IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden - Week 3 is done.

PattayaPete

And what a week it was. I lost my cool for the first time and yelled at some staff members. I hate that but Thai’s and Computers can be a trying mix.

It all started last weekend when we had a really busy Friday and Saturday. Both afternoons and nights were very busy and the staff did not handle the pressure well. We just did not have enough bodies to deal with the numbers of customers and our manual check bin system started to fall apart. Staff were so busy getting the food and drinks out that they were forgetting to write the check bins.

Several honest people called me over to say they had 6 drinks but only two drinks appeared on the bill or they ordered food and drink but no bill was written out for the food. Our prices are cheap but giving the stuff away for free is definitely not in the business plan. Many thanks to the people who pointed this out to me.

It was always my intention to install a computerized check bin system but originally I thought we would wait a few months and get the manual systems all working properly first. With money walking out the door waiting was no longer an option so I called in the computer gurus on Monday and by Wednesday three shiny new computers were installed and working. The night cashier (who had no computer experience) took to the system instantly and within 10 minutes was producing new bins like a pro. She made a few mistakes the first night but thereafter her performance has been perfect.

The day cashier on the other hand was a complete nightmare. On her first day with the system it took three hours for her to get the idea and she made way to many mistakes. On the second day she tried it alone and really screwed things up badly. By day three she was suffering constant brain freeze and kept pushing the wrong buttons. It was a nightmare. Day four she started to understand and today is day five and I’m mildly confident she has got it at last.

I yelled at her more than once and felt stressed to the max as she produced bill after bill of nonsense. A big thanks to the many customers who got screwed up bins and waited patiently while the mess was sorted out. Very frustrating for all involved but its amazing how understanding most people are when they know the reason for the cock ups.

We also obviously needed more staff and luckily we have had some great new people start this week. I think the word is getting out that we pay quite well and we had some good, experienced people apply for work. We are only taking on those with good (by Thai standards) English and reasonable experience. Six new people bring the staff numbers up to 41. I suspect we will end up with close to 50 which seems an amazingly large number to me but it’s what we need to deliver the level of service I hope to achieve.

Now that things have settled down with the computers I expect the quality of service to improve greatly. Please ask for the Manager or me if we do not meet your expectations. We can only fix things if we know that they are wrong.

There is something about the Pattaya Beer Garden which seems to excite a lot of interest in the place and the concept. Lot’s of people have told me they just love it but many have added their ideas for improving things. Some of the ideas are great and are on the list of things we will add over the next few weeks. The funny thing is that quite a few people want me to change it to be more like other bars or discos.

Suggestions like put in a live band, add a dancing area, turn up the music volume, play music the girls like and so on come thick and fast. It seems to me that doing these things would just make the place the same as 50 other bars that do that already. We will not be following up on these suggestions.

It is easy to tell already that the concept works and the bar is going to be viable with its present format. So a chill out place with good rock music played at low enough volume to allow easy conversation and selling very reasonably priced food and drink, where you can meet freelancers if you want or sit alone or with your friends without being bothered, is what we will remain. I understand that not everybody wants this. Those looking for a party are best to head elsewhere. We are not and never will be a party bar.

One internet poster stated that we had it all wrong and that the formula for success was to cater for the girl’s tastes in music, environment and food and the guys would then surely follow. That is in fact what most bars do which is why you see 50 year old guys shouting above thumping techno music in an environment they would not usually go near. They put up with it because they are chasing the girls. Nothing wrong with that but we will not be copying that concept.

Our mission is to provide a comfortable environment which caters to the tastes of western males older than the techno / hip hop generation. If the girls can put up with that then fine, if they can not then they can head off to the hundreds of other bars that cater more to those tastes . . . no problem.

Our freelancer numbers are increasing daily so I guess there are still some girls who understand that the paying customer need to be catered to and a place where men like to hang out can be a good hunting ground for them as well. Some girls actually like rock music and being able to have a reasonable conversation with their potential conquests.

I never thought we would be a late night establishment but I’d really like to stress that we often have more girls than guys in the bar after 10 pm. Some of the disco girls are making a nightly stop in the PBG before hitting the disco. To date the number of potential guys at that time has been disappointing. Last Thursday night at 11 pm I counted 25 girls and 6 guys. Just two hours earlier we had 65 guys and 10 girls. It would be nice if we could get things a bit more balanced. I’m sure it will all work out once people see how things are working.

There have been a few internet jibes about skanky girls potentially flocking to the PBG and scaring off the stunners. Some times these guys make me laugh. I’d like to set there minds at rest. Yes we get some girls who are not what you might call beauty Queens but they do not scare off the better looking girls. On the contrary, the stunners feel real good about how they look in comparison. Anybody who has spent any time in Pattaya, quickly realizes that one mans skank is another mans idea of the perfect woman. There is room for the beautiful and not so beautiful in Pattaya and the Pattaya Beer Garden too.

The less attractive girls also add to the fun of people watching in the PBG. It has always fascinated me how people connect. Beautiful girls with skanky old men (like me) is not an uncommon sight in Pattaya but more interestingly when any man, old or ugly, rich or poor can easily hook up with a stunner, many choose a girl of plain looks. Everyone has their own idea about what is right for them and I certainly will not be imposing my ideas about what sort of girl a guy should go with, on anyone. It is all up to you. That is what makes Pattaya great.

As I said last week I have noticed that the really old and ugly girls have passed through the PBG but do not return. In the main the girls who come in are in the middle range of looks peppered by a few stunners and a few canines. The perfect mix for a freelancer hang out. I enjoy the diversity. Some of the late night girls have been really stunning and it saddens my heart to see them head off into the night alone, so come on stunner hunters, get with the program.

No new photos this week. Sorting out the computer stuff meant the camera stayed firmly locked away all week. I’ll try and do better next week.

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

i seen some stunners in there the other week! good work, its good to see work in progress, I will be back for her at some point.

Sounds like its coming along good Pete :)

see you in a few weeks :Bravo1:

Sounds like its coming along good Pete :D

see you in a few weeks :Moon2:

Can't wait to see the bar I have read so much about mate.

Like Dudebrah I'll see you in a few weeks mate

Hi Pete, was in PBG approx 2 weeks ago with 3 Aussie guys asking you to get the "Wild Turkey" in....dunno if you remember??? Anyway I liked the concept of your place, very clean,good music,cheap booze and food,views were fantastic and free somtum too for the girls!! lol I will be back again for sure.Keep the good work up mate!! Cheers

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

year in the german Thai Boards everybody is talking how nice the beergarden is and what a fantastic idea to open such a place in pattaya ...

I have to wait till August .......but then i will hit the place very often :-)

Greetings

Man...places sexual intercourse far & away above all other joys...he will risk life, reputation, everything...to make good that opportunity and ride it to the overwhelming climax." - Mark Twain

If it aint broke dont fix it~~~The atmosphere is fantastic..Head banging music well theres plenty of places for that..Being able to sit have drinks and food in a non stressing setting is ideal..Just being able to talk in a Normal voice is very hard to find bars with this appeal..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

PP, Thanks for the update seems like things are coming along nicely and see you guys in 40 days.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Love this place :GiveBeer1: ..Will be back again July Pete mate. Great place to meet with mates

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Its great pete like my last post will be back many times love it keep up the good work

cheers chris :GiveBeer1::GiveBeer1:

Wriggley Tin 1

Hi Pete, I patronized your place for a couple of weeks while I was off. I liked it because you could actually have a conversation with friends with out the hassling. I love how you are not bothered by the watch guy and the rest of them. Pls keep them out of there. Great place to chill out and get away from hustle and bustle of hustlers. Cheers

I look forward to dropping by in July.

Just a note on introducing the computerised system. I have introduced a system to my company recently. It takes alot of time and effort to get everyone tuned in and competent with such an advanced piece of technology, even in the western world. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to implement this in Thailand. Fair play to you and the best of luck in the future.

Stopped by last night, great place, loved the nice sea breezes. It looked quiet, but its a big place and if you put all the people in a ordinary it would be packed

Arriving 5 june-if its as good as beergarden in bkk it will be a surefire winner! my first stop off.

I was in your bar many times the past two weeks (I was the Asian guy with SinkorSwim, Bryan, etc.) and it was one of the nicest establishments I had frequented. Also, your staff is wonderfully courteous. I'd love to see such customer service here in the States.

Thanks for the update. A truly great place and great addition to pattaya. Will see you in August many times!

bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

will be there in August, so order extra food... I eat a lot!!!

Eat. Down. South.