Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden - 1 month on.

PattayaPete

We have been open 1 month now so its time to review progress.

The thing about starting any new business is that you have to build it first and spend all the money to get it right and then hope it works. You can ask people, do surveys and conduct focus groups but in the end there are no guarantees that it will work That is why most new businesses fail.

Paattaya is harder than most places to get a new business going and many, many people have blown a lot of cash trying. The bar business is the most notorious and can suck up cash faster than a Soi 6 stunner. I’ve been involved with successful and less successful businesses before and the first month is the most critical. You can generally tell after one month if it is going to work or not.

So what is the verdict on the Pattaya Beer Garden.

I’m predicting it will be a great success and will become an important part of the Pattaya scene for a significant number of people. Operationally we broke even in the first month which is a pretty amazing feat. It’s never happened with any other business I’ve been involved in. More importantly though, it’s clear that we already have some very staunch supporters.

The numbers are still small but a significant portion of both freelancers and customers are extremely enthusiastic about the new venue. It’s not just talk either as both groups have been showing their support in the most important way, by using the bar regularly. So a big thank you to everyone who has visited. For those who have not made it yet, I hope to see you soon.

I write these posts every Sunday. Last week I wrote about the changes that various people have suggested, including making it more like a disco, turning up the music and changing the style to suit the girls more. When I got to the bar on Sunday evening, Ann rushed up to me and asked what on earth I had written. She explained that she had been called over by a number of customers who begged her to not listen to these suggestions. They were so passionate about it that she was worried I’d written something bad. Don’t worry the basic format is not going to change. We will be fine tuning and tweaking it over the next few months but no major changes are envisaged.

Although I have a very good feeling about the place I am not complacent about it. We still have lots of problems to sort out and even with the great start nothing is guaranteed. There is still plenty of room for us to stuff it up and even the most successful bars can see their fortunes fall if the owners and staff loose the plot. We are far from perfect and have a lot of work to do to raise the standard to an acceptable level.

Freelancers are still light on the ground, particularly in the afternoon and early evening. While I think time will take care of that, we are actively working every day to promote the bar to the girls. We are looking at extending the Thai food part of the menu. Presently we are selling three Thai meals for every one farang meal but the girls have been complaining the choice is too limited. We will be adding further Thai items this week.

It may sound strange for a bar but last week we added a lot of ice cream treats to the menu. We can now do a full range of Sundaes, Parfaits, Floats and Milk Shakes. The afternoon crowd particularly seems to appreciate the cool treats and while not being good for the waist line it is very pleasant sitting on the balcony in the heat and devouring an ice cream creation. In keeping with the spirit of the bar, the ice cream specials are cheaper than you will find in the ice cream bars on Walking Street.

As May comes to an end, so do our opening promotions. Many people have availed themselves of the very cheap happy hours, freelancer and barfine promotions. For June I want to concentrate on the most important thing which is getting more freelancers into the bar. To this end, the Freelancer discount will continue through June. Bring your own freelancer and ask for the “Freelancer Discount” and you will receive a 100 baht discount off your bill. Please ask your waitress clearly for the “Freelancer Discount” In addition to the discount we will give the girl a voucher for a free drink for her and three of her girl friends on her next visit.

Free Som Tum continues to be available for the girls all day. They make it themselves but all the ingredients are laid out for them. Quite a few guys have been trying this as well. You are welcome to try your own culinary skills also if you can handle this favorite Thai dish. Maybe get your girl friend to show you how.

318178-56.jpg

Girls cooking up a treat.

318178-57.jpg

Even farangs can get involved.

Happy hours will also continue through June with all bottled beer at 50 baht, except corona. Happy hour times are 3 pm – 5 pm and again 9 pm – 11 pm, every day. Our permanent low prices on Spirits continue, all day, every day with most drinks costing 65 baht.

Thanks again for the enthusiastic support we are getting. I promise we will be working very hard to try and exceed your expectations.

Pete

318178-58.jpg

318178-59.jpg

318178-60.jpg

318178-61.jpg

318178-62.jpg

318178-63.jpg

318178-64.jpg

318178-65.jpg

318178-66.jpg

Edited by PattayaPete

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PattayaPete

• Harry Brown

• Loso4ever

• Rabattmarkenfaelscher

Thanks for the update Pete. The girls that are in your pics are hot! Glad things are going well for you. See you in a couple of weeks.

Great to hear of your success. Thanks for taking the plunge and giving Patts a great new place with a million dollar view. See you in August!

bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Have visited Your location along with some friends and sat out on the pierside by the railing in the back. Besides swarms of bloodsucking mosquitos there (and no Ya Gun Joong on request! ), the only thing we had to complain about was the total lack of girls (freelancers as I expected to meet here) and the positioning of your fairly bright lights at eye-level on the railing itself (just a few feet away from the eyeball). It kinda hurts the eye after sunset, because they do not illuminate the tables well but bother with that almost totally dark background. Would suggest to put them on poles and use a reflecting top, so they're out of eyelevel and cast their light on the tebles better. Drinks were alright, musical choices played were acceptable.

Wish You good luck for Your facility!

Rabatti

C6DSvY9gYBbv57F.jpg

addendum: Day of visit was early May, time approx. 21:00 - 22:30 hours

C6DSvY9gYBbv57F.jpg

looking to hang out there soon Pete.... See ya in August....

Eat. Down. South.

Thanks for the progress report, I had a great time in your bar and so did everyone else that I chatted too, Wish I could be there more often but alas I am back in England now. All the best and see you in a few months!

Pete,

Took a quick look at your postings and your website and I have to wish you the best of luck man. I think you are spot on with the direction you are going and with any new business there will be some growing pains. I think the girl/guy ratio will work itself out over a little bit of time. It's just a little different then what both sides are used to. I've finially finished my plans and will be there Wed night and I will be sure to swing by. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time just relaxing the afternoon away there after my afternoon bath.

BigChris

Thanks for the update Pete, see you there soon :D

And i want my San Miguel Light very cold .

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Wow, nice place with nice location and view, I will absolutly give you a visit after the summer.

Any tv/sports?

Good work POete...looking forward to seeing it for myself in about 3 weeks...keep the beer cold.

I managed to visit a couple of times while I was there and brought a date with me one night - she was impressed!

I think the lights around the edge are a bit bright at night, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and the choice of music.

I'll be back in August - hope to see you then!

Looks like a cool place, and one I'm certain to visit next time I'm in Pattaya!

Good luck, Pete!

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Yes, the lights are definitely a problem. I'm working on a solution at the moment. Also, mosquito coils are available and should be offered by the staff. I had a word with them about that tonight (they sometimes forget these things).

There was a nice article in the Nation newspaper yesterday, which you can view by clicking here.

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Great place to hang Pete mate...See you in July :P:unsure:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

That's awesome! You should give a detailed report on your initial travels to Thailand, and what ensued after to make you successfully initiate this. If you already did, I apologize.

looks like a place i shall have to visit on my next trip

Looks like the type of place that I always thought Pattaya needed. Reports great and pics look promising. Shall sample it my self in a few weeks.

Pete, Thanks for the update see you in 5 weeks.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I stopped by the PBG, and it looks good. I would like to take a date there. The facility does have a restaurant, right?