Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Test spinner Graeme Swann retires from England duty with immediate effect

ProudAussie

TEST spinner Graeme Swann has retired from cricket with immediate effect, adding further turmoil to a disastrous Ashes tour for England.

The 34-year-old finishes his career with 255 wickets in 60 Tests at an average of 29.96.

Swann has had a disappointing Ashes tour of Australia, taking just seven wickets at 80 in the first three Tests as the hosts reclaimed the urn.

He is now set to leave Australia mid series, with England trailing 3-0 heading into the final two Tests in Melbourne and Sydney.

Swann revealed the decision to quit the game in The Sun newspaper, for which he is a regular columnist.

"I know people will be surprised by the suddenness of the decision and the fact that I'm making myself unavailable for the final two Tests of the Ashes series," Swann said.

"I'd hoped that, when we walked out for the fifth Test in Sydney on January 3, it would have been with a chance of winning or retaining the Ashes. But that has gone now."

Swann will hold an press conference to officially confirm the decision at 11.30am AEDT today, where he is also expected to explain the reasons behind the shock announcement.

Sooky la la, cant win so taking the bat and ball, going home. They should have brought the Super Nanny on this tour.

e7ygezab.jpg

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Very funny Nixon!    :LMFAO:

Bet the poms think its as funny as a turd in your pants  :hello09:

Sooky la la, cant win so taking the bat and ball, going home. They should have brought the Super Nanny on this tour. e7ygezab.jpg Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Agree how pathetic is that hasnt even got the balls to see the whole series out another Michael Vaughan imo........ :Cry4:

We might have to lend them some local club players, so we get a half decent Boxind Day Test. It is school holidays so they should be able to pick up some talent.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Sooky la la, cant win so taking the bat and ball, going home. They should have brought the Super Nanny on this tour. 

Agree how pathetic is that hasnt even got the balls to see the whole series out another Michael Vaughan imo........ :Cry4:

He might have been told, and then given a choice to bow out on his own terms or be sent home?

What a load of shit! Swann was obviously going to be dropped for the rest of the tour anyway & opted for the easy way out.

The Aussie's worked out his bowling it seems but also he wasn't really turning the ball anyway! 

who pays his wages when he suddenly decides to pack his bags and f==== off home

any holes a goal

Archived