IGNORED

China Garden Restaurant - For RENT (New Offer)

China Garden

Good luck, I think that will work, I go out for a steak occasionally with a group of guys we will certainly try you out once your open, but please put the food you serve on hot plates, so many places don't, putting a freshly cooked steak on a cold plate is criminal in my book.

I even asked the Farang manager of one place we went to ensure the plates were hot, and he said he could not do it as they did not have the facility to, so I told him 5 ways to heat a plate up in a kitchen lol, his face was a picture

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would have gone for a Nandos type set up - no-one else is doing it - so people would make a special trip

Either way good luck!

There's a nandos rip off in Bangkok...called peri peri or something, located in the malls but food not very good and expensive...

There's a nandos rip off in Bangkok...called peri peri or something, located in the malls but food not very good and expensive...

I was thinking in a place with much lower rent and a higher concentration of farangs - it might just work - especially as there is nowhere like it - at present.....

Love the Argentina steak, hard to find in any restaurant in Thailand ,

Good luck, I think that will work, I go out for a steak occasionally with a group of guys we will certainly try you out once your open, but please put the food you serve on hot plates, so many places don't, putting a freshly cooked steak on a cold plate is criminal in my book.

I even asked the Farang manager of one place we went to ensure the plates were hot, and he said he could not do it as they did not have the facility to, so I told him 5 ways to heat a plate up in a kitchen lol, his face was a picture

+1 your dead right mate.... 

Personally I would have gone for a Nandos type set up - no-one else is doing it - so people would make a special trip

Either way good luck!

The chef teaching us is originally from Mexico,  so expect to find some great Mexican dishes on our "lunch-time" menu, this chef also appeared on "Iron-chef Thailand".  There is several Piri-Piri chicken places in Bangkok, one inside T21, the

Untitled-2.jpg

Love the Argentina steak, hard to find in any restaurant in Thailand ,

Yes the suppliers only offer Australian & sometimes USA steaks, there is an Argentine steak-house called El Gaucho outside Terminal 21 in Bangkok but again its USA beef oddly enough.... and very expensive~!

The food sounds like its going to be great but I dont want to eat my steak out of a pan - I dont care if its warm or not its still a pan.

I hope that when I visit I can get it served on a plate instead, and of course that the staff would be able to understand that.

It looks nice and I understand the vaue of presentation but the last time I ate out of a pan (I know its not been cooked in it) was when I was a student, which was several decades ago.

Maybe Ive misunderstood the concept as Im looking at it as a sole diner and that its served like that for two or more people to share and transfer to their plates ?

Whatever...........

I wish you great success and will come over and give it try when I get over as I just love a good steak.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

The food sounds like its going to be great but I dont want to eat my steak out of a pan - I dont care if its warm or not its still a pan.

I hope that when I visit I can get it served on a plate instead, and of course that the staff would be able to understand that.

It looks nice and I understand the vaue of presentation but the last time I ate out of a pan (I know its not been cooked in it) was when I was a student, which was several decades ago.

Maybe Ive misunderstood the concept as Im looking at it as a sole diner and that its served like that for two or more people to share and transfer to their plates ?

Whatever...........

I wish you great success and will come over and give it try when I get over as I just love a good steak.

The cast iron skillet the steak is served in is "aesthetic", its not the pan the steak was cooked in, its merely for presentation & ideal way to keep the steak warm once served. The steaks will be cooked on our flame grill, ultimately I am going to invest in a Josper charcoal grill but they are 800,000 Baht. 

But if you want a plate thats fine! We have a English speaking manager if you have any problems communicating with the staff which hopefully you wont.... 

Thank you for your good wishes.

Just a piece of information here in the states Ian. Beef in the US is at an all time high price. It's because of the droughts we have and it looks to get worse. I have had Australian Lamb and it is great but I do not know how Australian beef would be to an American? Just some thoughts for you best wishes.

Just a piece of information here in the states Ian. Beef in the US is at an all time high price. It's because of the droughts we have and it looks to get worse. I have had Australian Lamb and it is great but I do not know how Australian beef would be to an American? Just some thoughts for you best wishes.

Beef prices are on the rise here in Thailand as well, mostly due to Asian markets consuming more. Australian beef is up there with the world finest, they have many familiar breeds such as Angus, Hereford. Australian Blackmore Wagyu beef is on par with that of the Japanese stock, there's the choice of grain or grass feed beef....pretty much everything you get in the USA in terms of quality (Prime beef). 

I have thought a little time about posting a reply and obviously decided to do so, I personally think the original proposal in most ways seemed a good opportunity for the right person. I do not profess to be an expert, I have had probably 30 years experience in the entertainment industry which at most times has had a "catering" element. Most has not been "high end" but for 14 years I was involved in aspects ranging from what some call banqueting LOL, to fast food and "café" outlets.

I am sorry going to be a little bit negative but only to try to give positive input or "food for thought". No one is going to hand you business "on a plate", financially and creatively you must make an often life changing commitment and I thought the original offer for someone who had some success financially, involved in catering but was looking for something different, this ticked a lot of boxes.

Location can be paramount and the area has potential but in 14 trips most located around the area I have looked at china garden accommodation because of the good reports and of course the Jacuzzi's and walked by the restaurant many, many times, yet Chinese food (in all its forms) being my favourite, I have never once eat there despite using other eateries on the same street. Now that could be due to competition nearby, presentation, perceived price and that funny intangible thing location, one side of the street being successful the other not.

I also wonder if western food and "Steak" in title of a restaurant is what is going to bring the customers in, particularly Korean and Russian?

I do apologise I have no solution, I wish I had, I would have been in there like a shot a great way to live in the place I love.

I am excited to try the new place! I ate at China Garden once and had no complaints. I am actually surprised it was not more successful. I also love Mexican so having some choices there sounds great!

Good luck!

hi hope everthing go ok with steakhouse wish i had the guts would be out likea shot still best rooms in pattaya hope u keep same staff all the best dont mind the dafties trying to trun u down willie and janis

when does the place have the grand opening...some photo's would be nice

Whatever...........

What could be wrong with having your meal served in a cast iron plate like that pictured?

CropperCapture9.jpg

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

What just happened!   :Disease1:

CropperCapture9.jpg

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

What could be wrong with having your meal served in a cast iron plate like that pictured?

attachicon.gifCropperCapture9.jpg

Nothing wrong with your photo however this was what it seems to be being served in - sure it looks stylish but I just asked if I could have it served on a plate instead and was told "yes"

post-38345-0-98864000-1398139390.jpg

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Well I have eaten at the China Garden even stayed in the rooms IMHO Ian was correct in looking for a particular type of Buyer. Even though he would not be financially out of pocket if the business failed after a year or so It was obviously something he didn't want to happen which speaks loads regarding his integrity and Business knowledge.

My Thai friend loved the food and the ambience and wondered with such low prices how they made a profit. She compared it as at least equal to Mantra dont ask me because she can afford Mantra I can't lol.

I can see the difficulties in running a Chinese restaurant in Pattaya your target market is a little undefined. The tourist might make an occasional visit but in all probability has excellent Chinese at home. The long term Ex-pat certainly a good market but more likely to order rather than go out making it look as the restaurant was deserted. When I was in there enjoying my meal a lot was going out the front door. The Hi-So Thai would be a great customer market but not at that location and  the prices would be too cheap for them. Ironically a case for Thai double pricing the other way around lol.

I have no doubt that the new restaurant will be a hit Though I will miss the CG It would of been easier and cheaper just to give it a kick up the Bum sorry to use such exotic business methodology. A few new dishes theme nights and promotions would of easily re-established it and got the profits soaring 95% of the work had been done.

One question is will you be serving proper Kobi beef Steaks? They are on my Bucket list and one of the few items remaining to tick off. Reminds me anyone have Lucy Lui's telephone number???

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Kobe Beef, I am afraid not, here in Bangkok its 6000 Baht a steak! Perhaps once a month I could do a "special evening" where it was served. Our aim is to sell Thai / French beef from Chiang Mai & Angus Australian beef, Black Angus is nice but I doubt the price difference is justifiable to most customers.

I just ordered 30 cast iron Staub cocotte from the UK, I plan on serving macaroni cheese & a few other sides in them, to me presentation in paramount. I will start a thread in the business section with pictures & updates as they happen.   

Cheers,

Ian

Staub.jpg

..but almost everything is more expensive in Australia than anywhere else.
Forth most expensive place in the world to live from this recent report. Only Switzerland, Noway and Bermuda are more expensive.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/30/australia-is-the-fourth-most-expensive-country-in-the-world-says-study

Archived