IGNORED

Majestic Suites

Easy Rawlins

Just tried to book 2 rooms at the Majestic Suites. Sent our flight and arrival time with dates. Received an answering email in about 24 hours. They are asking for a CC and my flight details, but did say they had rooms available. Think I need to try one of the hotel sites in this thread to book a room. Hate to give the CC# out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassGod

• Gryck

• Slacker

• Bkkguestfriendlyhotels

Just tried to book 2 rooms at the Majestic Suites. Sent our flight and arrival time with dates. Received an answering email in about 24 hours. They are asking for a CC and my flight details, but did say they had rooms available. Think I need to try one of the hotel sites in this thread to book a room. Hate to give the CC# out.

Try Dynasty Grande in Soi 6 - only marginly more expensive but big difference in rooms - also pool & gym - close to action but not in your face - photos on this thread somewhere

always use a taxi - easy to have one more beer - more fun in back seat

• 3 weeks later...

Sent booking request today. Are there any sites that provide a discount with respect to the rack rate advertised on their website?

• 1 month later...

I've stayed in Majestic Suites six or seven times for lots of days over the past two years and you can't go wrong staying here. The rooms and bathrooms are small but adequate and the location is great. If you go to sleep before Nana Plaza closes you might want to choose a room on the higher floors that face Sukumvit. They are very quite. In fact, I'm booked there again in May, 2008.

I've stayed there a bunch of times and had always booked a single superior in the past. Had to take a double this past Jan because it was all they had available but to tell you the truth, there wasn't really that much difference in the room size... certainly not 400b worth.

Great place though!

Does anyone know if there is a joiner charge if you book a single room?

• 3 weeks later...

The wife and I stayed in the majestic grande for 8 nights while in BKK. We had a great time......GF friendly ....no charge....and no one battered an eyelid...must be unusual to see a cpl taking a TG/BG (or three lol). V. clean, comfy,ample rooms. Great food, friendly and effecient service.2 mins to Nana and 20 mins on foot to soi cowboy. Downside (for the g/f nyway) was the shady pool but nice jacuzzi!! Staying there again on our next visit in August.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed there 4 or 5 times and agree the Majestic suites are the nuts!!!!!!!! Best value in BKK.

Right now Im booked to stay at the nana from Oct 18th - Checking out Oct 23rd. My friend said he didnt want to stay at the nana...

Felt too dirty and old to him so im looking at this hotel since its has great reviews, however....

I cant find any room pictures posted by members of the rooms they stayed in. Their website shows some good pics, but not of the whole room, or the bathroom setup.

Current prices via the MJ website are...

Single Studio 1350

Single Superior 1420

Double Superior 1670

Double Delux 2050

Anyone stay in both the Single Superior and the Double Delux? Whats different about the rooms that warrant the price diff?

Is the Single Sup, the best bang for the buck as far as rooms go?

Is the Double Delux worth the extra baht?

Iv searched the hotel threads on many boards and the PA board had more of a thread running on Majestic suites.

Thanks for the help =)

Lou

I stayed there and I agree with all of the positive comments. Just one criticism, if you get a room in the back of the hotel you will hear the music from Nana Plaza until closing time.

• 1 month later...

Huge rats! 2000 baht joiner fee! food poisoning! Stay away!!

Actually, I just want the place to myself!! :rolleyes:

MS is a Suk institution now. The first time I stayed there 5 years ago or so it seemed like it was almost all mongers, but recently I have seen a much broader range of guests- families, people in town for business, even some Japanese backpackers. Probably a reflection of price rises in BKK and people looking for a better value hotel.

But it still rocks, and no there aren't any joiner fees (that I am aware of) and yes you could bring in a herd of ladyboys and they wouldn't bat an eye.

Rooms are getting a little worse for wear but still OK. The rooms on the lower floors facing Nana Plaza do get a lot of bar noise until 2:00. Staff has mostly changed faces in the last couple years but still great. I still stay in touch with one of them, a real sweetie.

It's not a place to impress your BG/future wife, but perfectly located and fairly priced.

But stay the hell away. I found it first.

OCCUPY the PRESENT

Huge rats! 2000 baht joiner fee! food poisoning! Stay away!!

Actually, I just want the place to myself!! :rolleyes:

MS is a Suk institution now. The first time I stayed there 5 years ago or so it seemed like it was almost all mongers, but recently I have seen a much broader range of guests- families, people in town for business, even some Japanese backpackers. Probably a reflection of price rises in BKK and people looking for a better value hotel.

But it still rocks, and no there aren't any joiner fees (that I am aware of) and yes you could bring in a herd of ladyboys and they wouldn't bat an eye.

Rooms are getting a little worse for wear but still OK. The rooms on the lower floors facing Nana Plaza do get a lot of bar noise until 2:00. Staff has mostly changed faces in the last couple years but still great. I still stay in touch with one of them, a real sweetie.

It's not a place to impress your BG/future wife, but perfectly located and fairly priced.

But stay the hell away. I found it first.

I agree with everything you've said there, buddy. Best hotel for around the NANA area. :P

• 2 months later...

Most overated place in Thailand, on all the boards whenever a thread pops up about places to stay in BKK around Nana the thread always ends up in a majority view that Majestic Suites is the place to stay.

So with this in mind i decide to stay a few nights.

Dont get me wrong the place is not a dive and is in a great location and is clean.

But i don't see why there is such huge raps on the hotel

The rooms are tiny (if you suffer from claustrophobia dont book here)

Bed was only a double bed

Tiny TV

The walls are pretty thin as I could here next door making the most of his longtime and there would of been no doubt

he would of heard my girl screaming as well.

Had room service banging on my door at 10.30am , i was still in pattaya mode and was getting to bed at 6.00am

Great location but IMO Dynasty Inn is a better hotel for the same price

Stay at the majestic a good few time, and always enjoyed my stay.

Found that the only difference between a double and a single room is with a double instead of getting a one ticket for breakfast in the morning you get 2!

So if travelling alone, and you only want to take a girl ST, book a si :P ngle room, or just kick your short term GF out before giving her breakfast!

• 2 months later...

I love everything about this hotel - Close to Nana; 2 starbucks w/in 2 blocks, easy acess to the BTS. Great Location & very clean & girl friendly!! Book early as they always seem to fill up.

Stay at the majestic a good few time, and always enjoyed my stay.

Found that the only difference between a double and a single room is with a double instead of getting a one ticket for breakfast in the morning you get 2!

So if travelling alone, and you only want to take a girl ST, book a si :) ngle room, or just kick your short term GF out before giving her breakfast!

Double rooms are larger and have a King size 6ft bed.

Single rooms have a 5ft Queen size bed.

From November 1st onwards, Majestic Suites have free internet in all rooms.

Has anyone stayed at this Hotel? I'm looking to book a few nights there and looking for some first hand impressions.

Yes indeed.

Overall good place to stay. Good food, good service and the only complaint I have is there's one elevator. Might wait a bit in the lobby for your turn.

If I can make a suggestion try to reserve room 2001. The suite is usually booked months in advance by the Arabs but I've had the good forune to secure it a couple times.

When the girls see it they'll have their pants off before they remove their flip flops at the door.

• 3 weeks later...
Most overated place in Thailand, on all the boards whenever a thread pops up about places to stay in BKK around Nana the thread always ends up in a majority view that Majestic Suites is the place to stay.

So with this in mind i decide to stay a few nights.

Dont get me wrong the place is not a dive and is in a great location and is clean.

But i don't see why there is such huge raps on the hotel

The rooms are tiny (if you suffer from claustrophobia dont book here)

Bed was only a double bed

Tiny TV

The walls are pretty thin as I could here next door making the most of his longtime and there would of been no doubt

he would of heard my girl screaming as well.

Had room service banging on my door at 10.30am , i was still in pattaya mode and was getting to bed at 6.00am

Great location but IMO Dynasty Inn is a better Hotel for the same price

Try Majestic Grande or Dynasty Grande ,Quiet secure and more luxury.but more expensive.

• 1 month later...

Been to bangkok a few times and used to stay at Grand President. However, due to cost constraint this time, am planning to stay in MS. Just want to be sure. I will be bring back girl. So, do i need to book a double room, or i can bring back girl with no joiner fee even if i stay in a single room.

Thanks,

Been to bangkok a few times and used to stay at Grand President. However, due to cost constraint this time, am planning to stay in MS. Just want to be sure. I will be bring back girl. So, do i need to book a double room, or i can bring back girl with no joiner fee even if i stay in a single room.

Thanks,

No joiner fee with a single room. Have fun!

Great hotel..... Its very classy and professional....Its an upscale hotel where you can take at least 2 girls back to your room.....They never tried to add a service charge for the second girl like the dynasty inn and dynasty grande does... You can take a diffrent girls back every night and the staff still looks at you and treats you with the utmost respect......they dont have a pool, but will give you a free pass to walk about 5 min to their sister hotel....

i see this post is 6 months old.

don't matter none,

it's the best joint this side of the nana hotel.

if you are truly hardcore it comes down to shaving seconds off short times.

the only other options are the ST joints within nana plaza.

I agree with what alot of the guys have said about this place.ie good location, good rooms etc but in my opinion it's only good for a short stay as the rooms are just too small for me.

But i tend to spend my whole stay in bkk so i usually get an apartment.

Stayed there at start of my first Thailand adventure in 2004. Great for the price and perfect start for that first experience in LOS. Literally right in the epicenter of the Suhkumvit action. (well, one of the epicenters) :Dunno1:

A few years back I stayed at Majestic on my return to the airport as I had a 6am flight out Don Muang Airport...

The room was small but the bed was Very comfortable...

I had no clue where I was when I got to the hotel as I had the taxi drop me off there from Pattaya...

walking around a bit I stumbled upon the Eden Club... wow what luck :)

Sheck

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !