IGNORED

Bell buses

Please see my email campaign thread also, under transportation in hopes to convince Bell Travel Service-Bell Bus to add later night schedule to their great service..only 200 baht verses 1200 or more...I guess 1000 baht for Mr. T anyway, we could save alot if they ran more buses later in the evening/night. Thanks.. :P

• 4 weeks later...

still gotta plan my flight to match the bus schedule and put some time in between for the customs bs

or i can find farangs and share a cab but i dont wanna get my hopes up

Bell Bus Service: I was wondering if any of you have taken the Sunday 19:00 coach from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport (S.A.)? Approximately what time, on average, does it arrive at S.A?

I ask because I took the Sunday 17:00 coach and arrived at S.A. at 18:20, not bad at all; in the past I've taken the 13:00 and 15:00 coach so I could visit Nana and Cowboy. However, my flight is normally around 23:30 so I'd rather spend a couple more hours in Pattaya vs hanging out in the airport.

Anyway, I would like to know what time the Sunday 19:00 coach arrives at S.A.? I know traffic, engine trouble, a Red Shirt disruption could occur which would delay the coach's arrival but your input will help me decide on whether or not to take the Sunday 19:00 coach at the end of my next holiday.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Bell Bus Service: I was wondering if any of you have taken the Sunday 19:00 coach from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport (S.A.)? Approximately what time, on average, does it arrive at S.A?

I ask because I took the Sunday 17:00 coach and arrived at S.A. at 18:20, not bad at all; in the past I've taken the 13:00 and 15:00 coach so I could visit Nana and Cowboy. However, my flight is normally around 23:30 so I'd rather spend a couple more hours in Pattaya vs hanging out in the airport.

Anyway, I would like to know what time the Sunday 19:00 coach arrives at S.A.? I know traffic, engine trouble, a Red Shirt disruption could occur which would delay the coach's arrival but your input will help me decide on whether or not to take the Sunday 19:00 coach at the end of my next holiday.

Thanks in advance.

Lipoman if you could answer my questions I would appreciate :) because i am thinking to use that service from airport to pats for my trip next month.

1-How is the condition of the bus?

2-Is it punctual and how long does it take to arrive to Pattaya?

3-How much you paid for the ticket?

4-In Pattaya, where do they drop you off? Do they go to Walking Street?

5-Is there any website about this service?

:001_Thank_You5:

Lipoman if you could answer my questions I would appreciate :) because i am thinking to use that service from airport to pats for my trip next month.

Any reply to this would be subjective, as what I call nice or good may not be the same as you, however I would say the buses are clean and road worthy, the seats do not recline and there is not a huge amount of leg room if you are very tall.

Yes punctual, max 2 hours to get to Pattaya but average 1.5 hours.

200bht if pre-paid, in advance through their website

4-In Pattaya, where do they drop you off? Do they go to Walking street?

They will take you to your hotel, the bus from the airport stops at the main bus garage, you will then transfer on to a minibus and this takes you to your hotel or as close as they can get, pay attention when getting of the main bus, as they have a few mini-buses and you will be told which one to get in to.

www.belltravelservice.com you can pre-book and pay on this site, they will email a receipt, they say this is preferred and the only way to use the service but I have in the past gone downstairs at the airport, looked for the Bell Travel sign/ staff and paid them there with no problems, I have also booked through the website with no problems.

NOTE: When you are looking for them, they do not have a counter/ desk, look for the small, free-standing sign or staff with the company name on their shirts, if the bus is not outside or obvious.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

NOTE: When you are looking for them, they do not have a counter/ desk, look for the small, free-standing sign or staff with the company name on their shirts, if the bus is not outside or obvious.

Thank you Vortex for your information. This would help me for sure. :001_Thank_You5:

Coming back from Pattaya; Pick up bus was late, I was already making my plan two. Got two numbers to call, but they did not work. Nothing more to complain.

I took a Bell bus to PTY earlier this month. In the company's favour, the web-site is clear and user friendly and the on-the- ground organisation was immaculate: easy to find the pick-up point and once in PTY, the move from coach to mini-bus was very efficiently handled. And for the price of a couple of beers, the trip isn't a wallet-breaker.

However, I was less impressed on two counts: first, there wasn't much leg-room on the coach and its suspension had seen better days. Second the bus was completely full. Nothing wrong with that, but 40% of the passengers had arrived in a group from a place where soap, water and deodorant seemed to have been in short supply: so the air inside the coach hummed a fair bit. I'd only taken a short internal flight to get to BKK, so wasn't too fussed about the leg-room, but I'd probably have had a groan if that came after a long-haul economy flight ex-Europe or the US.

Took a hotel limo back to BKK (city): 1,300 baht and worth it for the comfort and fresh air.

• 3 weeks later...

The Bell Bus runs during the day, every 2 hours. If you arrive late at night or very early morning, you probably have to take a cab. (I think there are some regular busses with other stops, you might find info on them somewhere on PA.

On the Bell web site, they say you need a reservation for the bus. There is no advance payment, so it costs you nothing to make a reservation. You have to join the site so they can e-mail you a confirmation. When you make the reservation they request you pick your hotel from a drop down menu. They use this information to sort out a bunch of vans in Pattaya to take everyone from the bus station to the hotels. The van is included in the price you pay. If your hotel is not on the menu, you can put it in the comments (and maybe give them an address in case they never heard of it).

When you arrive at the airport, go down to the bottom level. There is no Bell Bus counter, but there is a Bell sign about a meter tall next to some benches. Have a seat on the benches and wait. There is someone hanging around with a clipboard who will ask your name and check you off the list. You do not pay yet. The web site says you should print out your reservation e-mail, but I was not asked to show it. I guess that only matters if your name is not on the clipboard.

When it’s time to leave, the clipboard guy will lead everyone out the the bus. It’s like a nice Greyhound bus, very comfortable and air conditioned. Luggage stows outside, but you can carry something small on board and put it overhead. The bus goes straight to Pattaya with no stops. Mine must have been going far over any speed limit. I saw no limit posted, but I clocked the bus at over 140 kph. We got to Pattay in about an hour and 5 minutes. Then it takes a little while to get to the bus station.

When you arrive at the bus station, you pay as you exit the bus. The price is pretty much 200 baht for everyone, but they ask where you’re going as you pay and I think maybe if you’re going somewhere outside of Pattaya tourist area it might be more. There is a row of minivans waiting with hotel names posted in the windshield. When you tell them your hotel, they point you to the correct van. I was the first one dropped off from my van, at Canterbury Tales. Total time from airport to hotel was 1 hour 30 minutes. This was the noon bus on a Sunday. I suppose other days or times might have worse traffic (or a slower driver).

If you are late for the bus on which you have a reservation, you are entitled to get on the next bus (provided there is an open seat) if you want to wait for it. Probably, if you don’t have a reservation at all, you can get on the bus as long as it’s not full. I’m not sure if they’ll have a minivan ready for your specific hotel without advance notice, but one of them probably goes close enough to add you.

There is a return service, again during the day, where they pick you up at your hotel, take you to the bus station and from there to the airport. My plane left too early to take advantage of this.

The Bell Bus runs during the day, every 2 hours.............

Thanks for providing a useful report.(as usual)

I took a Bell bus to PTY earlier this month. In the company's favour, the web-site is clear and user friendly and the on-the- ground organisation was immaculate: easy to find the pick-up point and once in PTY, the move from coach to mini-bus was very efficiently handled. And for the price of a couple of beers, the trip isn't a wallet-breaker.

However, I was less impressed on two counts: first, there wasn't much leg-room on the coach and its suspension had seen better days. Second the bus was completely full. Nothing wrong with that, but 40% of the passengers had arrived in a group from a place where soap, water and deodorant seemed to have been in short supply: so the air inside the coach hummed a fair bit. I'd only taken a short internal flight to get to BKK, so wasn't too fussed about the leg-room, but I'd probably have had a groan if that came after a long-haul economy flight ex-Europe or the US.

Took a hotel limo back to BKK (city): 1,300 baht and worth it for the comfort and fresh air.

Woohoo, spot on summary. I travelled last month with the missus much to her dismay. the smell was shocking!

THE THAI MR. DREAM IS THE WAY.

He give me a yak yak for not using him to Pattaya, but used him for a day trip to BKK and again to the airport.

Day to BKK 2000B plus tolls

Patts to airport 1000B plus tolls

Best service I have found in Thailand. Big Volvo and a funny guy to boot. Always happy at the end of the trip to get him into the pub for a few as well. Great guy.

Wha's like us?

• 3 weeks later...

This may help....Bell travel 3 . copy.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

the last buss to Pattaya is at 6pm.

is there a similar bus service in the airport that have route later than 6pm???

• 3 weeks later...

I say this- not as prejudice against Indian people-only to describe abusive behavior of 3 ignorant a-holes who were Indian, and got on Bell Bus and disrespected my lady and I tell you all.. it was almost my international incident-it took every bit-(NOT)-- NIT/NOY-of will power (NOT) to punch the crap out of that a-hole. I have never been so mad and yes, ashamed- for not doing it. An English guy told the 3 of them off and told them to take a taxi if they could not act human.

Then, the Bell Bus driver threatened to call the boys in brown...No problem.. with Bell Bus driver-No problem with Indian people in general, but there are a-holes in every culture..I know if I had punched the dude..I might of been in big trouble, but still wish I had...No excuses-for people who just want to disrespect others.. for no reason.especially ladies. I am back home and still can't let this go--What would any of you of done? I hope the owners of Bell Bus- Ban those guys from ever using there service again. I thanked the English guy for telling them off. If he is on the forum..Thanks again..

I'm an Indian, and this is my fifth visit to the LOS, the second this year. I can only hang my head in shame for the behavior of my fellow countrymen. I do agree with you that there are A*holes in every culture, but I assure you that not every Indian is one. :68:

I apologize on behalf of all the other respectable and decent Indians. I know this is an inadequate apology for the angst you must have gone through, but, to make up for it, I'm in Pattaya from Nov 1st to the 5th...and if you're in Patts at that time, I'd be more than happy to buy you a few drinks. :hello09:

Edited by southie

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so here a quick update and tips on the aforementioned "late Bell Bus version", http://www.airportpattayabus.com.

I landed late at Swampy and was out of immigration by 18:30. Down to 1st floor, just where you would wait for the Bell Bus. Just opposite this row of benches, there's the ticket counter at the window. Buy your ticket there for 124.-

When I arrived, the 19:00 bus was fully booked already so I got me a ticket for the next and last one at 21:00. Not quite happy with waiting that long and arriving that late in Patts I did contemplate with getting me a cab. But just as I was making my move upstairs for a cab the crowd emerged to head for the bus. I was a quick thinker for once and ran back to the counter asking the lady whether everybody had arrived and whether they were really full? They were but turns out they have/keep two spare seats empty (maybe for friends or emergencies?) and I got my ticket previously bought for the 21:00 bus changed and off I went.

So although it's really cheap and therefore popular and cannot be pre-booked online, go for it, you might get the chance even when arriving at the last minute.

Driving speed is the same than Bell Bus, i.e. around 1.5 hours to Sukhumvit/Pattaya Klang. The bus makes a regular stop here and motobike taxis are waiting to take you further if you wish. But if you want to get out here, you need to say so when buying your ticket at Swampy. The driver will only open one single dedicated luggage hatch. If your bag wasn't marked and ended up in one of the other hatches, you'll not get off!

But you don't need to anyway: getting off at Pattaya Klang and riding with a motobike to hotel incl. your luggage is more dangerous and uncomfortable than just getting off the bus at Jomtien, it's final destination. There, BahtBuses wait, one for Jomtien and some for Pattaya. Just tell the guys where you need to go and they show you the right car. The ride to Pattaya is 50.-. More than your usual trip from Jomtien but about the same than with a Motobike from the first stop.

I think I was at Soi Diana about 2h 15min after leaving the airport.

4-In Pattaya, where do they drop you off? Do they go to Walking street?

Used Bells on Monday the 15th Nov Bus in good shape.. clean ...roadworthy.. comfortable, etc...Punctual to the minute.. on my ride took 1hour 25min on my trip and a great ride didnt stop or slow down until we got to Pattaya ( great road trip )and get you to the door of your hotel where ever it is...you would be wasting money you could waste elsewhere to travel Pattaya any other way if you are coming in solo...make sure you allow 40 mins to get though immigration at the airport when you book ...

Last time for the other bus service is 21:00 . Not sure of the name of the bus service but the counter is on the ground floor of the airport trminal right at the end near the food court. about 120baht but drops you on the main road into patts North, Central and South) so need a baht bus from their if you have luggage. A captured market so charge about 200baht to your hotel.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, so here a quick update and tips on the aforementioned "late Bell Bus version", http://www.airportpattayabus.com.

I landed late at Swampy and was out of immigration by 18:30. Down to 1st floor, just where you would wait for the Bell Bus. Just opposite this row of benches, there's the ticket counter at the window. Buy your ticket there for 124.-

When I arrived, the 19:00 bus was fully booked already so I got me a ticket for the next and last one at 21:00. Not quite happy with waiting that long and arriving that late in Patts I did contemplate with getting me a cab. But just as I was making my move upstairs for a cab the crowd emerged to head for the bus. I was a quick thinker for once and ran back to the counter asking the lady whether everybody had arrived and whether they were really full? They were but turns out they have/keep two spare seats empty (maybe for friends or emergencies?) and I got my ticket previously bought for the 21:00 bus changed and off I went.

So although it's really cheap and therefore popular and cannot be pre-booked online, go for it, you might get the chance even when arriving at the last minute.

Driving speed is the same than Bell Bus, i.e. around 1.5 hours to Sukhumvit/Pattaya Klang. The bus makes a regular stop here and motobike taxis are waiting to take you further if you wish. But if you want to get out here, you need to say so when buying your ticket at Swampy. The driver will only open one single dedicated luggage hatch. If your bag wasn't marked and ended up in one of the other hatches, you'll not get off!

But you don't need to anyway: getting off at Pattaya Klang and riding with a motobike to hotel incl. your luggage is more dangerous and uncomfortable than just getting off the bus at Jomtien, it's final destination. There, BahtBuses wait, one for Jomtien and some for Pattaya. Just tell the guys where you need to go and they show you the right car. The ride to Pattaya is 50.-. More than your usual trip from Jomtien but about the same than with a Motobike from the first stop.

I think I was at Soi Diana about 2h 15min after leaving the airport.

That sounds way too fecking complicated. I'll pass.

That sounds way too fecking complicated.

You're right it does a bit... :rolleyes: sorry.

But if you skip the (optional) options in the middle it's only:

"Down to 1st floor, just where you would wait for the Bell Bus. Just opposite this row of benches, there's the ticket counter at the window. Buy your ticket there for 124.-"

Hop on the bus.

"...at Jomtien, it's final destination. There, BahtBuses wait, one for Jomtien and some for Pattaya. Just tell the guys where you need to go and they show you the right car. The ride to Pattaya is 50.-."

You're right it does a bit... :rolleyes: sorry.

But if you skip the (optional) options in the middle it's only:

"Down to 1st floor, just where you would wait for the Bell Bus. Just opposite this row of benches, there's the ticket counter at the window. Buy your ticket there for 124.-"

Hop on the bus.

"...at Jomtien, it's final destination. There, BahtBuses wait, one for Jomtien and some for Pattaya. Just tell the guys where you need to go and they show you the right car. The ride to Pattaya is 50.-."

For an extra 26 baht and a reservation, Bell will take you to the main bus stop in Pattaya, then wisk you off to the door of your hotel. Think I will splurge and spend an approximate extra $1USD. Just call me big spender. Also, no need to worry about the "first come, first served" aspect of the aforementioned bus service.

ah, mate, I was just messing with ya :D

Of course Bell is always first choice but obviously not after 6pm when the above service comes in handy.