IGNORED

Chronic insomnia, how to overcome?

hangama100

Hi guys I am suffering from chronic Insomnia. Not able to sleep as with jetlag and stress. How to manage it? I am dependent on alprazolam1mg per night. Is it advisable to bring this from my country or buy it from pattaya? I heard that thai govt ban the sell of alprazolam (zanax) in whole of thailand.

I normally take an anti depression pill if I can't sleep on those few first night ( and I feel I really need it )

Same as on the plane .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Hi guys I am suffering from chronic insomnia. Not able to sleep as with jetlag and stress. How to manage it? I am dependent on alprazolam1mg per night. Is it advisable to bring this from my country or buy it from pattaya? I heard that thai govt ban the sell of alprazolam (zanax) in whole of thailand.

I believe as long as you also carry a prescription from your doctor and the pills in the prescription bottle, you'll be fine. They can't get you for having your own medicines, but only if you appear to be dealing it. 

Bring your own, with prescription bottle. Never had any problems, if you run out, go to international hospital soi 4, costs about 30$ for check up, show them your empty prescription bottle, they will write you for one month, you can fill it there.

Eating protein before you go to sleep really helps. I sometimes eat a can of tuna for example. Protein breaks down slowly in the stomach and makes you sleepy, try it it's the best sleeping pill nature has to offer!

According to the Thai FDA website, Xanax is a Category 4 Psychotropic Substance.  You're allowed to take a limited supply for personal use (less than 30 days supply) and must carry the prescription or a letter from your Doctor that contains the same information.

Travellers do need to check carefully before bringing anything into LoS.  For example, Codeine is a controlled narcotic substance that requires special authority from the FDA to bring into Thailand - leave your cold and flu tablets at home boys......

You'll be fine OP, just take a prescription with you.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya on Suhkumvit.  See the Psych department and explain your situation.  Ask for zopildem (lunesta).  They will likely give you a 30 day supply at the cost of about 3000 Baht.

eat (not too ripe) bananas before bedtime.

don't drink coffee at all or any caffeine drinks.

walk two to three miles (one hour) before bedtime.

do as much exercise as you can every day.

don't drink alcohol before bedtime or after 8pm.

don't eat after 9pm

turn off all sources of light in your bedroom no matter how small. completely dark.

don't look into computer screens while waiting to fall asleep. (notebook computer in bed)

Hi guys I am suffering from chronic insomnia. Not able to sleep as with jetlag and stress. How to manage it? I am dependent on alprazolam1mg per night. Is it advisable to bring this from my country or buy it from pattaya? I heard that thai govt ban the sell of alprazolam (zanax) in whole of thailand.

only a year ago i asked for sleeping pills for the trip home. They gave me zanex when i didnt even no what it was nor want it! only worked out how strong it was when i got home!

things have tightened up a bit however   i brought valium in my carry on luggage from home. Didnt ever get a question from anybody!  also brought cialus that i dont have a precription for no questions either!

Eating protein before you go to sleep really helps. I sometimes eat a can of tuna for example. Protein breaks down slowly in the stomach and makes you sleepy, try it it's the best sleeping pill nature has to offer!

Thus the mystery of why the Bliss Lounge girls are a bit sleepy is solved. :GoldenSmile1:

eat (not too ripe) bananas before bedtime.

don't drink coffee at all or any caffeine drinks.

walk two to three miles (one hour) before bedtime.

do as much exercise as you can every day.

don't drink alcohol before bedtime or after 8pm.

don't eat after 9pm

turn off all sources of light in your bedroom no matter how small. completely dark.

don't look into computer screens while waiting to fall asleep. (notebook computer in bed)

and he shouldn't go near those  energy drinks (m-15 or redbull) those would definitely keep you awake....j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

One word: Melatonin

Have a friend bring you some from outside Thailand as it's hard to find here.

Stay away from sleeping pills as they'll make you feel like crap. Melatonin is what you need. It's natural and you'll start to sleep normal/regular hours.

PASSION FRUIT JUICE

For eons Passion Fruit Juice has been used to treat Insomnia and anxiety with tremendous success. The mild sedative properties found in passion fruit relax your body and mind allowing you to drift off to sleep peacefully and stay asleep. It takes the edge off of mild anxiety. Just a shot glass full about an hour before bedtime or whenever you’re feeling anxious will do the trick. (Googled info)

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Tapatalk

Had Insomnia on and off for years, i don't advice sleeping tablets, they may help you sleep but in such a way as to leave you more tired next day, side effects can be nasty as well. Avoid coffee/ cola after 5pm. Avoid heavy exercise and heavy eating 4 hours before bed, warm milk can help (not hot).

Try meditation, even if you don't sleep it can mitigate some of the tiredness. Avoid anti depressants as a common side effect is inability to ejaculate (also other side effects not conducive to mongering may occur) 

Read a book instead of tv, recent studies suggest light from screens should be avoided 1 hour before your time of rest.

Relaxing scents, i.e essential oils (not the citrus ones!) such as lavender, chamomile, sandalwood, valerian (valerian tea-crap taste- is often helpful) can also help.

Archived