Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai GF needs a passport

Burgos123

Hi,

I am coming to LOS in 4 weeks. This time I want to travel to Vietnam half of my trip. I want to bring a girl I know in Pattaya along with me, so I asked her a long time ago to get a passport. Now she tells me that she can't get the passport in Pattaya but have to go to Bangkok and that it is a big problem with the demonstrations and all. I am not sure if this is because she really rather stay in Pattaya with me or this really is true. I have a hard time believing that you can't renew your passport in Pattaya. Anyone know if this is the case?

She can file the application for her passport in Pattaya and it will be shipped to her within 7 business days. My TGF just got her's in Pattaya, but it took closer to 2 weeks before she actually had the passport. However, that was before the first of the year and all the "shutdown" crap started happening.

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

My GF did get hers in Pattaya a few months ago at the office in the Avenue Centre on the second floor it took a week and cost 1140 baht in total with postage and cover included but I have a suspicion the office has been temporally closed just struggling to find where I saw it if someone knows for sure?

GF being the sweetheart she is just tracked down the office phone number when I asked her about it<br />038422438 maybe give a try.

Hi,

I am coming to LOS in 4 weeks. This time I want to travel to Vietnam half of my trip. I want to bring a girl I know in Pattaya along with me, so I asked her a long time ago to get a passport. Now she tells me that she can't get the passport in Pattaya but have to go to Bangkok and that it is a big problem with the demonstrations and all. I am not sure if this is because she really rather stay in Pattaya with me or this really is true. I have a hard time believing that you can't renew your passport in Pattaya. Anyone know if this is the case?

Yes it is possible to get a passport done in Pattaya. However, are you sure that she wants to go? The reason I ask is that the passport office in Bangkok is away from where the demonstrations are and she would know that. The office is in Bang Na half way between Bangkok and the airport.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There was certainly an Office opened in Pattaya as mentioned in Pos t#3

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Thanks for the answers. She told me the office in Pattaya was closed and it appears that this might be true. She told me that at the office in Bangkok you would have to wait in line for a long time. This might be true as well. I guess I just have to hope she has time to spend a day going to Bangkok for this. 

She told me that at the office in Bangkok you would have to wait in line for a long time. This might be true as well. I guess I just have to hope she has time to spend a day going to Bangkok for this. 

I've heard this similar problem many times. Thais are xenophobic. She doesn't want to go where no one speaks Thai and they don't serve Thai food from street carts.

If she's not interested your only incentive to her is to offer her more money for taking the trip to VN.

Many Thais have no need or want to travel.

up to you

This might be true as well. I guess I just have to hope she has time to spend a day going to Bangkok for this. 

This is no longer true.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I've heard this similar problem many times. Thais are xenophobic. She doesn't want to go where no one speaks Thai and they don't serve Thai food from street carts.

If she's not interested your only incentive to her is to offer her more money for taking the trip to VN.

Many Thais have no need or want to travel.

Yeah, I am discovering just how true this is. Had plans to bring my TGF back to Taiwan with me for a while. She was all excited about the idea so gave her the money for the passport. She got her passport (in Pattaya) and I bought her a ticket. I arrived in Pattaya on the 9th and proceeded to spend two days getting her visa application filed, followed by two trips into Bangkok last week to beg the Taiwan visa officer to give her a visa based on my work permit. Success!!! They gave her a 90 day multiple entry visa which was better than I was hoping for.

Back to Pattaya to celebrate but she is very subdued. Finally asked her what was bothering her.

"I go home to family 1 month then go Taiwan with you."

"But I can't come back in 1 month. Maybe can in 2 months but not 1"

"OK, I go home 2 month then go with you."

I threw my hands into the air and put her on a flight home while I see how much if a refund I can get on her ticket. She never even hinted at not wanting to go until everything was done. I think she was hoping the visa would be rejected so she wouldn't have to tell me 'no'. I will try again in 2 months and see what the next excuse is.

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

I will try again in 2 months and see what the next excuse is.

Give up is my advice. You're just looking to get disappointed again.

up to you

I guess this is how it goes when there's ONE location to get it done in the entire country.

up to you

The Pattaya Thai passport office at the Avenue is not open for business during the troubles in BKK because they need computer checks with the ChaengWattana Consular Division at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs every time they issue a new passport here and CW is closed with nobody to man the computers.

Normally the passport is issued on the spot. If everything is in order it takes only 20 minutes. No need to go to CW in BKK.

Since Monday last week the staff has had to show up every morning for "work" until early PM. Nothing to do - just idle the time away. And no applicants allowed in.

There will be long lines when they reopen !! The girls there will work overtime every day until the back-up is cleared.

My TGF works there.

Seeking the mythical My-Girl-is-Different

Yeah, I am discovering just how true this is. Had plans to bring my TGF back to Taiwan with me for a while. She was all excited about the idea so gave her the money for the passport. She got her passport (in Pattaya) and I bought her a ticket. I arrived in Pattaya on the 9th and proceeded to spend two days getting her visa application filed, followed by two trips into Bangkok last week to beg the Taiwan visa officer to give her a visa based on my work permit. Success!!! They gave her a 90 day multiple entry visa which was better than I was hoping for.

Back to Pattaya to celebrate but she is very subdued. Finally asked her what was bothering her.

"I go home to family 1 month then go Taiwan with you."

"But I can't come back in 1 month. Maybe can in 2 months but not 1"

"OK, I go home 2 month then go with you."

I threw my hands into the air and put her on a flight home while I see how much if a refund I can get on her ticket. She never even hinted at not wanting to go until everything was done. I think she was hoping the visa would be rejected so she wouldn't have to tell me 'no'. I will try again in 2 months and see what the next excuse is.

Mate sorry to say but you're just throwing good money after bad. just stay in Patts with her and have some fun as it looks like that's all she wants.

Since Monday last week the staff has had to show up every morning for "work" until early PM. Nothing to do - just idle the time away. And no applicants allowed in.

Ah, good ole Thai Logic!

up to you

No need to go to CW in BKK.

Not sure I understand - are you saying it is impossible to get a passport for the time being? My gf went to the office in Bang Na, but there were so many people it was impossible to get through. Next time she will be there at 2am and hopefully that will work!

I think he's talking about the office in Pattaya being closed, not Bahng-Nah.

up to you

the avenue shopping center on second road ...

Their is a Thai passport office there on the ground floor

Yes, their passport office is there, but apparently it's closed during the protests.

up to you

That could be correct, if I'm in the area I will have a look .... And post when I know

Lubudi posted that his GF works in the office and confirms this to be the case.

The Pattaya Thai passport office at the Avenue is not open for business during the troubles in BKK because they need computer checks with the ChaengWattana Consular Division at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs every time they issue a new passport here and CW is closed with nobody to man the computers.

Normally the passport is issued on the spot. If everything is in order it takes only 20 minutes. No need to go to CW in BKK.

There will be long lines when they reopen !! The girls there will work overtime every day until the back-up is cleared.

My TGF works there.

Just talked to my TGF :

* the Pattaya Avenue passport office still closed tomorrow Monday 27JAN

* in normal times the passport request can be dealt with in as little as 5 minutes if all required documents (originals) are presented

* of course there is a queue (with queue tickets) - AM quick - PM up to several hours wait. Some days 300+ persons show up for a passport request

* cost 1000b + 10b for post

* the passport details are immediately sent online to ChaengWattana for immediate verification, passport is printed within a day, sent to post office asap, and should be received by applicant within a week of initial request at Avenue

* the BangNa and Pingao Thai passport offices are at present the only two places left open in Thailand for issuing passports because they are big enough to handle verifications and printing requests. But expect gigantic queue lines at the moment !!

Listening to the news yesterday they mentioned that the backlog whilst the office is closed is growing at about 5500 applications per day.. Those girls have some serious overtime coming up.

Listening to the news yesterday they mentioned that the backlog whilst the office is closed is growing at about 5500 applications per day.. Those girls have some serious overtime coming up.

At the Pattaya Avenue passport office OT is paid 60b/hour ...

Plus a 30b late work food allowance ...

Meanwhile TGF went to 'work' again this early morning ...

Last week, obviously to maintain the troop morale, their boss took the full contingent of girls for lunch at 5th floor Central-Beach Road ...

Thanks for all the information Lubudi. My TGF went to the Bang Na office this morning allready at 5am. 7 hours later she succeded. Now we just have to wait for it to come by mail I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the information Lubudi. My TGF went to the Bang Na office this morning allready at 5am. 7 hours later she succeded. Now we just have to wait for it to come by mail I think.

Arrived Bangna at 10hr30 Tuesday and #1720 in queue. Biometrics done by 19hr00. No fast track to get the passport made in 3 days (as still posted on the Foreign Ministry web site), tea money not accepted either.

Hundreds patiently waiting in perfect order, laying or sitting where they could. Very quiet crowd, with people softly talking to each other to kill time wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

All in all, the 2hr30 return trip to Pattaya on a crowded van, doing some hundred stops on Rd. 3, was a lot more harassing indeed.

I cross my fingers the 10-12 days wait is not further delayed by some post office issue due to the never ending protests... but by now I know that I'm a lucky bastard xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png

Archived