Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden

PattayaPete

Location, location, location. The old adage for a successful business seems to once again hold true. We have had a fantastic week at the PBG which has left me tired, surprised but definitely a happy chappy. We are two weeks old today but are already reaching customer levels I did not expect to see for at least three months.

I’ve been gathering lots of customer feedback which has in the main been extremely positive. Nearly everyone mentions the location. It is pleasant sitting at the bar or on the balcony with the ocean on 3 sides and usually a pleasant breeze blowing through. The food has also received a lot of positive feedback and we are already seeing quite a few bar owners and general customers using the place as there regular dinner spot before going on to a night of working or cruising the bars.

The breakfast trade is still a little slow and may never pick up. Ten in the morning might be just too early. We will carry on opening at 10 am for at least two months though to give it a decent try. The lunch crowd is solid but really does not get going till about 1 pm.

Pricing is of course a key issue, and we have received more than a few complaints that we are too cheap. I am happy with our prices though and if we continue to see the volume of customers we have now then I see no reason to raise the prices at all. At 50 to 65 baht for bottled beer and 65 baht for top shelf, name brand spirits we are making a small but acceptable profit.

The food prices have been well received too although a couple of people have said they are too expensive. Most have been happy and many have returned for a second, third or fourth meal as well. We are not at the very cheap end of the food market but certainly no where near the top end either. The idea has been to serve generous portions of good food, well prepared and presented at reasonable prices. I think we are close to achieving that. We have five cooks on staff covering two shifts so one thing we are working on is getting consistency between chefs. We are not there yet but will continue to work on that.

Freelancer numbers are increasing daily although remain inconsistent. Sometimes we have plenty sitting around and sometimes none. I have been impressed with the overall quality though and we do seem to be on the right path in this important area. Generally speaking we have the most girls in from about 3 pm to 6 pm and then again from 9 pm to midnight. I am pleasantly surprised to see that we seem to be attracting ever increasing numbers of the late night disco girls. They start arriving around 10 pm and move on about 12:30 am. They seem to be using the beer garden as a starting point and a cheaper place to get a few drinks in before the discos start hotting up. More than a few never make it to the disco though as they find their true love for the night at the PBG.

We have had a lot of girls through the place to check out what we have got. Some beautiful and some frightening. Interestingly the frightening ones do not come back. It seems they are happier on the beach or wherever else they ply there trade. The better looking (and better dressed) girls are the ones that find the beer garden environment more to their liking and we already have quite a few regulars who tell me they really like the place.

Hook ups were slow the first week as nobody seemed to know what to do to make it happen. I’ve been telling the girls they have a better chance of scoring if they sit at the bar rather than on the balconies and to watch for subtle signals from the guys, like smiles or waves. Some are still to scared to approach the smilers or wavers and need to be approached with that ever faithful and 99% successful pick up line . . . “hello”.

We will never let the girls be aggressive in the PBG as many of our customers only come in to enjoy the ambience, cheap beer and good food. Those looking to hook up with a girl need to be a bit more outgoing than they would be in a go go or beer bar but rest assured the girls are available if you call them over or go and speak with them. The second week has been better in this regard as the girls and guys start to understand how it all works.

Our service staff have been great but service is a little slow at times. We have been much busier than anticipated and we just do not have enough staff yet. We have 35 now but across two shifts that is still a little thin at busy times. We are actively looking for more but are being quite selective and trying to only employ those with good English and a clear understanding of good service.

We have been doing a lot of training. I spent an hour just teaching the breakfast menu last week. How you would like your eggs cooked is a biggy, with so many possible answers it makes the poor servers heads spin. We pretty much have it covered now. Hash browns or baked beans also caused some difficulties. Thais really find it hard to say baked beans and it was coming out more like hash bown or bashed ben. Hard to understand that one but we are practising every day and getting better.

Our 40 baht promotion is now finished but for the rest of May we will be doing all bottled beers for 50 baht (except Corona) during happy hours. The freelancer and barfine discount continue till the end of May. Details are here Pattaya Beer Garden opening promotions

If you take up these promotions please state clearly when ordering “Freelancer Discount” or “Bar Fine discount”. I watched a guy the other day ask for the free barfine promotion and the waitress said, “no we don’t have bar fines”. They know and understand “Freelancer Discount” or “Barfine Discount” but if you use different words you are likely to get a blank look in return.

I have been really slack in the picture taking department this week. I am really going to try and take far more next week as we have had a lot of cuties in and I know lots of guys really appreciate the photos. I’ll be posting them in the gallery at The Pattaya Beer Garden Website each day if you want to check them out.

Finally a big thanks to everyone who have visited the PBG over the past two weeks. It’s been an amazing response and I’m pretty much blown away. If you have not been yet then I hope to see you there in the coming weeks or whenever your next trip is on.

I’ll leave you with the few pics I managed to grab this week.

Pete

306375-226.jpg

306375-227.jpg

306375-228.jpg

306375-229.jpg

306375-230.jpg

306375-231.jpg

306375-232.jpg

306375-233.jpg

306375-234.jpg

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Me and Prince spent a lot of time here on our trip. As we would generally hit a few beer bars before WS, its such a perfect place to visit in between. I never ate any food there so cannot comment on that but there was a steady flow of FL's which seemed to increase daily. I will be very interested to see how things are in a few months when I return.

The girls we took in also liked the place and were asking lots of questions. It can only be a matter of time before the word gets round and more FL's start to come. Don't go in there at the moment and expect it to be like the Berr Garden in BKK yet, which some people I spoke to expected.

Its also a great meeting spot for boardies as again the location is perfect. We would often stop for a gawk around Siren complex on our way in which has loads of girls screaming!!!

Another thing I liked was the fact that Pete would come over and chat to us and listen to what we had to say even though he has been around Pattaya a lot longer than me.

I can't wish the place enough success.

Looks great, I'll check it out on my next trip. I hope you have some decent beer i.e. draught Guinness, Killkenny or bitter?

Edited by Steve Zodiac

Looks great, I'll check it out on my next trip. I hope you have some decent beer i.e. draught Guinness, Killkenny or bitter?

You will struggle to get draught Guiness or Kilkenny in any open air beer bar mate!

Fuck me you struggle to get Kilkenny in any bar in London these days.

Thanks for the update Pete.... i'm salivating already! See you in a few weeks.

IHM

i am arriving on Wed night, will be poping in either then or thursday

Is there a barfine if I pickup a freelancer? My impression is no, but can't be sure. Looks great. I will soon be in Patts and stop by.

Well Done mate...Mrs B and I will be in to check out the place in a few weeks.....Do you have any wine?????

In general, how good is this place for lone mongers? Is it more of a joint for groups/pairs? Not that I am anti-social, but sometimes I like a hunting trip alone, and some places are a little too geared towards partying groups.

no barfine thats the point of the place.

been in a few times during the opening period. it's a huge bar, great views and the food I had was fine. not a lot of freelancers in there when I was in

In general, how good is this place for lone mongers? Is it more of a joint for groups/pairs? Not that I am anti-social, but sometimes I like a hunting trip alone, and some places are a little too geared towards partying groups.

I don't know your usual Mongering habits, but it's well worth a visit if you are on your way to Walking St. Of course it's pot luck if the woman of your dreams will be there.

I went in on the evening of the Addicts Blowout Party - was very impressed.

At the time of my visit (about 8pm) it wasn't overly busy but was busier than 90% of bars at the moment. I would guess about 40-50 people there whcih would make it heaving here if it weren't so vast.

Overall impression was that a lot of thought and effort has gone into this venture especially regards location and decor.

As per Mighty Mike I was very impressed that Pete came over. Like many people on boards I have know Pete for years but never met him. He was more than personable, answered my questions and nodded sagely to my (minor) criticism.

He says its doing well, and I'm pleased but I am sure it will get even better.

My own opinion, which I voiced but don't think he agreed with, is that it is perfectly established to dominate the daytime trade - pretty much the same as the Beer garden in Bangkok has done for years. Night times might be lean die to the fluid nature of Pattaya barflys, if I am wrong I will be more than pleased.

Well done Pete, heres to even better things - don't forget the Addicts discount :P

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

The BKK Beer Graden is SO succesful for various reasons

1. High numnber of girls (quality varies). I would guess 150+ in the place at any one time.

2. Its a SOCIAL centre. You can walk in there for a girl, a chat, a laugh with your mates, a conversation with a total stranger.

If you walk in alone you are welcomed and within a few minutes will be chatting to the total stranger sitting next to you - i.e. male punter same same you!

Effectively the whole feel of the BKK version is that you are "never alone". I would imagine Pete has a similar goal.

So... the answer is its more than suitable for BOTH..........lone customers and groups alike. It will also be a great meeting place for lone visitors who dont actually want to be alone but would like to make new friends, drinking buddies to hook up with.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Pricing is of course a key issue, and we have received more than a few complaints that we are too cheap.

Now this I just do not understand. Who would want to pay more for their drinks? :Drink4:

PP: Great and honest update; Thanks for keeping us current. Looking forward to patronizing the establishment this fall, probably end up a regular as I will be there for 3 months. Great looking spot.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Now this I just do not understand. Who would want to pay more for their drinks? :WTF1:

It's true but mainly friends of mine who think we will not make enough money at the prices we are charging. One guy said he liked the bar so much he wanted to support it by dropping a thousand baht or more but he couldn't drink that much (20 beers).

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Looks like a good start for you all, and i look forward to paying you a visit in August.

For some beers,food and to enjoy the views :WTF1:

Cheers

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane, All your cares would drop away

And you'd be born again,Returning to a nature child,

Happy wild and free.

It's true but mainly friends of mine who think we will not make enough money at the prices we are charging. One guy said he liked the bar so much he wanted to support it by dropping a thousand baht or more but he couldn't drink that much (20 beers).

A simple call to me and Prince could have sorted that very quickly!!!

Looks and sounds great. Hope it continues to grow and more and more girls make the pbg the place to be. I'll be there in Sept to check it out until then your blog and here will have to do.

Jon.

no barfine thats the point of the place.

been in a few times during the opening period. it's a huge bar, great views and the food I had was fine. not a lot of freelancers in there when I was in

With no bf, this should become a very popular destination considering its location. You should get a lot of freelance traffic. I will definitely be there when I get to Patts next week.

Went in a few times with some freind meet a few bordies in there great place had some food no compaints there had a breafast the girl with the eggs great she was wonderfull over easy underovevr sunshine up great chat with her inbeetwen service it was not that busy but night time nice keep up the good work pete see you all again soon

cheers chris :):P

Wriggley Tin 1