Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

Sign in to follow this  
jockrock

One way ticket to Vietnam

jockrock

Does anyone know if I need to buy a return ticket if I go to Vietnam

I am planning to fly in to Hanoi and leave from Saigon but I don,t know

When I want to leave so I wanted to just arrive on a single ticket

I know Thailand and the Philippines are real funny about arriving on a one way ticket

Cheers

Doodie

I don't have a clue and I don't know why you would but I know how weird this country is. I think the last time I flew back in from BKK there was a lady that was having this issue. She looked to be Korean or Japanese descent and not sure where she was actually flying from but they made her buy a return ticket. This was about 3 years ago, I don't know if it was legit or they were giving her a hard time. Things change here on a monthly basis so there's no telling what the RULES are now...

Shaksey

I did this no problem 2 months ago.

Edge

Sorry you can't see my TR (in Advanced) but we did exactly that - flew into Hanoi - the other guy came back by bus and I flew back from HCMC on a flight I didn't pre-book.

jockrock

Thanks for the replys guys,,,,I am going to just try the single ticket idea....

It's the airline that worried me the most being anal about traveling on a one way ticket

Bek

Last time I went, I had to present a return ticket - I arrived at at HCMC airport.

I guess it's up to the guy at the immigration.

gusincebu

I get this going i to Phils all the time, which of course unlike Thailand / Vietnam etc is unable to be left by bus or train , so ongoing airline ticket for Philippines is critical. Its not immigration thats interested in your onging ticket, its the carrier airline when you check in .It is their responsility to ensure your ongoing ticket, and if allow you to fly and arrive without one, they can be made to fly you back to departure point ( so they tell me at the desk ). For Vietnam etc, I cant see why some sort of printed itinerary, showing onward travel by road/rail would not work, even if just an email from atravel agent... just my thoughts ..

BigHairyPig

I am planning to fly in to Hanoi and leave from Saigon

I'm flying into Hanoi in mid-April before heading to Thailand and the PI.  I will have an onward ticket on me, as I don't trust the reports.

BHP

jockrock

Update ..I arrived in Hanoi without anyone asking for a return ticket

One thing though... it is fecking freezing here about 10 in the day time and colder at night

Not good and anyone thinking off coming to Hanoi I would leave it until April

ocean13

depends on the duty official  at the airport   some don't care about a ticket out   some do   I am not sure about any official position though, I had to prove I had sufficient funds available for my stay on 2 occasions, remember it is still a communist country ,  they have some unusual RULES about being alone in a hotel room with a girl as well,  any age,   if its ever enforced a few of us will be in deep shit, hahahahah