IGNORED

China Garden Restaurant - For RENT (New Offer)

China Garden

Kobe Beef, I am afraid not, here in Bangkok its 6000 Baht a steak! Perhaps once a month I could do a "special evening" where it was served. Our aim is to sell Thai / French beef from Chiang Mai & Angus Australian beef, Black Angus is nice but I doubt the price difference is justifiable to most customers.

I just ordered 30 cast iron Staub cocotte from the UK, I plan on serving macaroni cheese & a few other sides in them, to me presentation in paramount. I will start a thread in the business section with pictures & updates as they happen.

Cheers,

Ian

I agree presentation is everything but there is also a saying "a fool and there money are easily parted"

Presentation is easily achievable on the plate .

You have already added an unneeded cost and in my opinion alienated some customers straight away.

Customers want in the following order.

Value

Taste

Atmosphere

Presentation

What they do not want is

Precociousness

Discomfort

Lack of value for money

Money is to be made in up sells not the main meal.

Families whether we like it or not are where that money is.

The guys will eat a steak and not even see what it is served on as long as it's big and cooked to requirement.

They then leave.

If they have a girl with them the girl will usually order the most expensive item on the menu. The guy will then get the bill and leave.

The commonality here is leaving and not returning.

My advice for what it's worth. ( I am in the restaurant business)

Lose the pretentious pans in favour of some plain square white plates. Target families with kids meals which actually target parents.

Small versions of big meals. Research has shown that most places in patts have no idea what a kids meal is and after a lot of explaining you usually get an adult meal anyway which pisses off a customer never to return.

Concentrate on some tasty easy desserts as they are money makers and some decent music and surroundings to keep people buying booze as that's your bread winner.

Good luck mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great advice, thank you. 

I agree presentation is everything but there is also a saying "a fool and there money are easily parted" Presentation is easily achievable on the plate . You have already added an unneeded cost and in my opinion alienated some customers straight away. Customers want in the following order. Value Taste Atmosphere Presentation What they do not want is Precociousness Discomfort Lack of value for money Money is to be made in up sells not the main meal. Families whether we like it or not are where that money is. The guys will eat a steak and not even see what it is served on as long as it's big and cooked to requirement. They then leave. If they have a girl with them the girl will usually order the most expensive item on the menu. The guy will then get the bill and leave. The commonality here is leaving and not returning. My advice for what it's worth. ( I am in the restaurant business) Lose the pretentious pans in favour of some plain square white plates. Target families with kids meals which actually target parents. Small versions of big meals. Research has shown that most places in patts have no idea what a kids meal is and after a lot of explaining you usually get an adult meal anyway which pisses off a customer never to return. Concentrate on some tasty easy desserts as they are money makers and some decent music and surroundings to keep people buying booze as that's your bread winner. Good luck mate. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great advice, especially regarding the drinks... We will have Asahi on draft but a nice line up of cocktails on offer at reasonable prices! 

Much as I hate this next bit of advice as I don't like promoting booze to kids but try adding some alcohol free cocktails that look like mom and dad's kids love that. If the kids are happy the parents are happy and will stay and spend and more importantly they will come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived