IGNORED

Finally got a Hotel

HulaHula85

Is it just me or are a LOT of the companies that do hotel requests out to get a bit of money out of you?

I tried 3 different request/reservation sights and whatever hotel i told them they would say it was booked and recommended a run-down hotel (that was advertised at a price MUCH higher than the hotel's website). I finally found a decent online deal from the A-one cruise hotel. It's the one shaped like a cruise ship (obviously).

Has anyone had any experience from the hotel? I'm not somuch worried about the price but more the actual condition of it and its location.

Thanks

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

Please take some pics & do a review mate. i.e. guest friendly, food, room, cost, atmosphere......

:Evil_Grin2:

Guest Qwert06

Mate, i stay in the Sabailodge accross the soi from it. And i'm just back from 2 months in Pattaya. I'm not beinf funny but that hotel is where a LOT of the stinking nasty RUSSIANS are put up in.

I don't know what your experiances are in Pattaya, if you are a regular there and have not been for a while there are THOUSANDS of the cunts about and all they are is trouble. Sorry if this has pissed on your fire but you have asked.

Could be wrong but have a strong feeling that hotel is not guest friendly(as in you bringing your night-time companion back to your room).maybe try email them to ask if there is a "joiner fee". family orientated I think.

Location Ok and hotel looks superb from outside.

Stayed there in 2005. Can't fault the hotel. It was clean and fairly modern although I didnt see much of it apart from my room and the reception as I was Stinkin drunk for the 3 nights that I stayed there! The only fault I have is that it certainly is not guest friendly and the staff seemed to look down on you for taking girls back..giving you a look of resentment as if you are taking advantage or something. It's also a bit far away from Walking Street for my liking....hope this helps!

Guest Qwert06
. It's also a bit far away from walking street for my liking....hope this helps!

Walking St is a whole 4 minutes on a motor bike taxi, 10 MAX in a baht bus.

Walking St is a whole 4 minutes on a motor bike taxi, 10 MAX in a baht bus.

For me the closer I get the better! nah....I'm a lazy MAN!

Guest Qwert06
For me the closer I get the better! nah....I'm a lazy Cunt!

fair enough. I like being out the way of it, but with-in striking distance

Oh i Absolutely will do a lengthy review on the hotel.

As far as dealing with russians i've done it before

been to uzbekistan many times, as well as moscow.

Also have to deal with a LOT of people from Kosovo in my company, not fun at all.......

It's not a bad place for the price at least.

Thanks for the feedback guys

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

I was in Pattaya when that hotel was just opening so on a lark I went in and asked the price for a basic room, the quote was something ridiculous like 2157 Baht. You are much better at the Sabaii Lodge.

I was in Pattaya when that hotel was just opening so on a lark I went in and asked the price for a basic room, the quote was something ridiculous like 2157 Baht. You are much better at the Sabaii Lodge.

yeah the price was pretty high, but i got a deal reserving 2 superior 2 rooms at 2100 each. we're only going to stay there for a week, then afterwards we're going to find a hotel to stay at from just a walk in. Hopefully won't have to pay too much of a rack rate for a walk-in reservation.

taking girls back we'll see. They said there wasn't a joiner's fee, and if they're dealing with russians and koreans, then i really don't care what kind of look they give me. i'm looking to rent some ATVs so getting around will be allright.

from what i hear the beach in front of the hotel is VERY nasty (well nastier than the rest of pattaya beach)....but i also hear there is a BEACH in pattaya, has anyone ever seen it?

If you want a decent beach you are better of going to Jomtien. You will likely be able to get a better deal from most places with a walk-in than you will online. Depending on how busy they are you may even be able to barter the price down. You will definitely be able to look at the room before you agree to take and that will help you decide whether or not you are willing to pay the price they are asking.

yeah that's one thing i was worried about, because ALL of the hotel chains are always going to post their best pics.

don't worry i'll set it right. If the Cruise is nice i'll definately write a nice long review, but if it's bad, you can guaranteed that i'll rip it a new one.

Dubai in 2 days!!!

When I was in town in October I met a guy who was staying there and actively looking for a new room because he said it was definately not guest friendly...hopefully it will work out better for you.

He also said thats where all the Chinese tourists were staying.

Thailand Land of Smiles

yeah the price was pretty high, but i got a deal reserving 2 superior 2 rooms at 2100 each. we're only going to stay there for a week, then afterwards we're going to find a hotel to stay at from just a walk in. Hopefully won't have to pay too much of a rack rate for a walk-in reservation.

taking girls back we'll see. They said there wasn't a joiner's fee, and if they're dealing with russians and koreans, then i really don't care what kind of look they give me. i'm looking to rent some ATVs so getting around will be allright.

from what i hear the beach in front of the hotel is VERY nasty (well nastier than the rest of pattaya beach)....but i also hear there is a BEACH in pattaya, has anyone ever seen it?

You can get a great room in Pattaya for 1500, a good room for about 1000, and you can even find a passable room for 500. Is it too late for you to cancel your reservation?

I strongly suggest you keep looking for a hotel. The A-1 Cruise is a dump, not girl friendly, security to stop you taking in a guest, full of Chinese tour groups who tie up the elevator and jostle you out of the way at the crappy breakfast buffet. I stayed there once and it was once too many. You couldn't pay me to stay there again. There are lots of good GF hotels in Pattaya in the same price range and high season should be past so I suggest you keep looking.

The only reason I got the hotel was because there is no cancellation fee for me once I get to the hotel. If I don't like it i'll leave and find another place. For now i'll go there and see what all the hype (Or lack of it) is all about. Trust me if it's like it seems from everyone elses experiences, you guys will hear about it, but for now i'll go. Wish me luck gents, i'm off to Dubai!

The only reason I got the hotel was because there is no cancellation fee for me once I get to the hotel. If I don't like it i'll leave and find another place. For now i'll go there and see what all the hype (Or lack of it) is all about. Trust me if it's like it seems from everyone elses experiences, you guys will hear about it, but for now i'll go. Wish me luck gents, i'm off to Dubai!

Check out The Sabaii Lodge, it's almost directly accross soi 2 from the boat hotel. I don't know what your hotel standard is but the single superior in the older wing is fine for me and Last time I got a walk in rate of 900 Baht a day. The rooms are clean and well appointed, safe in room, guest friendly, four swimming pools. You really can't beat it. The only issue some people have is that it isn't really walking distance to Walking Street, a long walk anyway, but the baht buss stops right in front and it's a short ride.

Check out The Sabaii Lodge, it's almost directly accross soi 2 from the boat hotel. I don't know what your hotel standard is but the single superior in the older wing is fine for me and Last time I got a walk in rate of 900 Baht a day. The rooms are clean and well appointed, safe in room, guest friendly, four swimming pools. You really can't beat it. The only issue some people have is that it isn't really walking distance to Walking street, a long walk anyway, but the baht buss stops right in front and it's a short ride.

I'll look forward to your report. I've booked 2 nights there in early april, but If it's totally un-guest friendly I may take a bath on the money and stay elsewhere!

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I'll look forward to your report. I've booked 2 nights there in early april, but If it's totally un-guest friendly I may take a bath on the money and stay elsewhere!
If you are refering to The Sabaii Lodge it is totally guest friendly.

If you are refering to The Sabaii Lodge it is totally guest friendly.

No I've booked two nights at the A-1 Cruise... if it's crap, I'll try the Sabai

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

No I've booked two nights at the A-1 Cruise... if it's crap, I'll try the Sabai
Good luck. I haven't stayed at the boat hotel so I can't really comment about it. I do like the idea of a hotel shaped like a boat though.

For me the closer I get the better! nah....I'm a lazy MAN!

Well you can break the trip up by having a drink at any of the 100 or so bars along beach road that are between you and Walking Street.