IGNORED

Koh Chang - Kacha Resort or Chang Buri

Morning Gents

On my next trip in June looking to break up Patts with a few days in Koh Chang. I realise it's low season, may be rainy and that talent may be hit and miss.

Can anyone give personal experience of either Kacha Resort or Chang Buri which I understand are both near/on the beach (although rocky end) and near small beer bar area. Most importantly are they girl friendly. Have e-mailed both but just got room offers back.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rattlin

They are, it will be rainy, and talent is hit-and-miss. I stayed in a bungalo in Kacha and in the main building at Chon Buri, it's right next to the main bar area and Kacha is just down the block. They're OK but I prefer better accommodations when I visit the island.

Retired

I stayed at paddy palms in koh chang lovely hotel. irish bar food is amazing to. and has a bar complex right next to it bars right opposite to. right next to shops 7/11 they hire out scoters to. the hotel is very girl friendly and lovely rooms ill deffo be returning

Thanks Gents

I've read your TR Piece. Using this as a mid Pattaya break so want somewhere quiet but also want the option of some beer bars if the fancy takes me. I saw the resorts you stayed at are not on White Sands which from what I can see has about the only beer bar area so ruled them out as only planning on walking anywhere of an evening.

Never ridden a scooter in my life and not planning on learning in Thailand so thanks for the suggestion Cabbie but may use one of your local namesakes.

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at these hotels too for my upcoming trip.

I've emailed them both about their joiner policy but they've not replied.

Anyone know if they are girl friendly?

If you are not scared of driving a rent motorbike on KC why not have a look at koh chang thai garden hill resort on chai chet cape between klong prao beach and white sand beach., only a 5 minute drive with motorbike from the beerbars on white sand beach and in front of the hotel there are +- 10 beerbars inwalking distance aswell.

room also cheaper too as kacha or buri and nice swimming pool !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

If you are not scared of driving a rent motorbike on KC why not have a look at koh chang thai garden hill resort on chai chet cape between klong prao beach and white sand beach., only a 5 minute drive with motorbike from the beerbars on white sand beach and in front of the hotel there are +- 10 beerbars inwalking distance aswell.

room also cheaper too as kacha or buri and nice swimming pool !

Many thanks for your advice.

Sadly I'm terrified of motorbikes!

I've just booked the Top Resort in White Sands as I didn't hear anything from the others.

It has great Trip Advisor reports and they have confirmed they are girl friendly.

Any PA members stayed there?

Definitely have a meal at Paul's restaurant @ Top resort, a great german restaurant !

Too bad you don't like motorbike's as it is truly a magnifent way of exploring the Island. And there are many great bars and restaurants @ other beaches as WSB and only depending on songthaews in KC is not only more expensive but a lot harder as a motorbike.

Personally i have driven motorbike and car all over Thailand (Pattaya, Bangkok, Hua Hin, ChiangMai, Samui, Phuket, Isaan ...) and if you use a defensive drivestyle it is pretty much the same a in Europe, Belgium for me.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Definitely have a meal at Paul's restaurant @ Top resort, a great german restaurant !

Too bad you don't like motorbike's as it is truly a magnifent way of exploring the Island. And there are many great bars and restaurants @ other beaches as WSB and only depending on songthaews in KC is not only more expensive but a lot harder as a motorbike.

Personally i have driven motorbike and car all over Thailand (Pattaya, Bangkok, Hua Hin, ChiangMai, Samui, Phuket, Isaan ...) and if you use a defensive drivestyle it is pretty much the same a in Europe, Belgium for me.

Thanks for your help.

I'm thinking about hiring a car for a day or two...I've done that in Samui in the past.

Car is your best choice.

Shouldn't pay more than 800 THB a day. Maximum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived