Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

I've been and gone and done it!

PattayaPete

This place looks really great! I'm looking forward to visiting it in June. I am already picturing myself sitting in the balcony, watching the view with a nice girl, sipping a tropical drink in front of me...

Hexa1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• todder

• PattayaPete

• LongPlay

• mailman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

congrats pp, good luck with the venture & will be sure to drop by in june! :)

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Kudos from LAX--> awesome dude, killer local! right on the pier to view some cool waves and check out the honeys!

:):LMFO:

When is the opening? I'll represent the LAX region for ya!

~Likerdup

"Live and Let Live"

Great News and best of luck. See you in April!

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Looks like a fantastic spot, will be in for a cold one, and to check it out in August.

100_1823__Medium___WinCE_.JPG

Pattaya Pete this is my first ever post on this board and I'm posting to say that I think you've got a big winner with the bar. I'll be back in Pattaya during May & June and I'll definitely pay you a visit.

I'll Be damn!!!!! I was along there twice yesterday! I will drop in during the day tomorrow if your around and say hello if possible. Should I just ask for Pete?

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, I do appreciate it.

A small word of caution though. I have no illusions about the difficulties of getting the freelancers to hang out and getting the right sort of atmosphere so that the girls are not too pushy. I've had some experience at dealing with freelancers so I have a fair idea of how to attack the problem. It may take a while to get it right but I am in for the long haul and I'm confident it will go - it just may take a while, so don't expect too much right at the beginning.

I'll try and answer some of the questions raised.

The name will be Pattaya Beer Garden. I know its not very exciting or original but I think it says what it is and I'm aiming to keep things simple.

With the bar being as big as it is and with a constant sea breeze, I see no problem with smoking. As long as the Police agree smoking will be allowed.

There will be free WiFi available to all. It will be one of the good connections too that run at a decent speed.

Music and music volume is a constant issue with all bars. As I said before the music will be Rock with a heavy leaning to the 80s and 90s but some of the best rock from the 60s, 70s and 2000s as well. No rap, girly pop or hip hop but a little bit of reggae and a few heavier rock tracks as well. I'm going to try something a little bit different with volume. There will be a lot of speakers around the inside part, 16 in fact which means the volume does not have to be too loud to still be quite listenable. With so many speakers I can vary the volume so that it will be louder at the far end of the bar and quieter at the close end. In any case it will not be disco loud but will vary from a good volume if you want to listen to a more background sound all at the same time - just choose your seat. There will be no speakers on the balcony so it should be quite peaceful there.

It's hard to be confident about an opening date. My loose plan (you know about Pattaya and plans don't you?), is to have a soft opening around Sonkran (13 April) and the official opening on 29 April. Depending on construction and staffing those dates could vary considerably.

The building is actually brand new from the pilings on up. It was just completed last week. There used to be a very dark and ramshackle wooden structure on the site that operated as a restaurant. Nobody ever went there because it was grim. The beer garden will be the first tenant of the new building.

I'm planning to be open 10am - 2am. That will vary depending on demand but those will be the hours when we open. I'm not sure about the morning hours at both end of the day but we will suck it and see. Happy hour will be every hour with permanent low prices. Bottled beers will range from 50 - 65 baht, spirits still to be finalized but somewhere around 60 - 70 baht. Soft drinks will be around 40 baht and good coffee will be available to.

Bigjim, I'm in and out all day but generally the only farang around. Your welcome to ask for me and I'm happy to show anyone around if I'm there. I'm happy to provide progress reports but I'll not be offended if the Mods tell me to lay off either. The no bar fine no lady drinks means the staff will not be available for socializing. They are there to provide good service. On the other hand the freelancers will I am sure, be very sociable.

I think that's it - thanks once again for the encouragement, it's very heartening.

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

all the best with the bar pattaya pete. will call in when it opens.

Ok, went by this afternoon after all the workers had gone home. It is really looking great.... Congrats on the look of it so far!!

Keep pushing, it will get done soon.. I can see with all the tiny beer bars out front, that you should have a pretty good group of people to come and visit.

I bet it is a big hit.

WHEN it is,,, and it almost surely will be,, buy out the front half of the place also, and make it the biggest FL spot in the world!!

The ONLY downside to this business,,, it may remove most of the beach road beauties and not so beauties from the afternoon walks, as they will all be in your new place!!!

Probably this will give you lots of karma with the local BIB since they seem to be intent on getting the girls off the beach walk....

Well good luck Pete,

Could be a refreshing nice change to the 1000s of girly beer bars in town which get boring after a while and its on par with Bkk beer garden and Gullivers which is too far away up north pattaya with all the punters down Walkin st these days you have a great location for daytime and evening punters.

Just a few concerns though meant to be constructive;

1. Will you hav to run the guantlet of the siren bars to get to your bar???

2. Confident of hearing your music system from those screeching girls and techo babble from the siren bars???

3. Hope you hav some sort of security to keep the yaba heads/skanks from beach rd loitering around

4. Wil ladyboys be allowed in as could get nasty with the wrong ones getting in there and causing some shit...hmmm just wondering lol

If its done right you should have a success on your hands ....god knows Pattaya needs quality bars.

Cheers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, I do appreciate it.

A small word of caution though. I have no illusions about the difficulties of getting the freelancers to hang out and getting the right sort of atmosphere so that the girls are not too pushy. I've had some experience at dealing with freelancers so I have a fair idea of how to attack the problem. It may take a while to get it right but I am in for the long haul and I'm confident it will go - it just may take a while, so don't expect too much right at the beginning.

I'll try and answer some of the questions raised.

The name will be Pattaya Beer Garden. I know its not very exciting or original but I think it says what it is and I'm aiming to keep things simple.

With the bar being as big as it is and with a constant sea breeze, I see no problem with smoking. As long as the Police agree smoking will be allowed.

There will be free WiFi available to all. It will be one of the good connections too that run at a decent speed.

Music and music volume is a constant issue with all bars. As I said before the music will be Rock with a heavy leaning to the 80s and 90s but some of the best rock from the 60s, 70s and 2000s as well. No rap, girly pop or hip hop but a little bit of reggae and a few heavier rock tracks as well. I'm going to try something a little bit different with volume. There will be a lot of speakers around the inside part, 16 in fact which means the volume does not have to be too loud to still be quite listenable. With so many speakers I can vary the volume so that it will be louder at the far end of the bar and quieter at the close end. In any case it will not be disco loud but will vary from a good volume if you want to listen to a more background sound all at the same time - just choose your seat. There will be no speakers on the balcony so it should be quite peaceful there.

It's hard to be confident about an opening date. My loose plan (you know about Pattaya and plans don't you?), is to have a soft opening around Sonkran (13 April) and the official opening on 29 April. Depending on construction and staffing those dates could vary considerably.

The building is actually brand new from the pilings on up. It was just completed last week. There used to be a very dark and ramshackle wooden structure on the site that operated as a restaurant. Nobody ever went there because it was grim. The beer garden will be the first tenant of the new building.

I'm planning to be open 10am - 2am. That will vary depending on demand but those will be the hours when we open. I'm not sure about the morning hours at both end of the day but we will suck it and see. Happy hour will be every hour with permanent low prices. Bottled beers will range from 50 - 65 baht, spirits still to be finalized but somewhere around 60 - 70 baht. Soft drinks will be around 40 baht and good coffee will be available to.

Bigjim, I'm in and out all day but generally the only farang around. Your welcome to ask for me and I'm happy to show anyone around if I'm there. I'm happy to provide progress reports but I'll not be offended if the Mods tell me to lay off either. The no bar fine no lady drinks means the staff will not be available for socializing. They are there to provide good service. On the other hand the freelancers will I am sure, be very sociable.

I think that's it - thanks once again for the encouragement, it's very heartening.

What's good enough for Bangkok is good enough for Patts! If I return to LOS when I expect to (early or mid 2009)

I'll certainly be a punter at your bar. I wish you all the best with the venture and will keep an eye on your progress here.

J2

Good luck with the new venture Pete.

One question for you:

Have you tought about the Pattaya addicts previlige card???

Ps.i make sure to pop in on my next trip.

Regards:Matrix

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

superb idea !!!

and someone had to do it, I wish I could get involved in such ventures... at least from a work POV as I am way too poor to invest. The concept of Beergarden is one I have written a lot about here and on my other contributing forum. Excellent indeed, and a brave venture. You must have a lot of money. Not that you will reveal on here but I'd be academically interested in knowing what this has/will cost.

If the FL take to it, as they have in BK this is the most significant new venture I have read about. I arrive BK next on Apr 27th and then to Pattays May 3rd. If you are open then I shall delight in attending regularly and hopefully documenting my adventures which may result...

Good fortune to you..

Follow my dark tinged 'tweets' on Twitter on Agent 09 Twitter or find me on FACEBOOK as 'Serious Black' (Agent 09), Check out one  of my themed TR 'mini novels' here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/15739-seven-of-oh-nine-7-day-cycles-in-the-bangkok-continuum/  Seven of Oh Nine - my Bangkok adventures in a 7 day period, several instalments 

Good luck Pete, with the experiences of the past, Im sure this venture will work a treat for you....although this is Thailand and things are always harder than normal. Im sure you will get plenty of support from many of the regular bm's here, sounds like a good drinking spot to be honest. Loving the music policy also. Best of luck mate.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I think you are on a winner Pete.

Will you be puting in a big screen or multiple TV's in the bar?

It looks a great spot to watch beamed in sporting events as well as a place to meet new special temporary friends.

Cya in May!

I went back again today, to check on the place. Met with Pattaya Pete, and this is an outstanding guy... good business sense, and got as good a place and location as anyone could ask for.

Yeah, to answer a previous post, you will need to walk the gauntlet of all the other tiny beer bars, but that is all part of the treat of being in Pattaya, is it not ??

The place is really bigger than it looks from the photo's, got a super natural breeze, and great shade with a roof over head. And just to sweeten the pot, there could be a little ice cream to go with your snacks available here, from what I hear!! My sweet tooth is aching already!!

All the best, and on my next visit, I expect to see a line forming outside, just to find a place to stand...

From the clean lines, and crisp feel of the place, this is a winner for sure.... Pete... hope you have a healthy supplier for all the beer... i think this is going to dry up a lot of bottles!!!!!!

I will be back....

will definetly drop by and have a few beers in June when visiting

one thing you've got that in my opnion is overlooked in most places

is somewhere CLEAN to have a slash or take a dump

other bar owners take note

i will leave a bar or not stay to long if (pardon the pun) the toilets are shithouse

also are you going to stock beer lao?

best of luck with your new venture

have fun

i'll be there in july and am looking forward to seeing your mew place. great idea and i hope it works as pattaya needs something like this

see you in july

Best of luck with your bar mate. That is a prime location and somewhere I would really like to sit, next to the water with a few cold ones so on the strength of that I'll be sure to pop in the next time I'm in town. :BJ1:

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005