IGNORED

Etihad Airways - any reviews

DRFRANKIE

Hi Folks

I used to fly with Eva Air, then got bored with it.

So tried my hand on layovers which I did and that was Emirates, this was because it gets to BKK early morning, gives me a chance to do things and not seem like a day gone in a flash.

However this time I been looking at Etihad and their flight seem a £130 cheaper compared to Emirates and £110 to Qatar.

As they say look after the pennies and all that................

Any reviews on Ethiad?

Last time I flown with them was a good couple of years ago.

Regards

Farakh

Hi

They are a great airline like you in Oct/Nov last year flew with Eva Airways another good

airline but for my next trip May/June flying with Etihad again from LHR at £458 and 

short-stop-overs 1hr-25min outbound and 1hr-15min inbound have got used to the stop

overs now so not troubled have chance to stretch my legs and anyway like the price of the flight.

I'll be flying Etihad this year for the first time, the other trips were Emirates and Qatar airways cannot wait.. :Flying:  :Flying:    

I use Etihad most of the time, living here helps though, in some ways. 

Qatar, Emirates and Etihad are, IMO, all very much the same quality of airline with similar ethics/standards etc etc.

Airport (AUH) is nothing to shout about, new terminal, will appear pricey for booze etc, but for a short stop over , its OK. 

Internet available on some planes now, as well as OK ish IFE. Just under 6 hours from AUH to BKK.

One thing though, they have 3 flights out of AUH to BKK per day. The morning one(0800), in general, is full with all the transfers.

There is another flight at approx 1030 local, which An Etihad Hostess told me, was mostly less busy than the first flight of the day, there is also a 2200 flight, my preference, that gets into BKK 0700, that can also be quite empty dependent on the time of year and days you fly. So for extra couple of hours one morning stuck in AUH, your onward journey may be a little more comfortable.

Overall, unless you are very unlucky with delays and/or cancelled flights for whatever reason, you wont go too far wrong with Etihad.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

hi , lets keep it simple .......................they are one of the best !!

hi , lets keep it simple .......................they are one of the best !!

But be aware that Economy seats on the 777 on Abu Dhabi-Bangkok sectors are 10 abreast rather than 9 on other airlines. Width of seat is tight to say the least

also had good experience with Etihad.

I now fly Oman Air, which provides IMO the same standard, but they are much cheaper :)

Latest reviews from Skytrax

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm

Lot of people giving Etihad grief in Economy on those reviews. Freezing cold tempertures onboard repeated time and again and the chaotic situation in Abu Dhabi where you cannot be absolutely certain if you're in the right terminal.

I've flown 143 times to Bangkok mostly on 2 sector flights and even I was confused slightly at their Hub

Never again AB/EY.

9hrs delay in Abu Dhabi, also known as the 'fridge of the desert'.

In addition, customer representive told me, that he doesn't care about my situation. But obviously, if u look arabian, u'll get a much better treatment!

There are a lot of other things to complain about, but that would take too long.

I flew Etihad last July, one of the best airlines I've flown with. Highly recommended and often one of the cheapest from UK.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

Great Airlines, flew with many Airlines but found Etihad miles better than the rest.

Good airline for the price and schedules they offer, used them numerous times for business trips as well.

Two things, the economy seating arrangement can be quite cramped (more rows, less legroom, at times more seats per row). Also I find the seats less comfortable than other airlines (could be just me), but I normally get an aisle seat and move about 2 or 3 times, so not to bothered really.

Second the transfer from one plane to another in Abu Dhabi can be a little irritating, seems that a lot of flights come in and transfer at core times, and if you have to change terminals you must be patient (at least try) while people are going through a security check for what seems the first (maybe second) time in their lives. Though this being said on my last trip when I transferred and had to go through the security check they did a much more efficient job than times previous.

Other than that, the prices are sometimes too good to say no, even being non-direct the hour to hour and a half layover is fine, just buy some duty free with the money saved compared to a direct flight (direct flights from Germany seem always to be more expensive) and still have cash left over for Mr T taxi or whatever.

Just be sure to know the weight limits of baggage as well as what cancellation and rebooking fees apply to your classification of ticket.

Have a good flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good airline, food on board is decent enough for cattle class. Entertainment system is decent and depending on mood of stewardess' the drinks quantity can be decent also. Flying out of Dublin I normally am able to request extra leg room seat at check in desk, but can't do this for the Abu Dhabi - BKK leg. have to ask over there. 

Having to go through security again in Abu Dhabi can be a bit of a nightmare especially if there is a lot of people ahead of you. The queue system isn't that greatly organised I suppose and leads to unnecessary tension.

If you can get a flight that goes direct (BA) I'd pay the extra £150. The reason is you're on the plane about 6 hrs then have a 1.5 hr wait (nothing really) and then another 6-7 hrs so I've always found it difficult to get enough sleep between the 2 flights. Direct flights are much easier to get some sleep.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Mrs Colin & I flew Etihad business class BKK- Abu Dhabi - Manchester & return last July. They were a lot cheaper than Emirates & slightly less than Qatar Airways.

Service both on the ground & in the air was superb.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to read the divergent views. I will be using them Coral Econ class on trip to London & rtn this week. I will endeavor to provide feedback on rtn to Pattaya.

Archived