Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden - 1 week old

PattayaPete

It’s been an eventful 7 days at the Pattaya Beer Garden as we break the place in. We have certainly had plenty of teething problems but over all I would have the rate the launch and first week an incredible success. Thanks of course to the many people that have come in to check out what we have to offer.

We have had plenty of problems but the staff seems to have it pretty much sorted now. The biggest issue I had was some complaints about the beer not being cold enough. A beer garden serving warm beer is just not a good look. The problem appears to be with our industrial strength beer fridges which I touted as being just the best thing. Well that’s what the manufacturer told me but they are not keeping the beer cold enough. This always seems to happen in Thailand.

The solution is to return to the tried and true. We have installed 6 large chilly bins which are filled with beer each day and then packed with ice. It’s low tech and it’s not very pretty but it does keep the beer frigid and that’s what counts.

The kitchen kicked off on Tuesday and so far has been getting rave reviews. Prices are very reasonable and most people are finding the food excellent. I’ve eaten breakfast and dinner there every day this week and I’ve been really happy and full. I’m still refining the menu with the head Chef but we are close to having it locked down. I would appreciate any comments on the food, the price and what’s available.

The biggest problem with the food side is getting the orders right. We have the makings of a good service team already but a brand new menu and limited understanding of farang food can cause some frustrations. The service guys and girls can learn the questions by rote, such as how would you like your steak cooked and which sauce would you like with that. The problem is that the answers can vary immensely and really test their language skills. We have been practicing every day though and The Big Breakfast challenge has been met. “Hash browns or baked beans. How would you like the eggs cooked. Tea or coffee”, and then one bill including food and drinks seemed like an impossibility at the beginning of the week but I’ve now seen it done correctly at least once .

There have been plenty of ladies visiting in search of true love or at least a new friend for the night. As always in a freelancer place some are beauties and some are not. It is still hit and miss with numbers at the moment. Sometimes there will be 20 or 30 girls in the bar and sometimes none. We are working hard to spread the word and our work does seem to be paying off. I don’t think this aspect of the operation will be great for a month or two but it is getting better every day.

This week we will continue with our team rounding up ladies of the beach, streets and discos each day to come and have a look. Between 3 – 5 each afternoon and then again between 9 and 11 they have been arriving in considerable numbers to check us out. Free Som Tum and a small financial incentive seems to be a big attraction. To make sure there are plenty of guys in the bar at these times we were offering 30 baht drinks. Sadly the 30 baht drinks have finished now, however for all this weeks all drinks will be just 40 baht at those two times 3 pm – 5 pm and again from 9 pm – 11 pm.

If you are not busy at those times we would love to see you in the bar to meet the new ladies and at 40 baht a drink including all top shelf liquor, it’s hard to beat the price.

I thought we may have a problem with overly aggressive ladies annoying the customers but that has not been happening. In fact my worry now is that everyone is a bit shy. A lot of guys so far do not understand the concept and think the girls are a bit stand-offish or not available. That is absolutely not the case BUT if you are interested in a lady, you have to make the first move. All it should take is a wave although some girls have been a bit slow to pick up on that. The foolproof approach which I have not seen fail yet is to walk over to the girl and say hello. After that Pattaya and nature take their course easily and hassle free. Remember there are no barfines or lady drinks at The Pattaya Beer Garden so after you say hello it really is completely up to you as to what happens next.

Some guys told me they were worried that a particular girl was not available so they did not approach her. I think most internet guys have this sussed but if you don’t, here is the answer. If they are sitting alone or with a group of girls in the Pattaya Beer Garden, they are available. No doubt about it. Just say Hi and all will flow from there.

The free wifi is in and working right now. On Tuesday we will be installing some additional power points near the inside seating for people who need juice for their laptops. The power points will be the multi-international style that plugs from all countries can fit into. Just be aware that its 220 volts. Not a problem for most lap tops these days but check your computer documentation if you are not sure what voltage your computer can take. It is usually written on the power brick as well.

If you have read this far you have done well. I know I can get a bit wordy, so I’ll leave you with a few photos from this week. I’ll be adding a few new ones every day to the Gallery on the Pattaya Beer garden website at www.pattayabeergarden.com.

Don’t forget the freelancer discount and bar fine discount continue to the end of the month.

Pete

300844-115.jpg

300844-116.jpg

300844-117.jpg

300844-118.jpg

300844-119.jpg

300844-120.jpg

300844-121.jpg

300844-122.jpg

300844-123.jpg

300844-124.jpg

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Great Update and loved the pictures.

Really looking forward to visiting the place on my next visit.

Wil

Great update Pete, looks like you are getting everything sorted out! I won't be there until June 23rd but will be by for a beer or 20 for sure.

Keep the updates coming and the photos are getting me ready for my trip...

crazy_gman

Thanks for the update Pete :D

See you and your bar soon.

Regards:Matrix

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

I checked your place out yesterday. I liked. Shame it was a election. I will be poppin into night at some point. I just got back home, and have things to get sorted around the house first. Cheers Pete.

Pete, it was a pleasure meeting you and i think the place has the potential to become huge. No major complaints or problems but one thing needs metioning. The little ramps into the toilets are slippery as feck. Get some mats before someone falls and cracks thier skulls open.

Testicles

Great update Pete, glad to hear that you are doing well. Loving the pictures mate.... see you soon!

If you re-print your drink menus, don't forget to add San Miguel light to it -- you sell it but it's not written on the menu!

Pete: Excellent update and as most of us said during your initial questioning looks like you have a winner on your hands. Keep up the good work, the updates, the ladies and will see you in the fall. Congratualtions

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

hello pete

nice to meet you on thursday imo youre place will take right off i told you so then when we met every buisness has teething problems when starting and it may be a little slow right now but once the word gets around youre be on a winner for sure great venue great location i even came back the next day on my own where i met many bms unexpectedly keep us updated as im back home now

cheers paul

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

If you re-print your drink menus, don't forget to add San Miguel light to it -- you sell it but it's not written on the menu!

Yep, that was my cock up. It's fixed now and I'll update the website soon.

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Pete,

It was a pleasure meeting you last week (I'm the American guy that thinks the floor is great the way it is ... no tile). The food really is good. I'm sure I'll make it a regular stop when I return. It must be the best view in Patts, daytime and night.

Nice work.

Mark