IGNORED

Songkran stay recommendation?

Soiroused

Still undecided on where to book my stay so I'm trying again with a bit more specific.

Solo traveller. First time to pattaya. Not new to the game.

12 days staying in Pattaya. Budget 1800-2000 tB a night.

Requirements. Heart of the scene. Great wifi. Great toilets.

Gf friendly. 18-19 yo allowed.

Would try booking one of the rooms on soi LK Metro.

Google - drunken duck, soi LK, Irish rovers, soi LK, Billabong bar soi lk Pattaya.

Also nearby guesthouse 500bht a night across the road from funhouse a go go on soi LK - the Patcharat hotel

Heart of the scene, plenty party's, and short waking distance to best of the action, soi 7 & 8 etc through soi bukow then new plaza

Page 10  on soi 10 would be good, may be a bit more baht, like 2400 I think tho...  I like flipper lodge on soi 8, that's right in the heart of the action for songkran for sure... very decent place and well within your budget...

Shit just noticed your budget per nights 1-2k, when first looked somehow thought you meant total spending £ was 1-2k so was thinking on cheaper side... April Suites would meet all requirements, or as above flipper lodge etc to rly be in the action ha

Sois 7-8 are water carnage all week from 12-19/4.  I stayed at View Talay 6 via Dancewatchers room 26-1004, thats a good location.  I also think Soi 10 at Page 10 or Sea Me Spring or Whitehouse Condotel are great locations.  You are less likely to get drowned daily if you stay Soi 10-13 as there are fewer bars between there and Walking Street.  

Just depends on your tolerance of getting drowned daily.  Baht buses full of Russians are sitting ducks.....

Its hot in April so water isnt too bad.   Ive done 8 songkrans and prefer other times now.

Hmm. I can't find Soi 10 on the mike baird's pattaya map. Where would it be? Page 10 looks excellent.

Umm.... It's between sois 9 and 11

Songkran is the worst time of the year to be in Pattaya, 8 days or so of getting soaking wet is no fun, I can enjoy one day in Bkk but this year I am going to Philippines for the duration of Songkran and coming back to Thai after that.

Having said that August Suites are great, 1950 baht, LK Royal Suite hotel is fantastic 1600 baht, Areca Lodge hotel is also favourite of mine 1800 baht. Many hotel options, another option would be to book a room for 1 or 2 nights, short list your hotel options and check them out on the first day. Nothing worse than booking something you are not happy with.

Enjoy! :2Cents1:

The Diplomat has it right, just book say 3 nights and you will find loads of places when you get there and have time on your hands. Good luck.

sabai lodge on soi 2 or sabai wing on soi 1

its on the baht bus route

and far enough away from the noise of the bars

has one of the best swimming pools in pattaya for its guests

well with in your price range

guest friendly with no extra charge

close to Soi 6 within walking distance

book for a couple of days and see how you get on

google sabai lodge pattaya

has clean toilets

most hotels now have wifi

hope this of some help

have stayed in two of the sabai hotels, and would agree on all points, except they do charge 500 baht for a second girl...

otherwise a great option...

Still undecided on where to book my stay so I'm trying again with a bit more specific.

Solo traveller. First time to pattaya. Not new to the game.

12 days staying in Pattaya. Budget 1800-2000 tB a night.

Requirements. Heart of the scene. Great wifi. Great toilets.

Gf friendly. 18-19 yo allowed.

We have rooms above Funhouse

Standard 600/night

Deluxe 800/night

all rooms recently refurbished

all guests get 10% discount in funhouse

Cool, id recommend Funhouse to stay. Stayed in the rooms when it was club blu, really nice hotel rooms for that price, and perfect location right on LK, must be the best hotel bar also 55

Archived