Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking for a new home for my Pit Bull

Rainfall

I need to return home in six weeks, and have to give away my best friend of the last 18 months. I know a number of Thais who'd like to take her, but would prefer a foreigner. Ideally someone who treats a dog with affection, hugs and pets her a lot. She is not used to be chained, you should have a walled or fenced in plot of land where she can run around freely and scare off potential burglars.

She is 21 months old, in excellent shape due to chasing around with one of the neighbour's dogs every day. Her weight is 70 lbs. Healthy, never needed the vet for anything than the regular vaccinations against virae, worms and ticks. Fairly obedient to the commands come, sit, down, up, stay, go potty etc. Socialized and friendly with people, and with most dogs. My live-in owns two poodles, they had 3 puppies last year, plus two Chihuahuas, the Pit never hurt any of them. Everything else that moves and strays into her territory is doomed, cats, rats, reptiles, snakes, scorpions, centipedes. She never barks unless someone comes to my home.

She's not neutered, but wasn't pregnant yet. Came into heat only once so far. Her name, fittingly, is Tiger.

Needs to be picked up in South Pattaya, I don't have a car. Mobile 089 0939 330.

post-113604-0-67846500-1389694777_thumb.jpg

post-113604-0-03496500-1389694806_thumb.jpg

post-113604-0-32317000-1389694832_thumb.jpg

post-113604-0-57809800-1389694852_thumb.jpg

[deleted]

Sorry when I read the headlines I was expecting maybe a picture of the missus-my mistake-hope you find a good new home for her :GoldenSmile1:

Tiger looks sad,  do you think he knows you are leaving

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

A wall or fence should be 2 metres tall or more, Pits jump this high. I asked the vet about the costs of neutering, it's 3,000 Baht. I think she senses that change is coming, but dogs are curious and adaptable. I gonna miss her for longer than she'll miss me.

[deleted]

telling a pitbull to 'go potty' lol

I always thought pitbulls looked mean and scary, but yours looks kind of cute. 

telling a pitbull to 'go potty' lol

I always thought pitbulls looked mean and scary, but yours looks kind of cute. 

try breaking in and see if it,s still looking kinda cute :Think1:

As an owner of one of those guys, you don't see them snarl at you, or other people, unless you teach them to be mean. The bulging muscles they get from exercise like weight pulling, and cropped ears and tail help the mean look. Didn't want any of it, and would have chosen a male if I had, anyway. The female Pits are way smaller. I discouraged her to use aggression, and avoided stuff that produces it like tug of war, or fights for food. Now she allows the Chihuahua to eat with her from her bowl. A couple of strange dogs that attacked her or our small dogs have learned that she's a formidable fighter, though.

A wall or fence should be 2 metres tall or more, Pits jump this high. I asked the vet about the costs of neutering, it's 3,000 Baht. I think she senses that change is coming, but dogs are curious and adaptable. I gonna miss her for longer than she'll miss me.

I empathize and regret your circumstances for having to leave her. I hope she finds a great home.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Good on you for caring where she goes mate I did some volunteering at soi dog foundation Phuket a few times over the years and the life of a dog can be severe in Thailand. I reckon if u can get her desexed ahead of wherever she goes thTs even more responsible, as will ensure no accidental litters happen. Soi dog policy is just that, sterilise all the soi dogs they treat. <br />As for pitbulls beig mean it's like the earlier poster wrote,the owners tends to create the monster (in their own image mostly or to make up for some deficiency) My pitbull turns 11 next month and has tangled with dogs before, latched onto one almost irrevocably once but never actually hurt any of them. They're very people friendly and just require some common sense in ownership. Hopefully some BM can take good care of her - chok dee <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

The Thais want her for breeding, healthy females are in short supply, and the import of Pits has been banned in Thailand for a number of years.

Which may not be the best life for her. I hope she finds a great home.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

A well raised pit can be one of the best dogs one ever knows, but a badly raised one can be a terrible danger. I wish you luck in finding a good home for her, I agree that a non-thai would be the best for her, Pits need a lot of attention and work, not a dog you can let roam the streets on it's own.

I need to return home in six weeks, and have to give away my best friend of the last 18 months. I know a number of Thais who'd like to take her, but would prefer a foreigner. Ideally someone who treats a dog with affection, hugs and pets her a lot. She is not used to be chained, you should have a walled or fenced in plot of land where she can run around freely and scare off potential burglars.

She is 21 months old, in excellent shape due to chasing around with one of the neighbour's dogs every day. Her weight is 70 lbs. Healthy, never needed the vet for anything than the regular vaccinations against virae, worms and ticks. Fairly obedient to the commands come, sit, down, up, stay, go potty etc. Socialized and friendly with people, and with most dogs. My live-in owns two poodles, they had 3 puppies last year, plus two Chihuahuas, the Pit never hurt any of them. Everything else that moves and strays into her territory is doomed, cats, rats, reptiles, snakes, scorpions, centipedes. She never barks unless someone comes to my home.

She's not neutered, but wasn't pregnant yet. Came into heat only once so far. Her name, fittingly, is Tiger.

Needs to be picked up in South Pattaya, I don't have a car. Mobile 089 0939 330.

Yeah, well I can understand your preference for Farangs.

She'd chomp though your ordinary Thai in a matter of minutes.

Hell, probably go through a whole village In a matter of weeks.

Now a Typical Pattaya retired Foreigner?

Keep her going for days.

:)

Though, might pick up a diet related alcohol problem, mind you.

Banned in Australia...

so what???

Fuck It, Before It Fucks You!

She's a loverly looking girl. I'd take her in a heart beat but I doubt our small house and yard would be the best place for her.  Hopefully someone with a big yard will turn up.

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

Common Sense?

Uninformed knee jerk over-reaction IMO

I'm keeping her locked up at the moment because she's in heat, exactly one year after the first time. Seems she does it only once per year. The small dogs barked like mad this afternoon, I went outside to look what's going on and find quite a large snake maybe 4 - 5 feet long. I secured the small dogs, girlfriend made a pic of the snake, and then I released Tiger to dispose of it. It got away in the minute or so it all took, probably trough the holes in the cover of the canalisation. Does anyone recognize the species of that snake? Poor pic.

post-113604-0-40014200-1390634617_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Banded Rat SnakePtyas mucosa maximus.

They get pretty big, and seem scary but they are non-venomous and probably good to have around to help keep the rats away.

5581834437_7cb0a68929_z.jpg

Archived