IGNORED

connection help at ICN

bouncewithme

I have a tight connection at Seoul ICN. I will be arriving from the US on United and need to connect on Thai to Bkk. I know I will have to go through transit security. I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of where exactly I will need to go so I won't have to spend time looking at signs to figure it out, I wanted to map it out in advance. Thanks.

Been through ICN and BKK, but have no idea what you are asking.

Are you saying that you are flying into ICN on United and connecting to a Thai Airway at ICN?

I assume this is using United miles flying on Star Alliance partners?

You are correct. Arriving on United at ICN. Then Connecting on Thai airways at ICN  to bkk. Using star alliance miles. I wanted to get a sense for how far I had to walk to the connection terminal where Thai Airways is and try to map it out in advance since I  have a tight connection.

ICN airport is a bit confusing. It has 2 section. The arc is I think where all Korean airline is at. The line section is where foreign airline is at (United, Thai, etc). Last time I few in on Asiana and connected to Singapore, took me a while to find it. Had to take a train/shuttle to get from one section to the next (like HKG).

Since you are flying different airline, you are not likely to have the boarding pass. So first you need to find the transit counter to get your boarding pass.

The TRICK is you may need to go through custom w/o the onward boarding pass (chicken & egg). SO KEEP your baggage stub and your original boarding pass. Tell the transit security that you don't have boarding pass. They should let you through.

Once you are through, then go to the transit desk. There are like multiple (6? 7? etc) scatter all over inner and outer arc. You have to find the RIGHT one. The airport staff was not helpful at all.

Anyway, once you find the transit desk for Thai, get your boarding pass. At that point, you'll know which gate you are flying out. Then from there you can find the gate.

I think I picked up some booklet and took some pictures. Let me see if I can find them.

its a pretty simple airport imho. When you go to transit security, there was one time that the line was super huge and i had a tight connection. I just showed my ticket to the guy at the beginning of the line and he ushered me to the front of security...

With no security or cutting in line you can probably do the whole thing in 15 minutes if you are moving quickly. 

Www.learnkhmernow.com

its a pretty simple airport imho. When you go to transit security, there was one time that the line was super huge and i had a tight connection. I just showed my ticket to the guy at the beginning of the line and he ushered me to the front of security...

With no security or cutting in line you can probably do the whole thing in 15 minutes if you are moving quickly.

He's likely to NOT to have the boarding pass for the connecting flight.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Ive had the same issue at NRT of not having a boarding pass at transit security but just showed my itinerary and all was good. Thx

Think you will find it very easy and if you run into any problems they have information desk where they speak english and they are extremely helpful.  ICN is my favorite airport much better than NRT IMHO.

Transit security at ICN will let you through with a printout of your connecting itinerary (at least they have with me several times). 

Archived