IGNORED

A new and unwelcome hotel trend, being led by Bella Express and Sunshine Hotel

Cerberus

Sunshine hotel & Residences
&
Bella Express

Are now demanding to take the photograph of joiners. This is in addition to their surrendering their official Thai Photographic ID card at reception.

One customer was already in his room and somewhat 'engaged' when a member of the hotel staff knocked at his door and requested to take the lady's photograph. He was far from amused and when the lady concerned refused to submit to the request she was asked to leave. On reaching the reception they then refused to return her ID card. They changed their mind when someone arrived to point out that their retaining her ID card was illegal.

If you are booked into either there is no notification of their new hotel rule.  You may find that many of you friends for the evening will be less than happy about this new procedure.

cleardot.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems very draconian when they are already able to copy their ID cards!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks for the update... Scandalous.

The hotel management would have to know full well that almost every BG would object to their photo being taken ,and therefore cause a problem with their monger guests.

Sounds to me like a decision has been made by the hotel that they don't want any more BG visitors , maybe they want to have family only guests now.

I suppose when people are drugged and murdered in your hotel from crazy hookers looking for extra money, maybe a little extra security is not such a bad thing from a management point of view.

Can understand why Bella Express don't want a repeat performance of bad press

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/54969/bangladeshi-dies-coma-drugging-robbery-central-pattaya/

I suppose when people are drugged and murdered in your hotel, maybe a little extra security is not such a bad thing from a management point of view.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/54969/bangladeshi-dies-coma-drugging-robbery-central-pattaya/

Yes, but if the hotel has a copy of their ID card (and probably CCTV video) the taking of a photo is only meant to humiliate and discourage the subject. Also, why not take a photo of all guests as they can also commit crimes while staying there? I would never want anyone I took somewhere to be subjected to such treatment.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Ridiculous. If this happened to my girl I'd check out on the spot.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

The good hotels take and register the ID card and when the lady is leaving phone the room to ensure all is well prior to returning it. Our staff have to call base on their arrival at the room and on their departure, they are also checked for their ID card prior to departing the club, no photo-copies allowed. There is a photo on the ID card.

All hotels are required by law to have CCTV covering reception, using a HD camera gives pictures as good as most and better than some cameras. I would never want anyone I took somewhere to be subjected to such treatment, nor would I tolerate it. It is similar to the USA cry that is all for our safety, total crap.

The guy in question was furious to have staff banging at his door asking to take the girls picture. The lady concerned refused point blank when they were unable to tell her what they would be doing with the picture. We have ceased offering out-call service to gentlemen staying in either of these establishments.

I don't see why a hotel needs to do this.  if they REALLY want a good photo of the girl go one better.  Have a quality (not that crappy grainy  security camera most have) video of the front desk from two angles.   Whenever a girl hands her ID card the front desk staff simply presses a button and it is all video recorded without them even knowing.  No one has to ask.  No one feels intruded upon.  And up to 30 days later you still have her on video if something happened.  One would hope you know by then.

I'm staying in long time rooms (monthly payment) and they never request even ID. And if it's requested I politely refuse. And never had problem.

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

Sunshine Hotel & Residences

&

Bella Express

Are now demanding to take the photograph of joiners. This is in addition to their surrendering their official Thai Photographic ID card at reception.

One customer was already in his room and somewhat 'engaged' when a member of the hotel staff knocked at his door and requested to take the lady's photograph. He was far from amused and when the lady concerned refused to submit to the request she was asked to leave. On reaching the reception they then refused to return her ID card. They changed their mind when someone arrived to point out that their retaining her ID card was illegal.

If you are booked into either there is no notification of their new hotel rule.  You may find that many of you friends for the evening will be less than happy about this new procedure.

cleardot.gif

Shit...  I'm booked in Sunshine from this Saturday, through the 9th of January. 

I assume that you came about this info from one (or two) of the DD imps doing an outcall to Sunshine?

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Shit...  I'm booked in Sunshine from this Saturday, through the 9th of January. 

I assume that you came about this info from one (or two) of the DD imps doing an outcall to Sunshine?

Absolutely, initially it was only Bella Express and we placed them on the blocked list immediately. Today  Sunshine hotel & Residences introduced it, there is no justification whatsoever for this intrusive and arbitrary rule. If the hotel is meeting the laws which govern such establishments they will, as I have said previously,  have CCTV surveillance at the entrance/reception. By investing in HD cameras what would be the need for such public intrusion/humiliation.

The lady concerned stated the staff were rude and ignorant, when asked to leave after she refused to let them take her picture they refused to return her ID card. This was swiftly rectified by the Den General Manager and a visit by the police.

hotels are in the service business also, however this appalling rule shows little respect for their patrons. If they are so set on this why not have the integrity to state openly that no additional guests other than those registered are permitted?

Great.I'm booked i there too.Sounds like something designed to make the girls feel uncomfortable.I thought this hotel had a shifty look about it.If a building can look shifty! Got to be wary of hotels that always seem to have availability on Agoda & never sell out at Christmas.

Great.I'm booked i there too.Sounds like something designed to make the girls feel uncomfortable.I thought this hotel had a shifty look about it.If a building can look shifty! Got to be wary of hotels that always seem to have availability on Agoda & never sell out at Christmas.

The lady concerned made a reasonable inquiry as to why it was necessary when they already had her photographic ID Card. 'hotel rule' was the answer, she next inquired as to what would happen to said photograph, would it be returned when she left or destroyed in front of her. To this she received no response other than to be told to leave, whilst at the same time they refused to return her ID card.

Absolutely, initially it was only Bella Express and we placed them on the blocked list immediately. Today  Sunshine Hotel & Residences introduced it, there is no justification whatsoever for this intrusive and arbitrary rule. If the hotel is meeting the laws which govern such establishments they will, as I have said previously,  have CCTV surveillance at the entrance/reception. By investing in HD cameras what would be the need for such public intrusion/humiliation.

The lady concerned stated the staff were rude and ignorant, when asked to leave after she refused to let them take her picture they refused to return her ID card. This was swiftly rectified by the Den General Manager and a visit by the police.

Hotels are in the service business also, however this appalling rule shows little respect for their patrons. If they are so set on this why not have the integrity to state openly that no additional guests other than those registered are permitted?

Double shit...  Well, it's too late to change hotels, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.  If it's so, I'll be sure to never stay there again and let them know that I'll help them advertise their new policy across the Internet.

:Cuss4::Cuss::Censored::Insanity::Fuck_Knows::Cry4::Hair_Out1:

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

just don't book these hotels... they will soon notice the change in frequentation.

Oh well. These places will soon wish they didn't have the Russkies after a few years and no tips for the staff.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

How about posting the email addresses for the hotels in question so that BMs can provide some more direct feedback to hotel management about their new policy?

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Am I imagining it or do Sunshine hotel advertise on PA? I do remember coming across a link to their hotel in the advertisement section at some point. Well if they advertise on boards like PA, they will have a number of very annoyed customers if they have policies like these...

this is probably one of the cheaper hotels in patts so it would always be popular..

http://www.sunshinepattaya.com/

j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

vote with your feet!

this is ridiculous!

Whatever adult people want to do they should do.

Why make them loose face?????

I will not support...even I stayed there many times before.

moved to Page 10.

No trouble ........ yet

An email has been sent to Sunshine a few hours ago asking if this is now their official policy and if it is, requesting a refund because it was not stated in the T&Cs when the booking was made.  Waiting for a reply.  Frankly, I'm not expecting a refund, but at least we might get confirmation on if this is now their policy for visitors of guests.

An email has been sent to Sunshine a few hours ago asking if this is now their official policy and if it is, requesting a refund because it was not stated in the T&Cs when the booking was made.  Waiting for a reply.  Frankly, I'm not expecting a refund, but at least we might get confirmation on if this is now their policy for visitors of guests.

If you have paid by credit card you might be able to get them to pursue them for a refund ?

If you have paid by credit card you might be able to get them to pursue them for a refund ?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Problem is, I'm two days away from my arrival and I'd rather not part with another US$1,500 on another hotel, if I don't have to.

Archived