IGNORED

New Yamaha ? name Smax 155cc so called PCX killer ?

david555

Want one, want one want one!  Having a rear disk brake and no bump in the seat sold me!

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

I see nothing to say it's being released in Thailand, though it looks very good if you're a PCX fan.

Yamaha SMAX 155 pic.jpg

It's amazing how the pics look almost identical to the PCX.

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

It is virtually a carbon copy of the PCX. In fact, quite boring. Couldn't Yamaha come up with something more radical to oppose the PCX. How much?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the styling touches the pcx although quite similar, there`s a few design elements which would be nice on pcx, still looks a bit cheap and gimmicky, still just a jazzed up step through, I bet comfort wouldn't touch the pcx, the monoshock might be a nice touch,  I wait to see some reviews on this, hope they are great , I might even buy one when they are out here,

More than likely it would be made in Indonesia or Malaysia.  If Yamaha made it in their home country it would , as you say, be too expensive for the marketplace.

More than likely it would be made in Indonesia or Malaysia.  If Yamaha made it in their home country it would , as you say, be too expensive for the marketplace.

AFAIK the Yamahas on sale in Thailand are made (or at least assembled) in Thailand, so no import duty.

As I said earlier, I can find nothing to suggest that they plan to launch this boat bike, but they could presumably make that here if they wanted.

Do you know of bikes being made in Indonesia or Malaysia and imported to Thailand?

I'm curious about the Suzuki Raider just re-released here - as far as I can tell they've been making it here since they stopped selling it in 2006 and exporting it to those two plus Philippines, but I may be wrong.

Do you know of bikes being made in Indonesia or Malaysia and imported to Thailand?

Suzuki Nex is sold here (smallish quatities compared to other 115cc bikes) and I might be wrong but I think that is made in Malaysia.

• 4 weeks later...

Just don't by a Chinese made bike made with Chinese quality as there is none. I own a Chuan which is one of 20 knockoffs made of a 150cc Honda. A real Honda costs about 3-4 times more that a cheap no quality Chinese bike.

Archived