Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

"hidden" "ethnic" Restaurant Wonders Of Pattaya!

I hereby start this ambitious thread, with the modest hope that it might become a pinned resource for Pattaya food lovers.

Pattaya of course is a major beach resort city, and as such, like such cities all over the world, hosts thousands of restaurants. Many or most are predictable and mediocre and many of these don't have to be anything more to rake in the baht. But like any big city, there are the more hidden "gems" known only to specific ethnic groups or more adventurous diners. Some call these diners chowhounds after the famous US website, chowhound.com. Some might call them foodies.

In any event, here are some examples of what I am talking about and also some examples of what I am NOT talking about:

There are two excellent small Korean restaurants on Pattaya Klang near Foodland. The customers are all Korean. The food must be good, and it is! This thread is about restaurants like that.

That Pakboong Loyfloh open air joint on 2nd road near the nightlife is already well known, but they happen to have exceptional crab fried rice. This thread is about already well known restaurants, Thai, farang, and "ethnic" like that when there is something new, like an exceptional dish, that people would want to hear about.

Street food: A beef noodle soup stand with no menu that you know about that serves exceptional beef noodle soup. This thread is about Thai food stands like that.

Manhattans Steak House. This thread is NOT about upscale restuarants like that. They are well covered in the local Pattaya media. They advertise heavily. They are known already by most everyone interested in Pattaya restaurants.

These aren't hard and fast rules or anything ... just some general guidelines of what might possibly become a treasured food resource for the Pattaya area. Or not. But I thought I would try.

When posting your info on restaurants, of course try to include all you can about the name of the place, the location, your favorite dishes, the prices, pictures if you have, etc.

I've been given the boot from this website due to my criminal past in Canada,being a conman & acting like a complete cunt on this forum!