Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Living a year in phuket, Thailand. Advise wanted

sooty

I am able to take a career break at work for a year and i'm looking into coming to thailand either for 6 months or the whole year, next year - 2015

Potentially i could teach but i'm not sure i want to. Really i just want to take a year out and maybe improve / broaden my IT skills and then when the year is out try out a new career back home

Was looking at the education visa. I was half entertaining the idea of taking up Muay Thai but then read they train six hours a day; that's not what i am looking for. 

I know that its quite popular to get a visa  by learning the thai language. Again, i'm not sure i want to learn the thai language. 

Was just wondering if anyone had any advise. because really i just want to stay in thailand for an extended period and enjoy a different pace of life. If i have to study to do it that is fine but i want a course with few hours. I do have the money to support myself for a year in thailand

I am able to take a career break at work for a year and i'm looking into coming to thailand either for 6 months or the whole year, next year - 2015

Potentially i could teach but i'm not sure i want to. Really i just want to take a year out and maybe improve / broaden my IT skills and then when the year is out try out a new career back home

Was looking at the education visa. I was half entertaining the idea of taking up muay thai but then read they train six hours a day; that's not what i am looking for. 

I know that its quite popular to get a visa  by learning the thai language. Again, i'm not sure i want to learn the thai language. 

Was just wondering if anyone had any advise. because really i just want to stay in thailand for an extended period and enjoy a different pace of life. If i have to study to do it that is fine but i want a course with few hours. I do have the money to support myself for a year in thailand

I am unsure of the number of hours that qualify you for learning Thai but I don't think it is a lot. Unless you are 50 years old or older it is probably the best bet.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

most schools require like 4 hours/week to get ur one year visa or something like 220 hours.  cost u about $28,000 baht plus a visa run to Penang

As ur english u get 30 day visa exempt at borders, so u could do visa runs every month from Phuket to Ranong an that would cost u about 2,000 baht /trip

actallu cheaper than the 1 year ed visa  :-)

Not to hard to do.

I see you place liivng in Phuket,  Good choice, better life here than Pattaya,( especailly the low season)  great food, beaches, things to do an u get a mix of Moslem/Buddhits

Bear in Mind it is apx 25% cost more to live here than anywhere else in Thailand

BUT after

28 years I still love it here

just get a triple entry visa from your consulate with extensions will do 9 months and you can get double entries from nearby consulate in malaysia if extension.  they are cracking down in ed visas so you may actually have to pretend you are learning thai in a classroom.

KL Malaysia will ony issue single entry and Penang will issue u a single  BUT will NOT issue u a visa IF u had an extension done on a tourist visa, ( is paid 1,900 for a 30 day extension)

Singpaore will issue u a single entry if u have not had more than 2 in the previous year

Laos will issue a double tourist visa,

while Bali will issue a triple  :-)

Archived