IGNORED

What do most of the wall outlets look like in Thailand?

windman657

Ill be bringing a converter (220 or 230 to 120v), but it only has one outlet on it. My Camcorder has its own converter, so I need to see if I already have the right adapter, you know for charging other stuff. I've seen one post that said his hotel had "American type 3 prong outlets". Is this common? I attached a pic of what the american type looks like. Still haven't booked hotel, working on it...

Ill be bringing a converter (220 or 230 to 120v), but it only has one outlet on it. My Camcorder has its own converter, so I need to see if I already have the right adapter, you know for charging other stuff. I've seen one post that said his hotel had "American type 3 prong outlets". Is this common? I attached a pic of what the american type looks like. Still haven't booked hotel, working on it...

with a comverter, you'll be fine. i used one and im from the states. just be sure not to use the converter for too long (i think mine was 3 hrs max. it starts to smell funny and gets really hot).

all the hotels i went to had the normal electrical prong in your picture.

thailand is 220 in wattage

http://treehouse.ofb.net/go/en/voltage/Thailand

also, if you have a dell computer, you wont need the converter, which is really convenient.

Here you go mate http://www.travel-images.com/electric-plugs.html

Thai ones are not 3holers (no earth)

GREAT! Thanks alot guys, my plugs are actually just 2 prong, so it sounds like I'm good to go! BTW, I thought a guy could find the 3 holers around, but they just cost a few more Baht? :D (Yes it was just to obvious to pass up!!!)