Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Six Thai men beat lone tourist

sinbad5

http://pattayatoday.net/news/news-from-around-pattaya/six-thai-men-beat-lone-tourist/

A 48-year-old man was badly beaten after he quarreled with a motorbike taxi boy who then brought his friends into the fray. Maltese Michael Gassar and his Thai girlfriendhad bought jewelry and enjoyed some drinks before taking a motorbike taxi to an ATM. When the cash machine snatched his card and refused to dispense his card or any cash, Gassar became angry and repeatedly kicked the machine. The taxi driver tried to restrain the foreigner to no avail. Instead, the two argued while the farang continued to assault the ATM. At this point, the Thai man reportedly called upon six friends who readily attacked the lone Maltese man—beating him with a metal rod and a beer bottle. Neither the victim nor his girlfriend could identify the assailants. Gassar is in hospital recovering from his injuries.

Bung-10-300x225.jpg

Againg typical "fair fight" cowards six per farang.  :SoWhat1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Is Pattaya Today just getting around to reporting this story or is this a new one?

Strikingly similar to one that happened recently.

EDIT: Yep. Same story. Pattaya Today is just a few weeks late with it.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/112969/maltese-man-beaten-after-pattaya-atm-swallows-his-bank-card/

He didn't get his ass kicked for molesting an ATM ... pretty sure he told the motorbike driver to fcuk off , take a hike or something similar what set things in motion .

Don't give these guys a reason to get your ass kicked course they will ...

Is Pattaya Today just getting around to reporting this story or is this a new one?

Strikingly similar to one that happened recently.

It is the same story: Pattaya One article from 23rd December.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

That's one who will never kick an atm machine again 55555555

He didn't get his ass kicked for molesting an ATM ... pretty sure he told the motorbike driver to fcuk off , take a hike or something similar what set things in motion .

Don't give these guys a reason to get your ass kicked course they will ...

Yeah probably more to it.  There is no virtually no problem that cannot be fixed with an extra 100 baht or so with these guys.  Why fuck around with getting one's ass kicked over a few baht.   Negotiate a fee before leaving and don't be an ass about it and never pu the guy in a situation where he might lose face.   I see guys getting pissed and fuming over a few baht many times while on vacation.  It's not worth it.  Not saying this happened here but very possible and most of these Thai guys are just itching to thump a farang. 

• 3 months later...

He shouldn't kick an ATM machine???? Get angry and then start taking it out on someone who is trying to calm him down.

I hope he learns his lesson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here's a man vs atm that doesn't turn out too well either...  from breaking bad, one of the best shows ever put out on tv.

one of the best shows ever put out on tv.

It sure is. I dont watch much telly and only have a couple of shows that I would call my faves.

BB is at number one :)

Act like an asshole, get treated like an asshole.  When you visit someone else's country, you should be polite and humble.  The way some tourists act here, I'm guessing they would get their ass kicked in their own country.  Why would Thailand be any different?

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

They committed assault causing bodily harm.

When you visit someone else's country, you should be polite and humble.

Yes, but the other side of the equation is that you treat your guests in a fair manner. Assaulting them as a group is far from fair. Both sides deserve blame and neither is innocent.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Wonder if he tried the cancel button. I had a machines screen go blank while I was using it, buttons seemed to stop working. I hit cancel to see if that would work and it spat my card back out.

Didn't use that machine again for my trip.

But yeah, never get into an argument in Thailand. I'm worried about taking my brother over there. He is an angry drunk, and gets in peoples faces when smashed.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

Wonder if he tried the cancel button. I had a machines screen go blank while I was using it, buttons seemed to stop working. I hit cancel to see if that would work and it spat my card back out.

But yeah, never get into an argument in Thailand. I'm worried about taking my brother over there. He is an angry drunk, and gets in peoples faces when smashed.

are you taking him over?  sounds like a recipe for a bad vacation to me...

If he fucks up on WS, he will receive little mercy, and no one will come to his aid. If you back up your brother, which any loyal sibling would do, they will fuck you up also.

Act like an asshole, get treated like an asshole.  When you visit someone else's country, you should be polite and humble.  The way some tourists act here, I'm guessing they would get their ass kicked in their own country.  Why would Thailand be any different?

Sorry but i think your dead wrong, he may be an asshole but there is no need for six Thais to assalt him,

Happens way to much here, saw  a guy last week getting a kicking outside Sexy Airport in WS by about 8 doormen (THUGS), he may have been an asshole, i don't know,  but certainly doesn't warrant a kicking. 

Pussies don't want to get their asses kicked so they call in six on one, I had a fight once in Phuket it was three (Thais) and me. Started over one of them bumping into me while walking on a narrow street. Dude pushes me after he accidentally bumps into me, so I push him back and tell him to fuck off, next thing I know whack I get hit from behind with a piece of wood. Luckily i'm pretty large so it just phased me I grabbed the fucker that hit me with the board by the neck and was squeezing his trachea punk was turning purple, the two other dickwads were kicking me and throwing shit at me but the whole time I was blocking it with their friend who was close to passing out, I throw that guy in the road and then lunge after one of the two and they scurry off but seconds later behind me I see a huge fucking crowd of Thais, about 20 or so, I fucking sprinted like I was in the Olympics, ran down some Sois and into a shop stayed in there for like 20-minutes like I was looking for something special. I bought some crap went back to my hotel checked out went to airport and headed to Pattaya.

Would I do that again? YUP, because I aint no pussy and gonna let some fuck heads push me, sorry but thats just me. If I get a beat down oh well but I aint no punk and not gonna get punked in Thailand or any other country. I can take an ass beating and dish one out too.

Pussies don't want to get their asses kicked so they call in six on one, I had a fight once in Phuket it was three (Thais) and me. Started over one of them bumping into me while walking on a narrow street. Dude pushes me after he accidentally bumps into me, so I push him back and tell him to fuck off, next thing I know whack I get hit from behind with a piece of wood. Luckily i'm pretty large so it just phased me I grabbed the fucker that hit me with the board by the neck and was squeezing his trachea punk was turning purple, the two other dickwads were kicking me and throwing shit at me but the whole time I was blocking it with their friend who was close to passing out, I throw that guy in the road and then lunge after one of the two and they scurry off but seconds later behind me I see a huge fucking crowd of Thais, about 20 or so, I fucking sprinted like I was in the Olympics, ran down some Sois and into a shop stayed in there for like 20-minutes like I was looking for something special. I bought some crap went back to my hotel checked out went to airport and headed to Pattaya.

Would I do that again? YUP, because I aint no pussy and gonna let some fuck heads push me, sorry but thats just me. If I get a beat down oh well but I aint no punk and not gonna get punked in Thailand or any other country. I can take an ass beating and dish one out too.

They have hidden weapons. I know how you feel...one day a street wise victim will pay the right Thais... :GoldenSmile1: 

Yes, but the other side of the equation is that you treat your guests in a fair manner. Assaulting them as a group is far from fair. Both sides deserve blame and neither is innocent.

There's no such thing as a fair fight.

And we really cannot control the other side of the equation.  We can only control our side of the equation.  You are right, 6 Thai on 1 farang is not fair.  Welcome to Thailand.  Don't expect the Thais to fight fair anytime in the near future.  If the story is accurate, this farang could have avoided this situation.  If 6 Thai men were just out looking for a farang to beat up, that would be a totally different thing.  It sounds like this farang gave them an excuse.

Sorry but i think your dead wrong, he may be an asshole but there is no need for six Thais to assalt him,

Happens way to much here, saw  a guy last week getting a kicking outside Sexy Airport in WS by about 8 doormen (THUGS), he may have been an asshole, i don't know,  but certainly doesn't warrant a kicking. 

There is no need, but that really doesn't have anything to do with it.  This is the way things are here.  Tourists who come here might want to adapt to this fact and put an extra effort into avoiding trouble. 

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

If he fucks up on WS, he will receive little mercy, and no one will come to his aid. If you back up your brother, which any loyal sibling would do, they will fuck you up also.

Haha no. I'm thinking of making it clear to him before we go.

"Dude you can't handle your piss. If you get in the shit, and I tell you, we need to back down and we need to walk away, we walk away."

"If you decide to stay after I have told you we need to walk away, then I'm walking away."

My brother can be a complete wanker sometimes. And I'm not getting my arse kicked on his behalf. The only people who get their arse kicked in Pattaya are people who are asking for it.

Unlike that johnp7 guy, I would have said sorry to the guy that bumped into me and kept walking. End of story.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

no disrespect, I bet you're a good guy and good friend to have around in a pinch...

but not everybody makes it to a ripe old age friend...  a beat down in Thailand can be a full stop sort of thing...

Unlike that johnp7 guy, I would have said sorry to the guy that bumped into me and kept walking. End of story.

Oh, I thought that WAS your brother, haha!

:GoldenSmile1:

Haha no. I'm thinking of making it clear to him before we go.

"Dude you can't handle your piss. If you get in the shit, and I tell you, we need to back down and we need to walk away, we walk away."

"If you decide to stay after I have told you we need to walk away, then I'm walking away."

My brother can be a complete wanker sometimes. And I'm not getting my arse kicked on his behalf. The only people who get their arse kicked in Pattaya are people who are asking for it.

No dude you didn't read nor understand it correctly, dude bumped into me then pushed me for being in his way, which I wasn't. My initial reaction when someone bumps into me when I am minding my own business then pushes me for being in his way is to push back and say fuck you. I grew up with three older brothers and served in the military, so I have been in a few scrapes and have given plus taken ass beatings so I am not afraid of taking a hit and that's what puts some guys apart from others. Some have never been in a real fight so they don't know how to take a hit and are afraid of that initial shock to the system. In this case after I got whacked with that board I was pissed, yeah it fucking hurt but my anger was stronger than the pain and I wanted to kill that fucker, glad I didn't and ever more glad I got the fuck out of there before the lynch mob showed up. Trick with fighting with the Thais is to hit and run, get your licks in but don't stick around won't be fair they are wimps and small in stature so they don't know how to fight fair and have that face saving Asian bullshit so its a no win but I still aint gonna get pushed around by them but I don't go out starting shit either, I'm actually quite peaceful after all I am Canadian and we aint known for being Mike Tyson but Canadians are tougher than you think and we don't take bullshit.

• 6 months later...

You lads are right. This cunts stick together like fly on shit even if one of them is the guilty party. I was on bangla rd, stumbling home in the morning when I see 8 security guards punch on with 2 farangs all over a small argument about drinks they didn't order or got lost in translation. It started off with a fair fight 2on2 with the farangs giving the beating to the bossy little cunts. But then security from near by clubs went and participated like a royal rumble rather then cool the fight or not knowing any facts.

Archived