IGNORED

Anyone know its name??

Carraig

Hi all

When I was staying at the Areca last September, construction of a new hotel across the road and down towards 2nd Rd a bit was well underway. Does anyone know its name and wether or not it has officially opened yet??

Hi all

When I was staying at the Areca last September, construction of a new hotel across the road and down towards 2nd Rd a bit was well underway. Does anyone know its name and wether or not it has officially opened yet??

Carraig if its the construction I am thinking off , it was still a long way from completion in early january.

The bar on one side of the construction is finished and open for business. The rest still has a while to go.

Testicles

The bar was open in January - from what i've heard is another LK development those who own the Metropole etc

Hi all

The bar and restaurant is called Keenos and looks quite a well appointed place but the highest number of customers I witnessed in there was 4 with the exception of what I assume was a 'soft opening' night.

Lots of people there one night and then it was returned to a building site the nexty day before opening again a couple of weeks later. I cannot see why they have bothered with the outside tables though as who wants to sit and drink / eat right next door to a dusty, noisy, major building site?

Thanks for the replies lads, Im having a debate with the Areca over my April booking, and I like this area of Patts, I know the LK Metro is close by, but just checking if there were any new alternatives.

• 3 weeks later...

That hotel is part of Dianna Inn,it was ment to be opn this time last year,they were advertised as appartments.

I was there in Febuary,and theyre still working on it.

It will be bloody noisey if you have a room at the front opposite that group of bars.

Ned

Thanks for the replies lads, Im having a debate with the Areca over my April booking, and I like this area of Patts, I know the LK Metro is close by, but just checking if there were any new alternatives.

why not try the rockhouse , which i assure you has the best appointed rooms in the area.

cant compete with some hotel facilities i ll grant you but none of the local hotels compete with me on quality of room , size of room and value of room.

You could try the Balitaya Resort. Actually on Soi 15 but only about 10 minutes walk from the Areca (you can see it from the rear rooms at the Areca). Only opened late last year so should have availability. When I enquired they were prepared to discount the rooms down to 1000 for 7+ nights (from 2000 on the website) but that was just after they opened.

http://www.balitayaresort.com/index.html

You could try the Balitaya Resort. Actually on soi 15 but only about 10 minutes walk from the Areca (you can see it from the rear rooms at the Areca). Only opened late last year so should have availability. When I enquired they were prepared to discount the rooms down to 1000 for 7+ nights (from 2000 on the website) but that was just after they opened.

http://www.balitayaresort.com/index.html

Is the hotel GF?

Sorry, I was with my girlfriend so I didn't ask but I would be very surprised if it wasn't. I should add a warning that there is shed loads of construction in that area and other than the Mercure hotel there is nothing at all on that soi.