IGNORED

visa extension

Garf66

Apologies if asked before but I cannot find a definitive answer. My mate is currently in Samui on a 30 day entrance visa and needs to extend for another month. He says he can extend in Samui but only for 7 days. He is coming to Pattaya in a couple of weeks and is wondering if he can get an extra 30 days in Jomtien or will he need a border run? Thanks in advance.

Apologies if asked before but I cannot find a definitive answer. My mate is currently in Samui on a 30 day entrance visa and needs to extend for another month. He says he can extend in Samui but only for 7 days. He is coming to Pattaya in a couple of weeks and is wondering if he can get an extra 30 days in Jomtien or will he need a border run? Thanks in advance.

On a 30 day visa exemption.... which is what your mate is currently staying on.... AFAIK, you can only get 7 days extension.. So if he needs a further 30 days, a border run will cover that.

Can only extend a 30 day visa waiver by 7 days. Needs to do a border run will get 30 days if from uk.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Yes, he can.

Go to the visa place right next to immigration. Everything is possible there.

I just got a 30 day extension after my 30 day border run stamp was up.

Going for the Ed Visa soon.

I love animals…..especially with mashed ‘taters & gravy.

If he can afford it and wants to forgo a trip to the border, there is a place on Soi Six.  It was 8,500 baht, they did all the work without leaving the country or border run.  This included a 6 day overstay.  Picked up my passport the next day and all was good.   Its much cheaper to do it yourself I am sure.  Like everyone else, those border runs are a pain....thinking about waking up at 5:00 am, the long drive---If you can afford it a great way to avoid it.

I think if I had the time though, a border run can be fun.  A good book, comfortable van (VIP), cheap presents at the border.  It's a great way to get out of Pattaya for a day in any case. 

This is definitely a budget call.   

Just a throw in.  One time we rented a car for 6,000 baht, three of us and did a border run.   Stopped a few nights in Koh Chang.  Hired someone to do the paperwork at the border for 500 baht --we were hung over.  In and out.   That was one of the funnest trips, Koh Chang is very nice and lots of action!  Having your own truck----great for stopping and sightseeing!

If he can afford it and wants to forgo a trip to the border, there is a place on Soi six.  It was 8,500 baht, they did all the work without leaving the country or border run.  This included a 6 day overstay.  Picked up my passport the next day and all was good.   Its much cheaper to do it yourself I am sure.  Like everyone else, those border runs are a pain....thinking about waking up at 5:00 am, the long drive---If you can afford it a great way to avoid it.

Definitely to be avoided If you dont physically leave the country the visa is invalid Now even if the visa process is done on your passport i.e. a bit of tea money to the Cambodian and Thai Border guys rather than the guy putting his own stamp on it If caught then you have overstayed so straight to prison then the airport and out of the country all at your own expense

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

I paid 8,000 for mine, so I guess that is the going rate.

Just got back from a border run about an hour ago with the same company Visa 2 Britain.
Good service, but GD what a hassle.
Seems like immigration could come up with a better system.....or maybe they prefer it this way for the extra tea money, and more jobs for the locals.

I don't mind paying 2,000 to 2,500 a month.....but this up at 5am and back at 3pm, and putting your life in the drivers hands, shit sucks!
If I have to get another one, will just go for the Ed visa.

I love animals…..especially with mashed ‘taters & gravy.

• 4 weeks later...

My 3 entry visa has just ran out but i did the boarder run in December so I've got stamp until 24th Feb. Whats my otions after that as a want to stay a few months longer

Can I still do a boarder run every month to Cambodia as I don't mind doing them?

How long can you keep doing them for?

My 3 entry visa has just ran out but i did the boarder run in December so I've got stamp until 24th Feb. Whats my otions after that as a want to stay a few months longer

Can I still do a boarder run every month to Cambodia as I don't mind doing them?

How long can you keep doing them for?

If you received your stamp till 24 Feb on your last entry, you may still apply for a 30-day extention in-country.

That will give you till 24 Mar (or 23).

After that you have a number of options.

1. Visa runs to Cambodia each 30-days visa waiver (visa required to Cambodia)

2. Another trip out of country each 30-days for another visa waiver.

3. A trip to another country like PH, MY, SG, etc. Spend a couple of days and apply for a new tourist visa for double or single entry. Each entry for 60+30 days, but last entry within 90 days.

+30 days extention for a 60-day stamp = 1900 baht and same price for +7 days on a 30-day visa waiver stamp.

Some visa shope have "connections" and can get you an extra 30 days on a visa waiver ... but more expensive (1900 + Tea for two people)

More: http://boomboomme.co...ie/visa_faq.htm

Archived