Sign in to follow this  
bolly

Advice on a purchase

bolly

Hi all,

Here is the situation. I can get a new cell phone with a 5 mega pixel camera. Has all the usual bells and whistles. But I went to a local elec shop and all the digi cams are 8 mega pix or more.

The main draw for me to the phone is having a quality camera and phone all in one. Hate dragging around a phone and a camera.

So--a 5 mega pix camera. Is the quality between a 5 and above so great as to hold off and just get a separate camera or should I go for the all in one package.

BTW--I only use the camera for general photos---not pro stuff or serious publications.

thanks

bolly

Som

5 on a phone is plenty for general stuff. if you remember when the first 5 megapixel cameras were introduced a while ago the camera buffs were creaming themselves at the quality of pics they produced. not worth lumping 2 gadgets around in these circumstances.

bolly

Thanks Som---good point. Guess I have made up my mind. google this for a pix Samsung 920sc

cheers

bolly

davethailand

I've got the Nokia N82 with 5 mp and its a great camera. :)

MIGHTYONE

I have the new N95 8GB. Great phone, great camara but UNFORTUNATELY shit battery life!

bolly

A few short hours from now i will pick up the new camera. Got a date for a wild filipina bday party on April 3 so I will post some photos then and see how it works.

thanks to all

bolly

seanie
I have the new N95 8GB. Great phone, great camara but UNFORTUNATELY shit battery life!

Try upgrading the softwear.

Did this with my n95 from v10.0 to v14.0 and have increased the battery life by a good few hours while in constant use.

Jaco2

Saw this thread with great interest - I'm due an upgrade and was looking at returning to

a Nokia.

I've got a Sony Ericsson P990i (on contract) and 2 old Nokias 6230i (PAYG for my 2nd line)

and a stone age 3310 which still works!

The Sony P990i is a smartfone - PDA, Camera, 3G phone, WiFi. Or should I say dumbfone!

A big disappointment. It tries to do too much - it's slow to boot up, the 2MP camera get variable

results and the software is flakey and disassociate the fone Nos with the contact name!!

I bought mine at the same time as a mate and we've both had problems with it even when

the software was upgraded.

So which is better in BM's views - the Nokia N82 or the N95 or A N Other model???

seanie

Mate who works in a phone shop said the n95 and n82 are pretty much the same phone on the inside.

Guess its just a case of which one you like the feel of.

deadman
Mate who works in a phone shop said the n95 and n82 are pretty much the same phone on the inside.

Guess its just a case of which one you like the feel of.

go with the new n82 as it has a xenon flash so the pics will be better!

deadman

i should also add, 3mp or 5mp wont make too much difference as it still depends on the quality of lenses & software! ie the sony k800 can actually get better looking pics than some of the 5mp phones due to the various modded camera drivers on the web?! :P

hooky

I've tried a few camera phones and have found them all to be poor. Latest phone is a Sony Ericsson K810i which is supposed to be one of the best camera phones around, but I've still been unhappy with the results. Doesn't come anywhere near my Canon G6 for quality of shots.

H.