Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden – Progress Report 2

PattayaPete

This should be called the lack of progress report.

As I feared, Sonkran reared its ugly head and progress over the past week has been virtually non-existent. The new bar had been a hive of activity but I got a quick feeling for how Sonkran week was going to go when I turned up on Friday 11 April and instead of seeing 20 workers going for it, there was one lonely man in the corner doing some tiling.

Even the electrician who had promised he would work through Songkran suddenly discovered a dead relative and had to leave to join the celebrations. The big construction boss who had suggested labour may be short during the week disappeared to Chang Mai and has not reappeared yet. Hopefully I'll see him again on Monday.

The sign which I did indeed photoshop has been slowly appearing over the past week but has been seriously interrupted by rain showers and although once again the big sign boss said his workers would be there throughout Sonkran, I have not seen them for a few days now. It looks like something the kids did at the moment.

291292-321.jpg

My artistic impression.

291292-322.jpg

The sad reality. It will come right though in due course.

Well today is the 20th and we are not ready to open. I have high hopes that all my workers will reappear on Monday and we will be set to have the soft opening this Thursday (24 April). We should definitely be go for the official opening on 29 April . . . that is next Tuesday.

Moral of the story - don't try and build a bar during Songkran week coz it aint going to happen :Whistle: .

What else can I do but leave you with some pics of the craziness that got in the way.

Pete

291292-323.jpg

291292-324.jpg

291292-325.jpg

291292-326.jpg

291292-327.jpg

291292-328.jpg

291292-329.jpg

291292-330.jpg

291292-331.jpg

291292-332.jpg

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

PP, Some great pics and Good luck hope they all turn up for work on Monday.

Edited by Mavrick

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Nice update. Such is life here in LOS. Thanks for the pics.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Thanks for the update Pete.

I do think i will miss the grand opening,but looking for June instead.

Regards:Matrix

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

29th is just fine by me, i get in town on the 28th. cant wait to have a few beers there :)

I'll be there for the soft opening fella, looking forward to seeing the place..... :)

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

PP: Thanks a lot for the update even though the news wasn't good for you. I know that it will be a success and I look forward to a visit this fall. Thanks again for keeping us posted.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

May have been a good idea to let the staff who were supposed to be starting today know that you are not ready?

I have just informed someone I know who's partner is supposed to be starting today, nobody had made her aware you are not ready.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to sit on the deck & have a few this fall. Still think you have PRIME location. All the best.

Thanks for the report and brilliant photos Pete.

Flying out today for 17 nights so hope to be there for the grand opening.

Cheers

Prince

Great pictures mate... many thanks. Looking forward to seeing your new bar in June.

What is the white shit all over everyone?

Not sure myself but I think its flour and water mate.

Hope it all works out Pete, I'll be showing my face next week for sure. :GrinNod1: shall i bring my toolbox just incase????? :P

just take your "lunchbox" dave, and you will be fine :D

Great pictures mate... many thanks. Looking forward to seeing your new bar in June.

Not sure myself but I think its flour and water mate.

Its talcum powder

Pete.

Will be coming to see you. I believe that your beer garden should be my personal grand central station.

What are my hotel options close to your new bar. I will be on a tight budget.

Will you be able to get us any great hotel deals?

Thank you.

Rudra from the USA.

Pete.

Will be coming to see you. I believe that your beer garden should be my personal grand central station.

What are my hotel options close to your new bar. I will be on a tight budget.

Will you be able to get us any great hotel deals?

Thank you.

Rudra from the USA.

you could try this place.

http://www.windyinn-pattaya.com/

Hey Pete, sorry to hear about the delays..

I won't be back till mid to end summer. Looking forward to having a few cold beers on the patio!!

Gman

Pete I admire your optimism, the fact that you were promised workers and clung to the hope they would pitch up over Songkran shows the kind of wild eyed optimism required to run a business in Pattaya I wish you every success and will pop in for a drink when your open... who was the lone guy doing the work? Take him on full time NOW!

Having sat and watched a small stall sell the off-white shit at the side of the road for a day, I have come to the conclusion it is some kind of cornflower or possibly cement dust, as it looked like the powder came from cement style bags. Some of the more fun loving Thais like to use prickly heat powder which is a real bitch when in the eyes. I find carrying and retaliating with a small bottle of shampoo pisses them off greatly.

I have just informed someone I know who's partner is supposed to be starting today, nobody had made her aware you are not ready.

Wow buriranboy that was very nice of you......... :Party1:

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

All the best with the work. When i get over there i wouldn't mind having a drink on the patio also. Really hopes it works out for you.

Just a brief note guys to say we did not manage to open today (Thursday 24th). Quite a few guys dropped by to say hi but the workers were putting the finishing touches to everything. They have just finished now it's 1 am Friday. I don't think any of them have worked so hard in their lives.

Anyway, we will definitely be open tomorrow. Well, the bar will be but the restaurant is still a few days away. I was going to post some pics and detail the exciting promotions we will be running from Saturday but I'm knackered, so will do that tomorrow.

I look forward to seeing you at the Pattaya Beer Garden.

Cheers

Pete

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Thanks Pete ...

My 4 mates and I will be there in a week ... Look forward to saying "HI" and enjoying the bar, just one thing ... where the hell is it ... no map on your website.

Pete, I am a newbie to Pattaya. My first trip comes up in a mere 12 days. I will be sure to frequent your establishment many many times during my 3 week vacation. hell, I may even pick your brain a bit about how a meager English teacher could also aspire to the heights of Pattaya bar ownership....

fair warning.

Roil.

Change is Eternal.