Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

flipper lodge ,good or bad

sawatdeekap

hi guys ,

stayed at the flipperlodge a few times over the years (last time 3 years ago).

stayed at various locations since but like the area on soi 8 .

whats the info on the hotel now ,

cleanliness ,, girl friendly , security , food , etc

any info would be welcome please .

thanks ,,

stayed at flipper lodge in august.

stayed in the renovated B wing,clean modern rooms like you can see on there website.

securityguy at desk near reception,takes girls ID when you take a girl to room ,and gives phonecall to your room,to get confermation everything is ok when she leaves.

safes were at reception,but i think suites have in room safes,i stayed in superior room.

friendly staff,as always.

lunch /brunch  buffet open until 1 pm,western and asian food.

only down side no free wifi,but can buy cards at reception.

hotel has good mix of nationalitys visiting.

was as good as ever.

i have stayed at both of them on 7 and on 8 just because of their location and the pools on the roofs , basically because until about 2-3 years ago Sois 7&8 were still rocking to some extent , also Eastiny were good , and they werent far to drag my drunken arse home , but since the downturn in bars in the area i find the soi Lengkee , Bakao area a better option for partying and for the prices of rooms

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed here years back, good old days.

My advice is soi 8 is now a very poor soi & not what it was.

Last time I was walking down soi 8 it had many lady boy bars & most bars closed or boarded up.

I took some pics from memory.

Sad for me as soi 8 was the best soi for me.

The building B is good to go, 2 stars hotel with 3 stars standard. And location is good for shopping too. If you need a place for sleeping, this place is enough.

Jack Frost I can not totally agree with you. Ofcourse, soi 8 changed unfortunately, but if I know have only one bar full of LBs. Yes it is not old good soi 8, but still is alive and You can find still good bars.

FL is good hotel.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. Mixed reactions!!

Having the whole of Pattaya to choose a hotel from, I chose Flipper House. Girl-frieldly Reviews that I read and the proximity to action (beach road, Soi6, soi honey etc made me select this. Did I do wrong in choosing Flipper? Last thing I would want is to be accosted by a Ladyboy every time I enter/exit the hotel !

Advice please ... I still have the option to change.

My First Trip Report  - A Pattaya TR from a non-Farang Perspective

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

I wont pay Bahts for the pleasure

- that I'll give back in equal measure

But next morning when the deed is done

Take your Bahts ... and be up and gone !!

dont wory ,flipper house is a great girlfriendly hotel ,on a great location near bahtbus routes .

friendly staff,good brunch ,open until 1 pm.

in soi 7 there are some bars with mixed ladyboy and bargirl staff,as long as you are not rude towards them and dont make eyecontact yourself there wont be a problem.

many repeat customers for flippergroup hotels.

only downside i can think of is wifi is not free. 

Jack Frost I can not totally agree with you. Ofcourse, soi 8 changed unfortunately, but if I know have only one bar full of LBs. Yes it is not old good soi 8, but still is alive and You can find still good bars.

FL is good hotel.

Not found any thing good in soi 8 for a few years.

I will try to find the pics from 2013 of a very closed down soi 8.

Hmmm. Mixed reactions!!

Having the whole of Pattaya to choose a hotel from, I chose Flipper House. Girl-frieldly Reviews that I read and the proximity to action (beach road, soi6, soi honey etc made me select this. Did I do wrong in choosing Flipper? Last thing I would want is to be accosted by a Ladyboy every time I enter/exit the hotel !

Advice please ... I still have the option to change.

Flipper Lodge is in soi 7 & its all ok in this soi.

Flipper Lodge is in soi 7 & its all ok in this soi.

Flipper Lodge is on Soi 8, Flipper House on Soi 7. Both belong to same Flipper Group and have about same prices and policies. Main difference netween House and Lodge is, that all rooms in Lodge are without balcony, but in House B and C-wing rooms have small balconies. http://www.flipperhotels.com/

Old Fart

Jack Frost  Flipper Lodge is in soi 8, not soi 7.  In soi 7 is Flipper House.

It is your opinion, but I am convinced that soi 8 still have plenty of good bars and entertainment.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Flipper Lodge is great and Soi 8 has picked up last few years. It's going all night including live music and is a great area to stumble home to after WS or whatever else. Yes a few ladyboys, but up to you.

Thanks guys - for all the info ... but I must admit a wee bit of confusion.

I'm staying @ Flipper House on Soi 7. Can we have a bit of clarity on this please.... thanks!!

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

Yes Lodge in 8 & House in 7.

Soi 7 is still fine but Soi 8 has gone from a great soi to a dot of its former glory.

Some pics from my last walk down soi 8 in 2013.

DSC01585.JPG

DSC01587.JPG

DSC01589.JPG

DSC01591.JPG

DSC01595.JPG

DSC01598.JPG

Empty at best.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm staying @ Flipper House on Soi 7. Can we have a bit of clarity on this please.... thanks!!

My favourite hotel. Girl friendly, nice pool, good breakfast (till 1pm!). Soi 7 is also nice, lots of good bars and funny girls there.

I stayed at Flipper House. Good location. Here are some pics. The only problem is there is no safe in the room. They have safes behind reception but it is hard to access after midnight if the staff aren't friendly. One time I had to offer a 100 baht tip just to access my own money.

post-85852-0-10132400-1393035551.jpg

post-85852-0-98806200-1393035553.jpg

post-85852-0-61417600-1393035555.jpg

post-85852-0-96707500-1393035579.jpg

post-85852-0-50646100-1393035581.jpg

post-85852-0-63550100-1393035582.jpg

post-85852-0-73220200-1393035583.jpg

post-85852-0-70080200-1393035611.jpg

I stayed at Flipper House. Good location. Here are some pics. The only problem is there is no safe in the room. They have safes behind reception but it is hard to access after midnight if the staff aren't friendly. One time I had to offer a 100 baht tip just to access my own money.

Thanks. Nice Pics.

I guess I'll have to carry more cash than planned...

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

flipper house is a nice decent hotel with good bf till 1 am and nice location at soi 7 which is far more active and lively as compared to the neighbor soi 8. 2 downs, 1. no safe in room 2. no free wifi, its seems the hotel is still in 20th century, pay for wi fi?

I have stayed at flipper lodge twice, there are SOME rooms that have been renovated and do have safes... the cost of the internet is minimal, and if you get a renovated room they are very nice...  second stay I spent one night in a room that wasn't renovated, it was pretty beat up and tacky...

I think the B wing, 5th floor is where I have had the good rooms...  no balconies, I have heard flipper house on soi 7 has balconies...

Archived