IGNORED

Southall Travel phone scam

Mr David

Just had my second great flight deal via Skyscanner with Travel Trolley which is actually Southall Travel. Booked through Skyscanner and got the confirmation saying here is your invoice but no etickets. Price was £467 from Birmingham with Emirates and very good flight and change over times.

Next came an email asking me to phone the office regarding the tickets they were holding for me. The number was a premium rate phone number which I was not going to phone. Having a 08 app on my phone which converts the number to the real non premium rate number, I called them. They kept me waiting for no reason for 20 minutes on the phone while checking my documents. This is just a scam to get you to call them as it happened the last time I booked with them as well.

So if you do book with them and are asked to phone the office, use 020 86069606 and save yourself the costs.

Cheers, I have used Southall in the past and never had any probs, but never had to call them.

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I've used Southall Travel a couple of times in the past and got good service and good prices for flights with them, but when I tried to use them in January to book my flight for Feb they have changed how they do things on the website. They give you the best price for the flight which normally has long layover times. They then show other flights with the better times but you can't book them via the website, you have to call, and when you call that flight price is now gone and they try to get you to book a more expensive flight.

Checked back a few days later and they were still advertising the lower price, won't use them again unless they change back to how they used to work. Obviously just trying to get customers, not bothered about giving a good service so they can get repeat customers. Doesn't take much to look around and get prices the same but with better service. Ended up booking direct with Emirates and cost me about £5 less than Southall were trying to charge me.

I M O still always best to Book with Airline direct even if costs a few Quid more that way if problems arise you have just one conpany to deal with do not get sent around the House's and no silly premium rate numbers or call centres.

Good tip about 08 Numbers by the way which work for most things and can save lots of Money if on Hold to Banks etc

Ghosty

I M O still always best to Book with Airline direct even if costs a few Quid more that way if problems arise you have just one conpany to deal with do not get sent around the House's and no silly premium rate numbers or call centres.

Good tip about 08 Numbers by the way which work for most things and can save lots of Money if on Hold to Banks etc

Ghosty

I agree and nearly always book direct but just could not find anywhere near the price or changeover time. Never really understand why companies let others companies sell the their product far cheaper than they sell it themselves.

The flight via Qantas on Skyscanner which is operated by Emirates from BHX was £467. On Qantas website they wanted around £750 and Emirates was about £550 for the same flights.

You know how us Guys avoid Indians like the Plague in Pattaya,,,,,,,,??

The same reason I avoid Southell Travel !

To avoid calling 0870 numbers you can visit www.saynoto0870.com

This site has saved me a lot of money over the years

Travelbag tried it on with me. I booked a flight with them and got an email saying my booking was being processed. The next morning I got an email asking me to call them as a matter of urgency. I called them and was informed that the price I booked at was no longer available and the price had increased by £25. Told them to cancel it and booked the same flight £3 cheaper than my original price. Next day got an email from Travelbag that I could have the flight at the original agreed price. Called them back and told them in no uncertain terms that I didn't appreciate their attempts to rip me off and I would never use them again

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

• 4 weeks later...

always used ebookers, their prices are a couple of quid cheaper than direct to airline, you can also use the chat option to chat online with their staff for more info.

• 4 weeks later...

Have used ebookers or Netflights many times without problems and saved £££s, the only airline I book direct with is Etihad as the price is always within £5.

ebookers has good online reviews and ive used them a few times.    Ive used opodo in the past but apparently since they got taken over by edreams they've gone downhill rapidly.    Sometimes you it can be fruitfull going straight to the airline website to book once you know the airport/dates/times they are flying.   netflights doesnt have great reviews online either but ive used them before with no problems.   I dont think id book through any other than ebookers or the airline website now,  and also booking through the airline website can smooth the path to online checkin.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Archived