IGNORED

Moyes out

Baxidar ba

you wont be the next Liverpool you will go back to being the man united that never won the title for 26 years and lived on past glories and talked fondly about how great you used to be when nobby ,bobby , georgie and denis   played theres no need to have a dig at Liverpool its all there in your own history, these things come in cycles and maybe its time for change.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you wont be the next Liverpool you will go back to being the man united that never won the title for 26 years and lived on past glories and talked fondly about how great you used to be when nobby ,bobby , georgie and denis   played theres no need to have a dig at Liverpool its all there in your own history, these things come in cycles and maybe its time for change.

Well said but remember football only started in 1992.

Fair enough point Meaty, but the day of dominating teams from Liverpool to United are well and truly over for the foreseeable future. If Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool or whoever wins the league I can't see them domineering over a long spell.

The United decline has been coming both economically and behind the scenes at board level for quite a while now, Fergie has jelled some of the cracks together brilliantly on the pitch and the transition of power/sale to the Glazer family. The fact that they lost two games on the trot feeds the tabloids, scare mongers , pundits etc. Van Persie won us the league last year and the year before that Man city more than deserved their league title win on the basis they beat us both times we played home and away.

The league title has been shared between Chelsea, City & United over the last five years, with no domineering team then and none today either, so let's put that one to bed. The last United 'dominant' team was the 2008/2009 team with Ronaldo, Tevez, etc, that's where the decline has begun from, the sale of Ronaldo along with another few factors I will come to in a minute, not losing two games this week... Shock, horror ...,!!

My next point is directly to United fans, and bring you back to the 2003/7 era, where Arsenal had the incredible ' invincibles team' & Chelsea were in their pomp under Mourinho, Scholes was injured a lot and Fergie was playing John O Shea & Alan Smith in midfield. This was post Roy Keane and before we bought Carrick, Evra & Vidic. If anyone had said then that this team was going to come back & be dominant again I would have laughed at them outright, but they did, so never say never. Chelsea have remerged again and again over the last ten years with dramatic dips in form to winning European silverware with different managers may I add. United didn't win the league for four years, during that period now imagine that.

My next point is the climate economically has changed in the premiership, it has been nothing short of fantastic for the premiership making it the best & most competitive in years. The Tottenham Hotspur team at the moment is the team I wish United had, especially their midfield. That says a lot about the stature of United at the moment. Sandro, Dembele, Paulhino are as good as any midfield in Europe. My point is that United's decline has not just been to City and Chelsea the obvious richer clubs but other perceived smaller clubs as well.

The Newcastle team that we played Saturday when on form & with no injuries will give anyone a game, Liverpool, Everton are playing very well. As for Southampton do I need to say any more ? United have no given right to win a match just because of their name, but also remember the teams I have previously named have risen in the own right & not due to United's decline. It is an insult to say Everton didn't deserve their victory last week because they are an inferior team to United, if fans still think that way you are in for some more nasty surprises in the future.

Ok, transfers next, the club messed up big time this summer, but let's look a little bit deeper than that. The biggest alarm bells for me in our descent was not who we didn't bring in but who we didn't keep, and that was Paul Pogba. This was under Fergie & Gills tenure may I add. We missed out on Lucas, Dembele, Sneijder, & Hazard all within weeks of each other, in the summer of 2012....no sign of David Moyes yet ..!!!

As I mentioned on Jock's thread in September, David Gill may be the biggest loss for us in negotiations with other clubs. His smoothing touch will be missed. We may have missed out on targets but it wasn't played out like the media carnival this summer.

Part two coming soon ...! Debt, Moyes, a muppet CEO, & good things come to those who wait..!

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

It could be worse, I could be a culchie like yourself.

and a cultured one at that ... :GoldenSmile1:

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Thank you Jinx for your time to write a good long post. Enjoyed it very much.  Going to Old Trafford on Tuesday night for Champion League, Will love to see what the atmosphere will be like on that night.

Cultured? You must think that your large post is representation of that comment. I have a name for your post "Stating the bleedin' obvious".

You have missed some key points:

1) Fergie retired because Gill left the FA. He would have no power over the FA as he has done. 

2) Fergie was selfish and never bought for Uniturds future. He just wanted quick results and not bothered about the future of the team.

3) Personal glories meant more to Fergie than the club. Look how he reacted with the media blackout when they got beat in the Champions League last season. He knew he would never surpass Bob Paisley in European competition. (3 European cups in 9 years of management)  

4) You are going to struggle with signing big name players as Moyes is not that big of a name in world football.

In part 2 of "Stating the bleedin' obvious" you will not have mentioned the following:

1) Moyes is tactically inept. He plays 4-4-2 (home) or 4-5-1 (home/away). That is all he knows. He has never made any bold tactical changes in any game he has ever managed. That's why he has never won at Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea in 11 years at Everton or won a trophy. At the weekend when were getting beat he made like for like changes instead of going for the win.  

2) The reason you are struggling is that your players have gone from being attacked minded players to defensive minded. Look how Everton are playing. The shackles are off that were applied by Moyes and are now attacking teams and getting better results. Rio has already been slagging off Moyes in the press.

3) Money is a massive issue. Paying off the debt is more important than the team and the fans.One of the first interviews that was given by David Gill when Moyes was named boss was how he was able to work on a budget. The amount of money that is needed to be spent on the team to compete is not there.

I am loving the demise and I hope Moyes stays as manager as long as possible.

#moyesin@uniturd4ever

I disagree there's always a reason to have a dig at Liverpool.

I like to visit Liverpool at least once a year just to say hello to my hub caps.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

New Liverpool signing Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho from the notorious favelas of Rio had just made his debut for the once mighty reds. After the game he phones his mother " I'm so proud of you" she says "but things are not so good at home. Your sister has been raped twice, your dear grandmother has been attacked in the street & there is raw sewage running down the roads. It's becoming more like a war zone everyday, how we let you talk us into moving to Liverpool I'll never know.

Instead of Moyes I would have liked an experienced proven winner in the mould of Sir Alex to have been appointed I think ex Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes would have been perfect. Or a chance could have been taken on someone like Jurgen Klopp of Borussia Dortmund. The third option would have been to go for a young manager like a Pochettino or a Martinez, maybe even Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. This would have been a riskier option but we wouldn't be doing any worse than we are currently.

Talk about knee jerk reactionists,for gods sake.Fergie himself said give moyes time so they should.Thing is fans want success and they want it now,and man utd have had it in abundance the last couple of decades but things go in cycles,its a changeing of the guard for now,for how long who knows but they will come strong again maybe quicker than many think.

sensationlism gone mad. :LMFAO:

I am told Manchesters sorry Gunchesters { my southern relatives call it this} crime figures are worse than Liverpools, But to get back on topic, United fans have this obsession with Liverpool they need to have a dig , go to Cold Trafford and they always sing songs about scousers or Liverpool, go to Anfield and nothing, no mention of Manchester. Get over it pal.

Not only are Manchesters crime figures worse than Liverpools in all respects, the people are ruder, less helpful / beligerent and lacking in both humour and wit. Thats not just a scouser talking either, just ask anyone from the direct outskirts of Manchester, theyll usually say the same.

Police have uncovered a stash of guns hidden behind a Liverpool library. A spokesman revealed locals are shocked, they had no idea there was a library in Liverpool

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I thought the thread was about Moyes & his continuity at Man U, don't think crime index at either Manchester or Liverpool has anything to do with it.

................................................................................................................

True Mick, but they cant resist the ancient jokes, its always the same I think it helps them with their inferiority complex.

And I thought Scousers were renowned for their sense of humour ;)

But then as they've only come to this thread to take the piss anyway ...

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Actually came to this thread to read some interesting opinions on Moyes and the current quality or lack thereof of the Manchester team, however the piss was most obviously already being taken by people in an uninformed fashon, my comments therefore were not humorous attempts or slurs even, simply well stated and truthful facts, as for Meaty... his opinion lacks humour whilst showing an arrogance akin to foolishness that in itself makes him more of a meathead than an erudite scholar.

people are ruder , less helpful / belligerent and lacking in humour and wit. your words and then you say no attempt at slurs just simply well stated and truthful facts. NO SLURS !!  mancs are ruder , less helpful / beligerant and lacking in humour and wit but I suppose apart from that they are ok then. I haven't tried to be humorous with my opinions that is probably why they lacked humour, no arrogance I just cant see what people get out of the old hubcap jokes. And meathead ??? mmm does have a certain ring to it I must admit I might change my name and you could be INCIDER that suits you better  :GoldenSmile1:

Still lacking wit meathead, could have went wih snider.. incider does that actually reference anything?   

Police have uncovered a stash of guns hidden behind a Liverpool library. A spokesman revealed locals are shocked, they had no idea there was a library in Liverpool

It's funny because it's true!

Thought that might be what your hinting at, can't stand cider, but you don't need to be a piss artist to know that whilst i am obviously exagerating the character of the average Mancunian there is an element of arrogance that is well known to exist in Manchester people, Oasis springs to mind as do Stone Roses, both bands i enjoyed when current, but hardly humble, and how many times when working in Manchester i heard, "we hould be the nations capital from fellow builders" said seriously!

Oh and Bax we have one of the best libraries in the country in our town centre and i used to frequent it a lot before i got my kindle.

Archived