Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sunshine Vista Appartments

bangkoknick

After arriving from Bangkok I stayed at this hotel for one week from 20th Jan to 27th Jan 2007.

20178-11666.jpg

The Front Entrance,

20178-11667.jpg

My room on the 4th floor,

20178-11668.jpg

Big bed,

20178-11669.jpg

T.V. Mini bar, dressing table,

20178-11670.jpg

Hot water & Microwave facilities,

20178-11671.jpg

Bathroom, with seperate power shower and toilet,

20178-11672.jpg

Roof-Top pool and sunbathing area,

20178-11673.jpg

20178-11674.jpg

Summary.

I booked this hotel on the internet from back here in the UK, using RES24.com I have used this site many times and they are very efficient.

After staying at the Sunshine hotel on Soi 8 numerous times I was expecting a little bit more from this hotel than I ended up with. I paid 1,600 baht per night for my room with breakfast. However I was subsequently charged 100 baht per night for a 'lady charge'. Not impressed with that.

The Sunshine Vista Appartments are in a good location, close to the beach and for the Big-C and 2nd road beer bars.

Their website is here Sunshine Vista Appts

Overall the room was spacious and cleaned every day to a high standard, it had a good sized balcony and an in-room safe for your valuables. The T.V. was ok but had limited channels, there is a small roof-top pool. I had room service a couple of times and also ate once in the hotel restaurant, all the meals I had here were poor.

The general appeal of the hotel is a little dated and I was often disturbed by the banging of adjacent room doors and the housekeeping phone constantly ringing and never being answered. Please note that all the staff were very friendly.

I would NOT stay at this hotel again and would give it a generous 5.5 out of 10.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya...ista_hotel.html

After staying at the Sunshine Hotel on Soi 8 numerous times I was expecting a little bit more from this hotel than I ended up with. I paid 1,600 baht per night for my room with breakfast. However I was subsequently charged 100 baht per night for a 'lady charge'. Not impressed with that.

Can you give a little bit more info about the Sunshine hotel? as I said in the nova lodge hotel thread, I try to find an alternative (quality gone down and price gone up lately, time to change I guess) and Sunshine hotel looked like a good choice in the 1000 baht range (which ist wha I want to pay per night, no more than 1100 if possible)...

Thanks,

Kai

gregkai,

Do you mean the Sunshine hotel in Soi 8?

If so their website is here Sunshine hotel Soi 8

As I have said I have stayed here many times in the past, it is a good hotel in a central location. I'm sure I paid about 1,150 baht or there abouts for a big bed room in the new wing. The only thing the room lacked was an in-room safe, but they have safety deposit boxes at the reception.

The Sunshine is 100% guest friendly too.

I hope this info helps you.

Edited by bangkoknick

Did you see any of the larger apartments in the Sunshine Vista? Any comments on them? Did you have a view of the sea from your balcony? Does the balcony have the noisy air conditioner on it or is the air unit located somewhere else?

Did you see any of the larger apartments in the Sunshine Vista? Any comments on them? Did you have a view of the sea from your balcony? Does the balcony have the noisy air conditioner on it or is the air unit located somewhere else?

I did not see any larger appartments i'm afraid and I could not see the sea from my balcony. As for the air-con unit it was out on a ledge over the balcony and I don't remember it being noisy at all, but maybe that was drowned out by the noise of the banging doors and that bloody phone!!

The view from my balcony,

20284-11642.jpg

Sorry if i've not been that helpfull.

I have stayed at the sunshine vista and never paid a joiners fee maybe it's a new policy. The pool area is a little dated compared to the rooms which mine was quite nice. I will be staying there again in 4 weeks so will post again if I get charged a joiners fee.

The hotel was great, I stayed there from 9 Feb to 23 Feb. The 100 Baht fee was charged to me as well when I brought back a guest. Must be a new policy but I still had a great stay. Will be going back there for my next trip.

gregkai,

Do you mean the Sunshine hotel in Soi 8?

If so their website is here Sunshine Hotel Soi 8

As I have said I have stayed here many times in the past, it is a good hotel in a central location. I'm sure I paid about 1,150 baht or there abouts for a big bed room in the new wing. The only thing the room lacked was an in-room safe, but they have safety deposit boxes at the reception.

The Sunshine is 100% guest friendly too.

I hope this info helps you.

Yes, thanks! Any info about the pool? clean, not too small, easy on the eyes when you open eyes under water? I ask because I usually spend quite a lot of time in the pool in the "day" (11 PM/ 5PM ;) ), so this is a factor when choosing the hotel for me.

Best regards,

Kai.

Just another note on this place. They do have in room safes now. My room was a superior and it had a small safe in the closet. The pool seemed to be easy on the eyes as far as the chlorination went and it was very clean. Always someone there at the pool bar to get you a drink if desired as well. Once again, I had a great stay and reccomend this place.

Can book online here