IGNORED

How long to get visa from Hull consulate?

quietguy77

I applied for a 60 day tourist visa. Royal Mail Special Delivery tracking shows the application was delivered on 27 November. The cheque for visa fee and return SD delivery has not been cashed yet.

The consulate website says that visas are usually processed and returned within 7 days but can take longer in December.

Does anyone know how long it might take? I have flight booked for 20 January. Should I be worried?

I think Cheque is not accept, Only cash or postal order accepted. I applied for Visa two weeks ago and got four days later.  That is in Ireland PO Box.. Dont know about Hull.

Just seen on Hull Website.. Cheques is accepted , But wait for the cheque to be cleared first. Postal Order is quicker. Better phone em and inquire.

Usually pretty quick maybe because busy this time of year. Could give them a call if your concerned staff are helpfull.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Thanks for replies. I understand things will be busier pre-Xmas and high season. I understood they are quite efficient and didn't think it would take over three weeks. I thought perhaps I had made a mistake on application or forgotten to sign the cheque. I tried ringing the consulate this morning, but the line is constantly engaged so maybe I'm not the only one. I've sent them an email.

• 3 weeks later...

Still haven't received passport and visa. Only 14 days to go until flight. The Hull Consulate haven't replied to emails, and can't get through on phone, just get constant recorded messages that I am in a queue while holding on for 20 minutes or more at 10p a minute on an 0843 number.

I have read on Trip Advisor that there is a backlog of applications at Hull, due to changes in Consulate rules and an increase in high season visa applications this year. Apparently they are giving priority to those flying out soonest, and visas aren't being returned until a week before flight, which is highly stressful not knowing if it will arrive in time.

Seems I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I will get it in time.

I wish I had known that I could have got a 60 day visa at the Thai Embassy in London.

I would advise anyone wanting to get visa to avoid using the Hull Consulate.

I think you'll be alright

You're right about London tho. I have got visas for various countries and even renewed passports there and then, on the day. Costs a bit more and being close to London helps but to know its all done there and then is handy

Heard they've now stopped taken debit cards could cause a problem if people have applied with cards that are now not accepted.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Heard they've now stopped taken debit cards could cause a problem if people have applied with cards that are now not accepted.

Gotta agree with u, it took only 5 days to have my passport returned, last month.i paid cash with registered ltetter.

They were busy in December. I have just received mine from Hull on 3 January. (flying out on 13 Jan). They never processed any applications for mid Jan before xmas.

You will have it by now........ I hope!

They were busy in December. I have just received mine from Hull on 3 January. (flying out on 13 Jan). They never processed any applications for mid Jan before xmas.

You will have it by now........ I hope!

Thanks for that. It's reassuring to hear that you have received yours alright. The posters on the trip advisor forum are saying that theirs were processed one week before departure. one guy said that he received his 5 days before he was due to fly, but that was at beginning of December. 

I can only hope that mine also arrives soon. If I haven't received it by next Tuesday I might have to go to Hull to get it in person.

Anyway enjoy your trip!

I was in the same boat mate, normally I used to get my visa back in 4 days in total, that was including me sending it and Hull sending it back with the visa but this year it took them 2 weeks.

I was worried as I had a flight to catch 2 weeks later.

Sorting out a tourist visa is always my last task before my trip but this year I assure you will be the first thing I sort out!

Got email from Consulate today. Visa has been issued and I will receive it tomorrow. Hooray!!! :GoldenSmile1: LOS here I come!

Got email from Consulate today. Visa has been issued and I will receive it tomorrow. Hooray!!! :GoldenSmile1: LOS here I come!

Glad to hear the good news... Have a great time.

Nice 1. Maybe see you out there.

By the way there is an 01482 number for Hull consulate on the visa application pack. Saves you paying for premium rate calls next time!

Nice 1. Maybe see you out there.

By the way there is an 01482 number for Hull consulate on the visa application pack. Saves you paying for premium rate calls next time!

The 01482 number on the Visa Application Pack instructions doesn't work any more. If you ring it you get redirected to 0843 1162344.

There is no charge for ringing an 0843 number if you have a BT landline, but other line providers charge from 2p-10p a minute. I wouldn't mind paying it if I could get through, but not just hold on for 20 minutes or more with no idea of how long it will take or if I will get through at all.  

• 2 weeks later...

I drove to Hull for my visa - it took 30 minutes from entering the consulate to having my passport back. Can't complain with that! Although I booked my trip spontaneously so I only had a few days to sort out my visa… I would not have risked posting it.

Archived