Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

for those who book with agoda.

vimto66

For those who book hotels with agoda,when you have booked and paid for your trip do you find yourself looking at the prices every so often,just to see if its come down or gone up in price.

I know prices can fluctuate from one week to the next,but i do admit to doing this,although theres nothing i can do anyway as my accomodation for next year is booked and paid for.

To be honest the changes since i booked have been a matter of a few pence either way,and i do believe i got in at a good time as agoda now says the hotel i booked (August Suites )as no rooms available for my dates anymore.

Can you resist looking (probably hoping the price has shot up) or dont you bother looking again once the jobs done.

Can you resist looking (probably hoping the price has shot up) or dont you bother looking again once the jobs done.

I do the same thing (constantly checking prices), but I refuse to use Agoda for the reason you stated above.....You've already paid them months in advance. Why do that? What if your plans change? They'll be very unlikely to return your funds or modify your itinerary. I also don't like the fact that the prices that they quote are subject to the 7% tax and 10% service charge that most hotels add. So you must add 17% to their prices in order to have a fair comparison with other booking sites that include these charges in their quote.

There are many, many hotel booking sites that don't charge you anything up front, and you simply pay the hotel at the end of your stay. Last year I spent 29 nights at a Pattaya hotel and I wasn't charged a penny until I checked out, and my bill was almost 100,000 baht. I'm a firm believer that my money is MUCH better off in MY pocket than Agoda's. The hotel does take an imprint of your credit card, of course, and may even put a block on your credit card for the anticipated bill, but most hotels impose no charge at all if the reservation is cancelled at least 24 or 48 hours before your expected arrival. Very handy.

Just use HotelsCombined. They compare the total prices from a lot of major wholesalers (Agoda, Booking.com, hotels.com etc). If prices are close I go with H.c since it's simple to cancel and they give 1/10 free. If you don't wanna pay up front, use Booking.com. You might wanna take a look at BM Tim too. His prices are great as is his service.

Recently Agoda also introduced the system book now/pay later for most of hotels (finally).

Before booking a room i usually check the price with Agoda,Booking.com and the hotel website as well,as some hotels sometimes offer promotions so i can sometimes get a good deal.

Im regularly checking the price of the room after booking and yes,it can be cheaper,happened to me in November with my hotel in Patong beach(couple of days before my arrival the price went down more than 10%).

I thought Agoda was for amateurs - if you are a Pattaya regular you should be able to agree deals directly with the hotels etc

I guess that depends on whether you had points with them just waiting, like I did this time   :GoldenSmile1:

I really hate it  Agoda started the "are subject to the 7% tax and 10% service charge".  Just give me the price already.  To me it is a dishonest business tactic.  For the most part use Agoda for the maps, pictures, and reviews.

I've used Tim with good results in Bangkok.  Pattaya usually just call a few places from the taxi on the way. 

Hotelscombined is good too.

In the end points or no points it is better to book directly

I disagree. Usually I find the hotel quotes a higher price. If you use the same hotel allot sure they may give you a discount if they know you but not always.

I walked into a hotel in BKK once to see if they had a room and yes they did. As they were figuring out the cost I checked the Agoda page for the same hotel cost at Agoda (tax included) was 40 % cheaper. So no I did not deal directly with the hotel as they would not budge so I booked with Agoda while in their lobby and 5 min later went back to the desk to check in.

You know what , it really is all relative, as I've looked at a few sites Agoda Travel.com etc.. And you are right the prices do fluctuate a bit , but I got a fantastic hotel on Soi 7 on one of Agodas flash deals at a 30% discount !! Roll on 24th December

I disagree. Usually I find the hotel quotes a higher price. If you use the same hotel allot sure they may give you a discount if they know you but not always.

I walked into a hotel in BKK once to see if they had a room and yes they did. As they were figuring out the cost I checked the Agoda page for the same hotel cost at agoda (tax included) was 40 % cheaper. So no I did not deal directly with the hotel as they would not budge so I booked with agoda while in their lobby and 5 min later went back to the desk to check in.

Thats Bangkok

I really hate it  Agoda started the "are subject to the 7% tax and 10% service charge".  Just give me the price already.  To me it is a dishonest business tactic.  For the most part use Agoda for the maps, pictures, and reviews.

I've used Tim with good results in Bangkok.  Pattaya usually just call a few places from the taxi on the way. 

Hotelscombined is good too.

I partnered with Agoda and my website gives all-in rates, including tax, service, etc.

Check my signature.

I disagree. Usually I find the hotel quotes a higher price. If you use the same hotel allot sure they may give you a discount if they know you but not always.I walked into a hotel in BKK once to see if they had a room and yes they did. As they were figuring out the cost I checked the Agoda page for the same hotel cost at agoda (tax included) was 40 % cheaper. So no I did not deal directly with the hotel as they would not budge so I booked with agoda while in their lobby and 5 min later went back to the desk to check in.

The same happened to me last year December in pattaya I wanted to book another week and they wwouldn't match agodas price so I just booked online and emailed them the booking.

Bookings . com cheaper than Agoda , Importantly you don't have to go through the whole booking process before at the end you see extras added ie like Agoda does ,.what price you see is what you get , nothing added on at the  very end , no 10% tax and 7% service charge added like every Agoda booking does its Included

I have used Agoda for a number of years now and i would not even consider using anyone else,, i have found fantastic deals with Agoda,, all you need to to do is remember when its high seaason and when its low as prices fluctuate during that time,, but scan their site you will find some great deals ok........................

For those who book hotels with agoda,when you have booked and paid for your trip do you find yourself looking at the prices every so often,just to see if its come down or gone up in price.

I know prices can fluctuate from one week to the next,but i do admit to doing this,although theres nothing i can do anyway as my accomodation for next year is booked and paid for.

To be honest the changes since i booked have been a matter of a few pence either way,and i do believe i got in at a good time as agoda now says the hotel i booked (august suites )as no rooms available for my dates anymore.

Too much effort on a lost cause :)

If you never try any one else you wouldn't know what else might be better , the saying ' you should try  {almost) everything in life once " holds true . :GoldenSmile1:. Bookings ,com are related to Agoda btw.

Not factoring in the 17% is a bit of a peeve with me, especially as i tend to spend plenty of time comparing and revisiting different hotels. Other than that i really do like Agoda.

Not factoring in the 17% is a bit of a peeve with me, especially as i tend to spend plenty of time comparing and revisiting different hotels. Other than that i really do like Agoda.

I can only tell everyone to use my site, because although I work with Agoda, I display the full rate, including any other charges and fees.

I walked into a hotel in BKK once to see if they had a room and yes they did. As they were figuring out the cost I checked the Agoda page for the same hotel cost at agoda (tax included) was 40 % cheaper. So no I did not deal directly with the hotel as they would not budge so I booked with agoda while in their lobby and 5 min later went back to the desk to check in.

The same has happened to me in Rio D. and Bangkok, in Rio asked for there best rate quoted a price, told them the

price on line, they said not possible so I stepped outside to an internet shop, booked and came back 5 minutes later

and checked in. In Bangkok they were more reasonable and smarter, declined to match the price when I told them

what it was but they asked me to show them in the lobby computer. I showed them and then they said OK no problem.

On hotels I have stayed before I do like to deal direct. I usually get a much better deal especially on a monthly rate.

All hotel booking sites add on. 15% is pretty standard. Agoda is usually still the cheapest. Like I said before, Just use HotelsCombined and they compare the TOTAL PRICES from like 40 websites & the hotel direct price . When it redirects you to the say Agoda or hotels.com site, you see the total prices right out front for all the hotels on the page. You don't have to wait until the payment page like you do when you just Google to the site. In my experience, Booking.com is rarely cheaper, otherwise I would be using them a lot more. I end up using hotels.com as much as Agoda because they give 1 nite free after 10 stays (sometimes 5) & have superior customer service. Most of the time they can't match Agoda's price though. Lately, Cheap Tickets (an Orbitz company) has been the cheapest. They've been throwing out 20-30% discount codes out there every week.

Ive been searching the last week firstly on Bookings.com , and then on Agoda  noting of course every one should note Agoda  they add on 17% tax and service charge to all there bookings and you don't see it until the end bottom line charge  , and every time looking at to many hotels Bookings in Pattaya and Bangkok.  Booking .Com is the cheaper .period ,

However looking today both of these  (sister firms btw) have Increase there Pattaya hotel prices , looked at plenty for two hours this morning usually around 4 -8 pounds per night increase fancy that Nova LK even Sutus Court and plenty well known others, , its because of Christmas they do this its been said , we all have a good feel factor not me wtf,, I will wait till January to see if the prices come down again.. cheers ..

I found that in most cases the price on Agoda and Booking.com is about the same,or Agoda is slightly cheaper.

But its really worth checking the price on Ebookers as well bcos when you apply the promo code you get additional discount and therefore can be much cheaper.

I compared for example prices for a superior room with breakfast in Page 10 from 6-16.03.2014: while Agoda and Booking have the same price,535GBP with ebookers you can get it for 458 GBP,about 77 GBP cheaper!!!

Picture.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

I often use Booking.com mainy cause of their cancelation policy. I often cancel if I change my mind or a better deal comes up. 

But often I see better deals elsewhere and then I use those ofcourse. In norway we have a site called finn.no and it cheack multible sites for hotels, flights and stuff. I always use it to get an overlook and then I get redirected to the site having the deal.

I never used Agoda yet simply cause I never found the best deal there.

Archived