Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | NWG 2020 Charity Appeal | NEW PA website | Add your Text or Event here

asmodeus

Andrew Drummond needs your help

asmodeus

Pretty much the only journalist in Thailand who is willing to expose dodgy farangs preying on others...particularly in Pattay

He's broke defending himself on various mickey mouse court cases designed to bankrupt him. Has 3 kids to support. Give him a few quid if you can

Extract below doesn't mention any names or allegations so nothing to worry the mods

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/03/a-journalists-plea-as-criminals-cash.html

British journalist based in Thailand believes he is probably the most sued journalist in the world and that is, he says, because foreign crooks have been abusing Thailand’s ill-conceived libel and Computer Crime Act laws.

Andrew Drummond, a British investigative journalist, has conducted investigations which have been led to the arrest and return to the UK of several British criminals.

I have survived. The only reason why I am not in jail today is because thankfully members of the public who can see I am doing good have come to my aid with donations.

I will continue to fight. I hope good Thai people will also see that what I am doing is right.

But I desperately need help to fight and survive the next few months so I can finally get these people into court themselves and pay for the damage they have done.

I, (we) have come so far, fought so many battles and one, it would be tragic to lose at this state.

Please click on the 'Support Andrew' button if you can help. Or you can message me here and I can give further details. Thank you.

Vortex

Does anyone know him personally, is he really just a victim in all this, a good guy being persecuted by the bad people he has exposed?

I ask because I would be inclined to support someone like this but I know very little about him other than maybe the odd mention on the forums.

Edited by Vortex

asmodeus

Does anyone know him personally, is he really just a victim in all this, a good guy being persecuted by the bad people he has exposed?I ask because I would be included to support someone like this but I know very little about him other than maybe the odd mention on the forums.

I've never met him but have fed him some info for stories over the last year or two and have some mutual friends in BKK.

He is the good guy in all of this. His advertising income from the website barely covers his costs as he says himself...he exposes these chancers as any decent journalist would risking his family's financial security in order to publish the stories. He has a 20 year track record of writing for fleet street papers.

All the background is on his website

Bernie Num Nums

Be very wary of being associated with Andrew - he has many opponents who are not very nice people.

asmodeus

Be very wary of being associated with Andrew - he has many opponents who are not very nice people.

Its true that his opponents have even gone after his advertisers and even managed to get a forum shut down(sub zero siam) as one of the guys running it basically went to war with one guy, one teacher was also fired from his job...for me these are reasons to support Drummond.

People can donate or even comment anonymously over on his site

ausmagoo

In the link he states that for the last 20 years or so in Thailand , he has been a correspondent for the Observer, The Times and the London Evening Post.

You would think if he has been such a story breaker and news supplier to these media outlets then they would be supporting his cause.

cheers

Kangarooted

In the link he states that for the last 20 years or so in Thailand , he has been a correspondent for the Observer, The Times and the London Evening Post.

You would think if he has been such a story breaker and news supplier to these media outlets then they would be supporting his cause.

cheers

I don't understand the exact trade term for it, but yes, he was employed by these papers, with salary. The last one of which, due to cost cuts they made and editorial decisions etc he, as far as I know, is no longer with any of them, ie he is a freelancer.

And therefore ex employers wouldn't get involved in supporting a guy who doesn't work for them, and in effect can submit stories to anyone, including their competitors, and of course papers have enough of their own legal issues.

When he was losing his salary ie getting punted from a stable job to having to fend on his own without any guarantee, he had just had another child. We were out drinking and he was upset with the job situation, but defiant he would battle on. This was probably 3 years ago now, maybe a little more, so obviously it didn't work out too good, especially with legal costs .....

I feel sorry for him - I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to vouch for him, as I dont know him well enough, but I have seen him do some good with his stories, and occasionally go over and above to help out the victims.....

fredjas

Pretty much the only journalist in Thailand who is willing to expose dodgy farangs preying on others...particularly in Pattay

He's broke defending himself on various mickey mouse court cases designed to bankrupt him. Has 3 kids to support. Give him a few quid if you can

Extract below doesn't mention any names or allegations so nothing to worry the mods

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/03/a-journalists-plea-as-criminals-cash.html

British journalist based in Thailand believes he is probably the most sued journalist in the world and that is, he says, because foreign crooks have been abusing Thailand’s ill-conceived libel and Computer Crime Act laws.

Andrew Drummond, a British investigative journalist, has conducted investigations which have been led to the arrest and return to the UK of several British criminals.

I have survived. The only reason why I am not in jail today is because thankfully members of the public who can see I am doing good have come to my aid with donations.

I will continue to fight. I hope good Thai people will also see that what I am doing is right.

But I desperately need help to fight and survive the next few months so I can finally get these people into court themselves and pay for the damage they have done.

I, (we) have come so far, fought so many battles and one, it would be tragic to lose at this state.

Please click on the 'Support Andrew' button if you can help. Or you can message me here and I can give further details. Thank you.

He can count me in . Also when i get to Bangkok I want to have a meeting with  him and  talk about a few of these clowns that we both know.

As for the law suits. Most of the BM's may not realize but  it is very easy to charge a person with slander in  Thailand because the Thais view it as a serious charge. So what has happen to Drummond is the cunts all have Thai lawyers with the morals of a cockroach and they make phony accusations and Drummond has to appear in court a defend himself. That is their plan of action. Squeeze a guy financially to shut him up.. Perhaps down the road we can organize a party to support Andrew, After all the man is doing all ex-pats tremendous service in Thailand.  .

riki

Yes I read his site feel frustrated at the way the Thai legal system works.

All the best for him.

expatdude

He can count me in . Also when i get to Bangkok I want to have a meeting with  him and  talk about a few of these clowns that we both know.

As for the law suits. Most of the BM's may not realize but  it is very easy to charge a person with slander in  Thailand because the Thais view it as a serious charge. So what has happen to Drummond is the cunts all have Thai lawyers with the morals of a cockroach and they make phony accusations and Drummond has to appear in court a defend himself. That is their plan of action. Squeeze a guy financially to shut him up.. Perhaps down the road we can organize a party to support Andrew, After all the man is doing all ex-pats tremendous service in Thailand.  .

I would support a party like that.

layow

bringing that many children up when you're in that sort of occupation

is hardly a great idea

he needs a job that pays every month, not handouts for a few weeks

losworld

top notch journalist... don't make this a case of nice guys finishing last...

marti32

Cant imagine how stressful this could be, hope this works out peacefully.

kansuwan

What is the Foreign Correspondents Club doing to help one of their own?

fredjas

bringing that many children up when you're in that sort of occupation

is hardly a great idea

he needs a job that pays every month, not handouts for a few weeks

The guy has a big family and because of that fact he chooses to stay in Thailand. If he were back in the UK i am sure he could get a real nice job because he is a top notch investigative reporter. He serves all of us by staying in Thailand.  If not for guys like Drummond , the con men would prosper even more than they do know.  Drummond does not ask for handouts it is his supporters that do the asking and i take it by your post that this offends you somewhat. Maybe there will a time down the road when you are need and will be thankful there are a few Farangs with white hats that choose to expose these cunts for the predators there are.

What really gets on my nerves more than anything else in Thailand is there are some Farang that continue to think that having a great deal of money protects them like it does back in their home country. If i learned anything at all in my time in Thailand is the fact that as a Farang money only goes so far. You can have bulls eye on your back and never see it coming until it is too late. Andrew Drummond is long time ex-pat that knows the real score over here better than most. Guys like him have your back.

Lok Jit

An Honest man that exposes the corrupt Farangs that are living here by scamming others...Wish there were many more like him...

Daryle
Perhaps down the road we can organize a party to support Andrew, After all the man is doing all ex-pats tremendous service in Thailand. .

Agree, count me in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

awinkl

Agree, count me in!

S

I will also lend my support - he really deserves support from all around...

FROST MEDIC999

I do not know what to think if he is straight up or bent just like everyone else.

He just freelances and has no Press backing as I understand it and get Donations a big one was 500, 000 Baht with other smaller amounts coming in from various sources Hmmm

Gona look on the Web more but like the missing Plane I am not sure what is Fact and what is Fiction.

Ghosty

LaaMok

Well. He gets no support from me. I posted a condo for sale for a musician here and apparently there were issues a long time ago. So from what I remember he said I was a crook too. No truth in that at all. Didnt contact me to ask why or whos condo it was.

Pattaya_Brian

I do not know what to think...

...I am not sure what is Fact and what is Fiction.

Ghosty

Drummond is straight up. 

There is very little point in Googling him because the slimeballs he goes after and exposes as criminals simply put up 10x more websites and blogs on sites like blogspot.com than he can keep up with.

Money is also an issue for him. The slimeballs here in Pattaya that he exposes rip-off other foreigners for big money when they hit them. They don't go for 10 or 20,000 baht. They go for millions of baht at a time.

They have wiped out the life savings of many, many, retirees. 

This guy allegedly tried to extort a clinic in Jomtien. At least according to the Royal Thai police. He has also, allegedly stole millions of baht from other foreigners.

Drummond tracks and reports this shit to help us all. Whether we live or visit Pattaya.

Foreign criminals and conmen put down Drummond. Honest expats don't. They support Drummond.

Wolf Cat

monkey01

He has a 20 year track record of writing for fleet street papers.

That right there is good enough reason not to give him the time of the day let alone money.

Daryle
He has a 20 year track record of writing for fleet street papers.

That right there is good enough reason not to give him the time of the day let alone money.

A very harsh view... Do you have the same views on freedom of speech?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kansuwan

Well. He gets no support from me. I posted a condo for sale for a musician here and apparently there were issues a long time ago. So from what I remember he said I was a crook too. No truth in that at all. Didnt contact me to ask why or whos condo it was.

Links please.