildings if I remember rightly.

One of the buildings which is attached to the hotel lobby, is not so nice and house that standard rooms.

No fee to bring guests, great big pool and friendly staff.

Stayed there a lil over a year ago. If my memory serves right. Whatever site I booked it, had it like it was a high dollar room at half price. Did not include free breakfast and was an  expensive so-so breakfast for Pattaya. Swim up bar wasn't bad. Staff was ok. Location was great. Personally I wouldn't pay more than 40 USD a night with free breakfast because with out that it probably brings your total to somewhere between 50-55 per night and I just don't feel this is a 50+ a night hotel. If I could get it cheaper like I said I would consider staying there again.

I played golf last year with a current top hotel manager - he says that Platinum attract a lot of Indian tourists... :Bye5:  

Think ill go elsewhere then. Maybe jasmine or Secrets.

All I want is nice clean room, flat screen tv, walking distance from Walking Street. Not bothered about pool. Cheaper the better.

I played golf last year with a current top hotel manager - he says that Platinum attract a lot of Indian tourists... :Bye5:

May be interesting to see if what I read is true.

The hotel is popular with the Russians.I have stayed in the Executive building ,with a pool view and balcony...good value and would stay again..breakfast not included ,but was never charged on the rare 

occasion I woke up in time to have it.

Would not recommend  the cheaper rooms.....

I've stayed here several times in the past, usually on my 2/3 night weekends up from KL.

Overall the hotel is ok. The pool is nice (an importance for me, as I like to lounge around a pool during the day), and the location is excellent - 10 min walk to WS, and right on the baht bus route.

When I first stayed there, I booked rooms in the main building (this was before the other two buildings were built), and they were nice, but since the other two blocks have been built, the main building rooms have become a bit run down. I now always book an executive room with pool view, which are the newest rooms.

I've only ever eaten breakfast in the hotel once, and it was ok, but nothing spectacular.

I'm staying there for a couple of nights next weekend, before I transfer to a VT6 condo for two weeks (the condo wasn't available for the first couple of nights of my stay).

On my previous stays, I have seen a lot of Indians there, and it also does attract a fair few Russians, judging by the accents heard poolside.

Archived