Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden - 1 June

PattayaPete

It’s a new calendar month and The Pattaya Beer Garden seems to be settling into a nice working routine. The biggest nightmare during May was undoubtedly getting the computerized check bin system working properly. We seem to have got there and even the cashiers now like the system.

325601-102.jpg

The other computer system that gets a lot of comments is the music video system. All the music is played on the computer, not off DVDs. Many, many people have asked me how it is done, why the picture is so clear and can I give them a copy of the DVD. The reason so many of the videos look so good is that they are in high definition. HD videos can not be played off DVD. We do pay for a licence to play these videos and it is more than my life is worth to give away copies. The record companies are very mean and are quite pro-active in suing easy marks like us if we do something illegal. Giving away or selling copies is a definite no no.

Warning . . . boring techy stuff follows. Move on to the next paragraph if you don’t want to know. The other thing about the TV system in the PBG that makes it look good, is that all the TVs are wired digitally, using HDMI amplifiers and distribution boxed. It was quite difficult and expensive to set up but if anyone wants to know how it is done I am quite happy to explain it in person. Be prepared to spend quite a lot of baht though.

Reading the forums I see a few people wondering if we can make it through the low season and expressing concern that we may not be here by the time they arrive in Pattaya. Please do not worry and I can guarantee we will be here for a good many years to come. When we set the place up we had enough working capital to sustain losses for over a year and the tenacity to do so if we had to. As I said last week we actually broke even in the first month of trading which is unusual for a new business in Pattaya particularly one trying something different.

From day one we have had consistently good business. The bar itself can be a little deceptive because of the size and the four different areas. Fifty people can virtually disappear and it takes over 100 people to make the place look slightly busy. For me this is a great advantage as the relaxing, chill out atmosphere is not spoilt even when we are busy.

There were also a few complaints about slow service when ordering food. We actually have five chefs working through the busy evening meal time but last week we were particularly busy for meals around 7 pm. On several days over 200 people ate dinner at the PBG and it is difficult to get the staffing levels right as demand fluctuates. If you had to wait too long please accept my apologies. We are working hard to stream line the system and get the food out quickly. It will take a while to get it right.

325601-103.jpg

325601-104.jpg

This week we doubled the number of Thai dishes on the menu and also added a few western dishes. We also changed many of the main courses so that instead of getting French fries by default you may now choose fries, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or fries. Lots of people asked for this option so it is now available. The menu will continue to evolve and your feedback is appreciated and listened too. Please just remember that our prices are very low and we want to keep them that way. To do so we must rely on local products, produce and meat.

We have good suppliers and we do not compromise on quality. In the end though, a Thai steak will not be as nice as an imported Argentinean or Australian steak. However they are almost as good and cost half as much. Beware of the Isaan dishes. They are meant for the girls and are extremely hot. Try with caution.

325601-105.jpg

The freelancer situation is evolving and getting better all the time. We are always promoting the beer garden to the girls and building up a nice set of regulars. New girls stumble in every day and overall I am satisfied we are on the right track. It is still a bit hit and miss and will probably remain so for a few more months. You just have to try your luck and maybe wait for a while for new girls to wander in.

I have mentioned busy times before but I think it is a bit self defeating to do so. Last week I write that I was surprised by the number of girls arriving after 10pm. On Friday night we had about 25 girls sitting at the bar at 7 pm and 5 guys. By 9 pm that had changed to 25 guys and 5 girls. Sometimes the balance is right and sometimes it is not. I am sure this will continue until we are better known.

I saw a comment on a board last week about the rules of engagement. Basically the poster was saying he was not going to approach the girls and if they did not approach him nothing was going to happen. That approach will work in just about every bar in Pattaya but it will not work at the Pattaya Beer Garden. You must make first contact. If you can’t or won’t do that then the PBG is probably not for you. If you approach a girl at the bar I can almost guarantee that you will not be rebuffed. The girls are there to find a man after all. Even fat old balding people like me are seen as desirable meat mates. So don’t be shy just say Hi. The rest will follow naturally and without pressure.

325601-106.jpg

325601-107.jpg

325601-108.jpg

325601-109.jpg

325601-110.jpg

325601-111.jpg

325601-112.jpg

325601-113.jpg

325601-114.jpg

325601-115.jpg

325601-116.jpg

325601-117.jpg

We are in to out June promotions now. The freelancer discount continues. Bring your own freelancer and receive a 100 baht discount off your order. Please ask clearly for "The Freelancer Discount" when ordering.

Happy hours are 3 pm to 5 pm and then again 9 pm to 11 pm every day. All bottled beers are 50 baht (except Corona). This week we have permanently lowered the price of Corona and Strongbow.

A new thing we are trying in June is the "Sunset Promotion". The PBG is a great place to watch the sunset each evening around 6:30 pm. It can be quite spectacular. From 5:30 pm to 7 pm each night we are offering the "Sunset Special". A plate of Thai h'orderves and a Sundowner cocktail for two hundred baht. The Thai snacks are very tasty and farang friendly (will not blow your head off) and the Sundowner cocktail packs a bit of a wallop with three shots of the hard stuff.

325601-118.jpg

Sunset Special 200 baht.

I hope to see you at the Pattaya Beer Garden sometime soon.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PattayaPete

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Looks like its getting better and better at the PBG Pete.

Will be there in JUly to sample some dishes oh and the food and drinks too hehehe

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Thanks for the update Pete. Lots of good info. Look forward to my next visit.

Testicles

Nice one pete glad all is going well hope to see you all again soon keep up the good work

cheers chris :P:D

Wriggley Tin 1

That's great Pete it looks like it's getting better there all the time. I was there in the last week of April and could see how good it will be.

I told a TG i know to go along and take her cute little friend that usually works the beach.

She rang me from there the other night to thank me for telling her about it.

They love the place.

So if you see Pan and Gip say g'day for me.

Peter, Thank you for posting pics of your new place. Best of success to you, m8. See you in Sept.

This little lass is a real cuttie. Almost a Korean look to her... So sweet...

325780-97.jpg

à¸à¹‰à¸™à¸›à¸­à¸”ยอดขุนพล <center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/14.jpg&text=LA%20VIDA%20LOCA&untilColor=0&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=8&day=28&hour=23&minute=45&second=0&x=30&y=72" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

Great to see, the place is beginning to work out for you Pete, I really enjoyed going there.....

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Keep up the good work pete you have a very nice bar there! I met you once in there when you had just opened!

See you soon!

This place is starting to look better all the time, well done Pete I have sent you an PM about an event I want to do there.

Cheers

JT

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

nice update Pete, thx for sharing.

PBG grow up !

Good luck, i shall visit my next trip looking like a place to sink a few beers :ThankGod1:

Good for you Pete, that things seem to get better as time goes by. Keep us updated mate and I`ll keep my fingers crossed for you that your bar will be amongst the best ones of Pattaya. You seem to have found a good formula for running your bar succesfully. Do you ever want to find a good Western Chef, just pm me and I`m sure that I can give you one, who is willing to work in Thailand. He is now running a restaurant in France for about three years with great succes.

Cheers mate,

Adrie.

Pete, I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Look for me in August! Your updates keep getting better and better!!!!

Eat. Down. South.

I agree with you mate. Pete`s PBG as well as his reports are getting uphill. The girls that come around look pretty delicious and they are a Thai dish on themselves. 5555

Good to hear the place is still working for you, from what i have read i think this place along with you as a manager will be going for many years

Thanks for the girl pics... some nice ones. I will be sure to stop in when I arrive in 2 weeks. I consider myself a freelancer, so do I qualify for the freelancer discount? :P:Laugh1:

i'm loving the new complex, pete. Can't wait to come back in July.

Good luck, bro

At last the BEER GARDEN has been added to the FAMOUS " PATTAYA BAR HOPPING GUIDE MAP"

It is very unique compared to most of the bars in town, well worth a visit.

For people who don't know where the BEER GARDEN it's BLUE 7...

Just download the map ( FREE OF CHARGE ) and head on down.

Good Luck Pete.

Cartoonman.

• 4 weeks later...

Was there when bar first opened, looked good but just not enough girls. Hope this place does good, seems like a good idea and nice place to drink cold beers.