IGNORED

Extra services from Thai airways

ringadingding

Just found some additional services that Thai airways provides and these could be cheaper than other Fast Track services.

http://www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_special_offers_desc.asp?special_cat=Special%20Offers&id=343

'Meet and Greet' packages are available at Suvarnabhumi Bangkok International Airport for either departing or arriving passengers from $24* per person and Royal Silk Business Class lounge access is available for stays of up to 2.5 hours from $44 per person.  Please note that rates are subject to change.

Conditions apply. *Based on a mimimum of 2 adults travelling together. Packages are available exclusively to travellers travelling on THAI flights and ticketed for travel on THAI. To book contact your travel agent or THAI reservations on 1300 651 960 or email[email protected].

Not sure of your situation financially but booking direct with Thai is usually a very expensive choice, in the UK  booking Thai is often cheaper indirect so the offer is void. A lot of PA on here don't give a thought to prices but I have to, I again, am ditching my favourite airline Thai because I have to be cost conscious now and saving £189 for a 3 hour stopover (that is not India) has become more attractive and that's how I did it many years ago.

GEEZERRB,

3hr stopover>

What about the stopover coming back, everyone seems to forget about the stopover on the trip home, in their bid to save some money 

Not sure of your situation financially but booking direct with Thai is usually a very expensive choice, in the UK  booking Thai is often cheaper indirect so the offer is void. A lot of PA on here don't give a thought to prices but I have to, I again, am ditching my favourite airline Thai because I have to be cost conscious now and saving £189 for a 3 hour stopover (that is not India) has become more attractive and that's how I did it many years ago.

There are only 2 direct flights from Melbourne - Thai and Jetstar. 

Jetstar is the budget airline and cost varies from $450 - $760 (shoulder or off peak season).

Thai varies from 700 - $1,000.

Yes. Thai is little bit more expensive and I mostly chose Jetstar. But, it is so painful to hear the announcement of Thai leaving on time when Jetstar is late. Jetstar has been late 25% of time by 30 minutes to 2 hours. 

Archived