IGNORED

The Thai Archer

Scumbag

Since doing this review I have stayed at the Thai Archer many times. At one stage I had a room for 2 months straight. Earlier this week I left and I will not be returning.

As I didn't have number to contact them I just arrived with the hope that they had a room. I was in luck and they did. I said that I would probably stay until the 19th of this month. I also confirmed that there was still an internet connect. I also told him that the internet was important to me. The room that I was given was showing a lot of wear and tear and could have done with a bit of maintenance.

Everything else was OK except for one thing, the internet was very slow. At times it was taking up to 10 minutes for a page to download. Very occasionally it was reasonable for about a minute or two before becoming shit again. I approached the guy running the place and told him that it was no good. He said that the system was the same as before. I said that it was not as it was a lot slower now. I suggested that he turned the modem off then back on again and he said he would do it the next morning. The next day the internet was just as slow and I told him when I seen him. He more or less shrugged his shoulders.

Two days later the net was even slower than normal and I decided it was time to move. I went to pick up some laundry and on the spur of the moment went to check out Pasadena Lodge as it is next to the laundry that I use. I looked at a couple of rooms and asked about the internet. All looked good and I said I would return the next day to check out the internet. I was told no problem and off I went.

The guy running the Thai Archer also operates a bar 2 doors down. As I walked past the bar he called me over and asked if I could pay the bill he had given me the day before for payment up to the 19th. I told him that I wasn

Edited by Chezney

• 11 months later...

For the 700 or so baht this place cost it is definitely one of the best deals in town. If you can get one of the rooms in the back it will be a bit quieter but the soi quiets down around 2am. I have stayed here for years and never told anyone about because they don't have that many rooms and they are usually booked. I don't stay there any more because I'm to easily spotted by a regular I don't see anymore who works across the street. Bob's BBQ is right across the street and they will deliver to your room as an added bonus. They close the place up are around 3am so you have to enter through a side entrance after then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thai Archer was my favorite place to stay at as well shortly after opening, it was only 10000 baht a month, great room with two balconies, loved the dimmer on the spotlights in the room at night!

Came back a year later to see the ownership had changed, restaurant was gone and staff been changed at well, and they asked for 15000 baht a month, never stayed there again!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Just stayed three nights at the Thai Archer. The rate was 700 baht per night and I had the best room in the place, #301. Quite and the air was ICE cold. I've stayed here probably 50 times and have always had a good experience. This last trip I forgot a pair of shorts which had my passport in the pocket which they safely held for me. A really laid back place and I feel one of the best values in town. Another great thing is that Bob BBQ is right across the street so you can stop in there and place your order and they will deliver it over to your room. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here some new info. homepage www.thethaiarcher.com and visit also our fb www.facebook.com/pages/The-Thai-Archer-Pattaya/145773632138310

Hope you guys come to visit us

Kai & Yui