IGNORED

Burma Anyone ?

PeterD

Hi group. Doing first trip to Burma soon. Planning Mandalay , Yagoon , Bagon. Can anyone recommend hotels and off the beaten track things to see.

I usually stay at P/House in Pattaya as to my hotel standard. I just want clean , well located , working internet , big TV , breakfast.

Every time I type in my hotel name it changes to spam word , not sure why so have used abbreviated version.

Thanks in advance.

Accommodation in Yangon is a bit different price wise since I was there in 2010, after the opening up. I stayed at the Parkview, it's guest friendly somewhat (they did take my girl's thumbprint and charged a small joiner fee), but it's got a little disco, doctor, cash exchange, buffet and is near the lake and Shwedagon Paya (must see).

Other options I think one called Central in town. Don't stay at Panda - Chinese businessmen's hotel. See JJs or Emperor for girls or the big hotel discos

Mandalay - a few good guesthouses per lonely planet. Not much mongering unless your guide recommends a massage, which he will.

Bagan? plenty of options. You'll need a guide to get around the sites. No mongering.

Consider Inle Lake as an addition to or alternative to Mandalay. Lots of chilled guesthouses, again no mongering ( but nice Shaan people.

Some good TRs here with recommendations.

There is no need to go off the beaten track in Myanmar, I fact there are restrictions and it can be dangerous. If you want to do this you will need to deeper than PA.

Archived