IGNORED

The Thai Archer

Scumbag

The Thai Archer is located on Soi LK Metro and offers apartment style accommodation. Soi LK Metro is a new area near the corner to Soi Diana Inn and Soi Buakaow. Unlike most of Thailand some planning has gone into this soi and all the buildings are of a similar design. The soi has a selection of bars, restaurants, gogo bars and the famous Lolita

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

How much? How does it Compare with Metro Apartments?

I can't quite remember how much it is otherwise I would have posted it. I think last trip it was somewhere in the region of 700b a night. I'll do some checking very soon.

The Thai Archer is very similar to Metro Apartments. If it wasn't for a bad experience that I had at Metro Apartment I would probably be staying there. One advantage of the rooms that I have had at the Thai Archer is there is a desk where I could use my laptop. The room that I had in Metro Apartments had nowhere that I could comfortably use my laptop.

Another advantage of The Thai Archer over Metro Apartments is that you are not required to stick your key holder into any slots to have the electricity to come on. You can leave the air-conditioner running if you wish.

Also any ladies that you take back to the room are not required to leave their ID at reception. I guess if you ask them to they would. This can be an advantage or disadvantage depending on your own personal feelings on this issue.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

IDs is not normally an issue with me. At Metro there was nobody waiting around at 4-5am for an ID anyway. Not that I've ever had them ask at anytime. You know me same same girl whole trip. One of the girls downstairs did mention to my LT GFE that I had taken a ST up to the room while she went to Bangkok one day. Other than that I never had an issue at Metro. I won't fuck this thread on you I will save my comments for an appropriate thread. Thanks for the info the Thai Archer sounds good.

do they have a website?

Not at this stage.

Oh shit I just remembered that I forgot to put their email and phone number in the original post. I meant to do that and I will edit it.

Oh shit I just remembered that I forgot to put their email and phone number in the original post. I meant to do that and I will edit it.

Doh!!! :Stupid4:

Stayed at them both and are they are both excellent value for money. Obviously they both do not have a swimming pool.

The Metro Apartments are slightly more expensive. There is nothing in it as far as I am concerned and would recommend both. I know Scumbag enjoys the Wi fi in the room, which does not bother me too much and also had a small problem with Metro which did give me a cause for concern also.

I also like them both as I love the area.

Stayed at them both and are they are both excellent value for money. Obviously they both do not have a swimming pool.

I learnt something at the very end of my last trip. Apparently all of the buildings on Soi LK Metro are owned by the LK Metropole (I have not verified that.) What I was told is that if you are staying on that soi you can use the swimming pool at LK Metropole. I have yet to test this.

Sorry you were mis-informed.I have stayed 3 times on LKMetro for 30 days each time and can assure members that firstly all buildings here are NOT owned by the Metropole group and the only other accomodation allowed to use their facilities (Free of charge) is the "Keerati Home Stay".

Here is a link to an aerial photo showing the location of Soi LK Metro and The Thai Archer. It also shows the location of the soon to be opened Eden Club.

Soi LK Metro

• 1 month later...
Another advantage of The Thai Archer over Metro Apartments is that you are not required to stick your key holder into any slots to have the electricity to come on. You can leave the air-conditioner running if you wish.

If this does happen to you - just ask for 2 keys then you can always leave one in the slot to keep the aircon running. Thats what I have always done throughout Thailand and no hotel has ever refused it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 months later...

two keys to leave the A/C on ?

that defeats their purpose of not having the A/Cs running all day while the vistitors are outdoors

I usually just take the key off the ring that connects it to the A/C card and leave it that way

BONE-afide Sex Maniac

Stayed at the Thai Archer 3 times & agree with everything written. Great value for money.

The only minor problems I had was the in safe now has a key. Where do you hide the key? And have to keep your room key with you all the times as reception closes up late at night.

Also after the owner died does anyone know whether his wife is carrying on as heard may have been sold?

I learnt something at the very end of my last trip. Apparently all of the buildings on Soi LK Metro are owned by the LK Metropole (I have not verified that.) What I was told is that if you are staying on that soi you can use the swimming pool at LK Metropole. I have yet to test this.

The shop houses in Soi LK Metro were all for sale before construction started. Our friends bought 3 shops houses and made them into a guesthouse called PV apartments. They now lease out the building and it is called Traveller's Rest.

Maybe LK Metropole own the buildings that didn't get sold. Who knows.

Edited by thegrogmonster

Also after the owner died does anyone know whether his wife is carrying on as heard may have been sold?

She is running the business at the moment. I have no idea if the place is up for sale or not.

• 3 months later...

I have a little more detail to add. If you are looking for a room for a month during low season the rate is 13500B per month plus electricity. I am keeping my room there until the 1st of September. As this is longer term I am paying 12000B per month.

It is easier to call her mobile if you are interested in making a booking: +66 (0)89 60 28897. Her name is Rat.

• 7 months later...
She is running the business at the moment. I have no idea if the place is up for sale or not.

It turns out that she has sold the place and now has a different owner. You can contact them on +66 38 72 0948. This is a land line and it is probably best to try during the day.

• 3 months later...

Since doing this review I have stayed at the Thai Archer many times. At one stage I had a room for 2 months straight. Earlier this week I left and I will not be returning.

As I didn't have number to contact them I just arrived with the hope that they had a room. I was in luck and they did. I said that I would probably stay until the 19th of this month. I also confirmed that there was still an internet connect. I also told him that the internet was important to me. The room that I was given was showing a lot of wear and tear and could have done with a bit of maintenance.

Everything else was OK except for one thing, the internet was very slow. At times it was taking up to 10 minutes for a page to download. Very occasionally it was reasonable for about a minute or two before becoming shit again. I approached the guy running the place and told him that it was no good. He said that the system was the same as before. I said that it was not as it was a lot slower now. I suggested that he turned the modem off then back on again and he said he would do it the next morning. The next day the internet was just as slow and I told him when I seen him. He more or less shrugged his shoulders.

Two days later the net was even slower than normal and I decided it was time to move. I went to pick up some laundry and on the spur of the moment went to check out Pasadena Lodge as it is next to the laundry that I use. I looked at a couple of rooms and asked about the internet. All looked good and I said I would return the next day to check out the internet. I was told no problem and off I went.

The guy running the Thai Archer also operates a bar 2 doors down. As I walked past the bar he called me over and asked if I could pay the bill he had given me the day before for payment up to the 19th. I told him that I wasn’t sure how long I would be staying. At this point he lost the plot saying that I said I would be staying until the 19th. I said yes I did indicate that but the internet was shit and that he obviously didn't want to try to have it fixed. He was now very angry. He again said that it was the same as before and I said that it was not. Anyway he went on ranting and demanded all the money the following day. I lost my temper at this point and just said 'no problem, I leave tomorrow. Have the bill redone' and I walked away.

I then took the computer back to the room. Grabbed the original bill he had given me and went to the ATM to get his money. On paying him he again ranted about shit and how the internet was the same. He was still doing it as he completed me receipt. I grabbed the recept from him as I was sick of his shit and walked back up to the room.

It is a shame that this idiot is running the place now. There is nothing wrong with the place but I don't need shit like that. I want things to work and if they aren't the people running the place should make some effort to have it corrected. I hope this guy is not around for long.

As a side note the cleaner told my girl about another incident that he had. There was a guy staying at the Archer for 2 years. He left after having some words with the guy running the place now.

I went straight to the room grabbed my laptop and headed back to Pasadena to check out the internet. On the way out he handed me an new bill for 7 nights. I started to walk away with it and he said that I had to pay it now and I could not keep his original bill. I said that I had to go to the bank. He again lost it saying that I was doing wrong by him and that he was going to call the police. I gave back his bill and said 'no problem, go call the police, I will be back in 10 minutes.' I tested the internet at Pasadena Lodge and booked a room for the next day.

You lost your temper? Damn, that I gotta see. But I agree, you dont need that shit. Pasadena looked good, I personally didnt like the vibe of the main lady working there so decided to go elsewhere but they do have decent rooms.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

The Metro Apartments are slightly more expensive. There is nothing in it as far as I am concerned and would recommend both. I know Scumbag enjoys the Wi fi in the room, which does not bother me too much and also had a small problem with Metro which did give me a cause for concern also.

I also like them both as I love the area.

Hi so do you have a recommendation in this area that does have a pool.

I am often in Bangmykok on business and keep moving hotels, trying to find something that suits me, however when a guest of another company all stay at Shangri La on the Chao Phraya river.

HD

Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, Skinny Girls, I love em, I love em , I love those little BFMs

Since doing this review I have stayed at the Thai Archer many times. At one stage I had a room for 2 months straight. Earlier this week I left and I will not be returning.

As I didn't have number to contact them I just arrived with the hope that they had a room. I was in luck and they did. I said that I would probably stay until the 19th of this month. I also confirmed that there was still an internet connect. I also told him that the internet was important to me. The room that I was given was showing a lot of wear and tear and could have done with a bit of maintenance.

Everything else was OK except for one thing, the internet was very slow. At times it was taking up to 10 minutes for a page to download. Very occasionally it was reasonable for about a minute or two before becoming shit again. I approached the guy running the place and told him that it was no good. He said that the system was the same as before. I said that it was not as it was a lot slower now. I suggested that he turned the modem off then back on again and he said he would do it the next morning. The next day the internet was just as slow and I told him when I seen him. He more or less shrugged his shoulders.

Two days later the net was even slower than normal and I decided it was time to move. I went to pick up some laundry and on the spur of the moment went to check out Pasadena Lodge as it is next to the laundry that I use. I looked at a couple of rooms and asked about the internet. All looked good and I said I would return the next day to check out the internet. I was told no problem and off I went.

The guy running the Thai Archer also operates a bar 2 doors down. As I walked past the bar he called me over and asked if I could pay the bill he had given me the day before for payment up to the 19th. I told him that I wasn’t sure how long I would be staying. At this point he lost the plot saying that I said I would be staying until the 19th. I said yes I did indicate that but the internet was shit and that he obviously didn't want to try to have it fixed. He was now very angry. He again said that it was the same as before and I said that it was not. Anyway he went on ranting and demanded all the money the following day. I lost my temper at this point and just said 'no problem, I leave tomorrow. Have the bill redone' and I walked away.

I then took the computer back to the room. Grabbed the original bill he had given me and went to the ATM to get his money. On paying him he again ranted about shit and how the internet was the same. He was still doing it as he completed me receipt. I grabbed the recept from him as I was sick of his shit and walked back up to the room.

It is a shame that this idiot is running the place now. There is nothing wrong with the place but I don't need shit like that. I want things to work and if they aren't the people running the place should make some effort to have it corrected. I hope this guy is not around for long.

As a side note the cleaner told my girl about another incident that he had. There was a guy staying at the Archer for 2 years. He left after having some words with the guy running the place now.

I went straight to the room grabbed my laptop and headed back to Pasadena to check out the internet. On the way out he handed me an new bill for 7 nights. I started to walk away with it and he said that I had to pay it now and I could not keep his original bill. I said that I had to go to the bank. He again lost it saying that I was doing wrong by him and that he was going to call the police. I gave back his bill and said 'no problem, go call the police, I will be back in 10 minutes.' I tested the internet at Pasadena Lodge and booked a room for the next day.

I love these sort of people in the hospitality industry that insist on telling the customer that nothing is actually wrong and that they arent going to do anything about it anyway!!! I think he probably lost it cause low season sounds as if its been Really quiet. His loss!!

As for threatening to call the cops on you, what an utter cock head.

Is he a ferang?

Testicles

I love these sort of people in the hospitality industry that insist on telling the customer that nothing is actually wrong and that they arent going to do anything about it anyway!!! I think he probably lost it cause low season sounds as if its been Really quiet. His loss!!

As for threatening to call the cops on you, what an utter cock head.

Is he a ferang?

He's Belgian.

Some of these guys have no clue about running a business now they have lost a good customer tough luck, have you got any pics of the rooms at the Pasadena Lodge ?

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Some of these guys have no clue about running a business now they have lost a good customer tough luck, have you got any pics of the rooms at the Pasadena Lodge ?

Yes. I'm planning on doing a review after I leave in a week.