IGNORED

Cherry Bars (Updated 19th August)

Hammer

Not sure if Adam has posted this elsewhere but the reopening of Cherry Bar on Soi 8 is tonight with a party for one of his girls. Should be a good one!

I know it clashes with the addicts meet but would be good to see some of you there to lend your support!

Cheers!

LF

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soldiermick

• Hammer

• cinnamon kid

• Shuggy

3 years for me as a bar owner have now come and gone. There has been a lot of highs and lows during that time, but I still say it was the best thing I have ever done. I have met so many new friends during those 3 years for which I feel so lucky and happy.

I finally moved back into Soi 8 on the 25th July, So after being told the renovations would only take one month, it was nearly three - Welcome to Thailand :rolleyes:

30.jpg

It did came as a surprise the stage at which they handed the bar over to me. It was just a shell, and I had to get some workers myself to come in and do the ceiling, the electrics, the sides of the bars, a stage and dancing pole and even a step ! Which meant spending a lot more money than I had anticipated.

The roof, which I had to build a ceiling underneath.

29.jpg

Here are some pictures of the final work.

28.jpg

27.jpg

26.jpg

25.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

21.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

The complex is still not finished. At the front there are now 2 double size bars in the middle and four small size bars on the sides. (I am still the first bar of the complex, if you were coming up Soi 8 from Beach Road) Surprisingly, Sam's bar never moved back. They were always one of the busiest bars in the complex, but they are now directly opposite me. At the back of the complex there are about 8 empty bars and an unfinished gogo/disco. The DJ unit is still not ready, so the promise of a single music system for the complex is still far away !

Considering how quiet the bars are in town, I think it will be very hard for those people that move into the bars behind. As I'm finding with my second bar on Beach Road. Location is so important. A bar being one back from the walk by trade might as well be a mile back.

I mention that bars may be quiet, but the town seems quite busy. hotels are doing quite well. But it's the different type of tourist who is coming to Pattaya, which is the reason. For example last week I was in KFC (have to keep up my healthy Thai diet!) . The place was full, but there was only two other single farang men (who could be considered mongers) in the restaurant. The rest were either Asian, Indian, Arab, Russian, Couples or Families, not your normal bar customer. A friend of mine went into a popular GoGo on Soi Diamond at around midnight last week, and was the only customer, which I find unbelievable.

Since we've been back on Soi 8, we've had 4 popular parties, here are some pictures.

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

One noticeable thing from the parties, was that even though the bar looks so much nicer than before, it's about half size, and the lack of space for customers was apparent. It might sound a good problem to have, but I don't think so !

Things have been quite steady on Soi 8 and I seem to be holding my own in the complex, One particular piece of good news for the bar, was the return of one of Cherry Bar's most popular girls. LIN, Nobody please sponsor her too quick !

CIMG1763640x480.jpg

The next party planned is on the 20th August at Cherry Bar Too on Beach Road

Image6.jpg

Talking of my other bar on beach road, things haven't been as good as on Soi 8. While Cherry Bar on Soi 8 always seems to have a steady trickle of customers. Things are really hurting on the other bar. We've had nights of only one or two customers ALL NIGHT. We've tried putting the girls on the road enticing customers in. But it hasn't worked and just upset my neighboring bars. So I really need to be creative somehow to entice new customers. The idea that springs to mind is to reduce drink prices and make a bigger sign to advertise this. It's strange how Western Logic is different to Thai Logic. I know of some bars on Soi 2 facing the same problem, and they have done the opposite and actually raised drink prices to make up for their lost revenue !

It's really a shame that this bar is hurting, because I feel it's a much nicer bar than the one on Soi 8. It's so comfortable, hassle free and we can play whatever music the customers want to hear. You can even listen to the sports commentary while watching games on a big TV. People might suggest selling this bar, but it not something I want to consider at this moment.

As you can imagine it has been hard for the girls working at Cherry Bar Too, but hopefully we will have a good night for them on the 20th when a customer is throwing a birthday party there.

Also Just to remind you guys the hours I now work.

7pm-11pm – Cherry Bar Too (Beach Road)

11pm-3am – Cherry Bar (Soi 8)

It would be great to see you at one of the bars in the near future.

Take care

Adam

Adam, Thanks for the update.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

thanks adam for the up date,2 nice young ladies in the photos there which bar do they work in,me and orbyare out again in late oct see you then take care.

Bar fine one get one free?.. just a thought. I know I would. Will be stopping by soon mate, both bars.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

I will drop by both bars in September. And the "Pay one BF, get on free" is not a bad idea... Just throwing that out there. :D

When life gives you lemons...

Fuck the lemons and grab a beer.

Read my trip report!

Pics

The new reopened Cherry bar looks very nice as I can see on the pictures. But of course I wish you all the best with

Cherry bar 2. I will come and give it a try when I'm back next week.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

Hi Adam, I wish you well in both your endevours. You can certainly count on my patronage when I return in November (Stocking some Canadian Club would help!! LOL) Keep up the good work. :Blur:

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdowns&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/skins/a40.swf&text=I%20Come%20back%20to%20Paradise%20City&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=10&day=5&hour=14&minute=30&second=31&x=11&y=135" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdowns</small></center>

The new bar looks good Adam and i hope trade picks up for you in the beach rd . I wish you all the best mate your a great guy and i shall see you in January! Chow

Adam: The very best with what ever you decide to do. Will stop by both old and new when I get in. Hope that both survive for you and the girls. Thanks for keeping us updated. Cheers

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Best of luck with both bars Adam. I suppose you had a lease, but the owner screwed you on the tiny space he gave you. I've seen several standing room only parties at the old bar. This one must be about 1/3 the size of that one.

The new bar is nice. Is there enough foot traffic on Beach Rd. there to draw from?

probe

Adam, wish you the best on both the bars. Have been in Pattaya for the past 30 days and have stopped at the Cherry Bar numerous times but have missed you. I'll see you on my next trip and look forward to the crawls as they start up soon. You have introduced me via the crawls to so many of the great places of Pattaya/Jomtien I really appreciate it.

Hope both your bars go as you've planned. Will definitely be visiting them both in Sept/Oct, and hopefully

on Sept. 24th on the Gogo-crawl (first day of my trip). Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Adam,

Believe it or not the idea of raising prices when business is slow in not just a Thai idea. Living in So. California I make the trek to Mexico about every other month or so. I used to have a bar I liked to hang out at with friendly girls, I would just buy a bucket of beers (10 in the bucket) for $20 and give a few away to the girls (Usually buy a 2nd bucket before I leave, not to mention the other $ I would spend). Last week I go in there and I get the bucket and now the waiter says $35, I say it is $20, he says no $35. We call the manager over whom I know and she says business is very slow (it has been slowing down for some time now) so we have to raise prices so we can make the same money as before. When I tried to explain that @ $3.50 per beer I can drink in the US at that price without having to cross the boarder, pay for parking, etc. and this would just make things worse as 90% of their trade is from the US the concept just seemed to elude them. So I guess Thai logic is a widespread epidemic :SoWhat1:

Gammon

Good luck, Adam. My friend Max and I will be there in October to visit you. May also bring a couple of friends. Keep your chin up. :Bravo1:

From all the support of your places from the members on this site there is no doubt I'll be stopping in both places in Oct when I am in town.

Been to both bars this week.

The old one is looking new now although a bit smaller than b4 it is still good.

The new one (Cherry too) is good too, I have been doing my drinking early evening and they have both been a bit quiet but that is better for me as I get loads of attention espesially from Pit.

Cheers Mick

The new one (Cherry too) is good too, I have been doing my drinking early evening and they have both been a bit quiet but that is better for me as I get loads of attention espesially from Pit.

Cheers Mick

Cheers Mick

Cheers Mick

I have been to both bars this week.

The old one is looking new now and although a bit smaller is just as good.

The new one (Cherry too) is looking good too.

My drinking is mostly done early evening right now and both places have been a bit quiet, that is good for me though as I get loads of attention especially from Pit.

Cheers Mick