IGNORED

New chippy - Not just curry & chips

jonboy28

I have lived in Pattay about 4 months now & I have tried some pretty poor chippys, This place opened a few days ago right on my doorstep so I thought I would give it a try.

I had cod chips & mushy peas (265 baht) and I can honestly say is the best I've tasted in a long time (even back in the u.k)

The chips were fresh and cooked to perfection, and the cod was tasty with a light batter.

Can't really think of anything negative to say about the place, I just hope they keep the good standard up.

It's located on phratamnak main road between Soi 6 and Tara Court.

image.jpg

That looks tasty...May pay a visit next month but as Splitin says, What is it called.?

Cod Loin chips n mushy peas for 215 in New Plaza is still the current way to go IMO.

265 baht for half a plate full

Kek?

Specsavers?

Wow looks nice, drove past the place the other day but never clocked the name, will give it a go, thanks for the review and good picture

I have lived in Pattay about 4 months now & I have tried some pretty poor chippys, This place opened a few days ago right on my doorstep so I thought I would give it a try.

I had cod chips & mushy peas (265 baht) and I can honestly say is the best I've tasted in a long time (even back in the u.k)

The chips were fresh and cooked to perfection, and the cod was tasty with a light batter.

Can't really think of anything negative to say about the place, I just hope they keep the good standard up.

It's located on phratamnak main road between soi 6 and Tara Court.

Whats with the name attached to photo ? Natascha Kampusch.

Many proprieters use posts on here to create interest and drum up business :hello09:

Whats with the name attached to photo ? Natascha Kampusch.

Natascha Kampusch (born 17 February 1988) is an Austrian woman known for her abduction at the age of 10 on 2 March 1998. Kampusch was held in a secret cellar by her kidnapper Wolfgang Přiklopil for more than eight years, until she escaped on 23 August 2006. The media attention later led to her giving select interviews, writing an autobiography (3,096 Days, published September 2010) and also signing a contract with Austrian channel Puls 4 for her own talk show, which had its premiere on 1 June 2008, but only ran for three episodes.

Natascha Kampusch (born 17 February 1988) is an Austrian woman known for her abduction at the age of 10 on 2 March 1998. Kampusch was held in a secret cellar by her kidnapper Wolfgang Přiklopil for more than eight years, until she escaped on 23 August 2006. The media attention later led to her giving select interviews, writing an autobiography (3,096 Days, published September 2010) and also signing a contract with Austrian channel Puls 4 for her own talk show, which had its premiere on 1 June 2008, but only ran for three episodes.

Well i did of course google it before i asked the question. But that was not my question.

Just took a look inside, looks like a proper UK chippy the name is "not just Curry&Chips", small area to park motorbikes outside which is good because its on a very busy road. I did not try anything as I had F&C's yesterday

Nothing on their website yet

http://curryandchipspattaya.com/

Its looks very promising for those of us living in that area that enjoy F&C's once in a while 11am to 11pm

Noticed a nice little bar next door that I never saw before either

It's located on phratamnak main road between soi 6 and Tara Court.

Just tried them from here. Fish is ok (cod) but the chips are horrible, those in your picture look fresh cut, I was served "steak chip" the frozen ones, back to Simons for me unless they change.

Just tried them from here. Fish is ok (cod) but the chips are horrible, those in your picture look fresh cut, I was served "steak chip" the frozen ones, back to Simons for me unless they c

hange.

Simons was dire last time I went.

Sold it to a Norwegian ?

Sold it to a Norwegian ?

Simon was a right cnut and the place had been going steadily downhill before he sold out.

Flogging the local Dory off as Icelandic Cod didn't help his reputation much either.

Simon was a right cnut and the place had been going steadily downhill before he sold out.

Flogging the local Dory off as Icelandic Cod didn't help his reputation much either.

Well if it was downhill back then it went even further after the sale.

I was never served Dory as Cod while Simon was there, but what I got when I went after he sold it was very dubious, like Coley or something worse - tough as old boots.

Whatever Simon's faults might have been as a person, I can't say I was served a bad meal there while he owned it.

If you're telling me it's improved over the past few months then fair enough, but the impression I got from speaking to the TG who served me was that the new owner had just bought it and left them to it.

Are you him by any chance?   :Think1:

Well if it was downhill back then it went even further after the sale.

I was never served Dory as Cod while Simon was there, but what I got when I went after he sold it was very dubious, like Coley or something worse - tough as old boots.

Whatever Simon's faults might have been as a person, I can't say I was served a bad meal there while he owned it.

If you're telling me it's improved over the past few months then fair enough, but the impression I got from speaking to the TG who served me was that the new owner had just bought it and left them to it.

Are you him by any chance?   :Think1:

Haven't been back since Simon had the place, plenty of chippies more local these days.

Where have I even indicated things have improved? No idea where you're coming from to be honest, unless you have your posters mixed up?

:question1:

Where have I even indicated things have improved? No idea where you're coming from to be honest, unless you have your posters mixed up?

:question1:

That's where the "If" came into it.  :Grin3:

Sold it to a Norwegian ?

Simon's is run by a New Zealander , nice chap, he is always there when I go, and the place does a nice trade, I get medium Cod and chips B205 and plenty for me, fresh cut chips is the decider for me

Simon's is run by a New Zealander , nice chap, he is always there when I go, and the place does a nice trade, I get medium Cod and chips B205 and plenty for me, fresh cut chips is the decider for me

Fair enough, on that basis I'll try again.

Maybe it was in a transition phase or maybe it was just a bad day.

I don't mind paying (think it was 300+ for Cod & Chips & M/peas) but I expect to get what I pay for,

Thanks.

Tried it about a week ago as I used to live on Pratumnak.

Fish - very nice (had the cod)

Fish cake - not good - mainly mashed Potato (i think) with some fish pieces inside - very mushy

The biggest villain though is the chips - fkin bad.  Sorry but get the people in the place to peel and cut some potatoes.  What they are currently doing (and a bad job of) is using frozen chips and putting them straight in the fryer - this makes for chips that have far to much oil inside of them. 

Hope the owner sees this and acts - could potentially have a good business up there.

.............................using frozen chips and putting them straight in the fryer - this makes for chips that have far to much oil inside of them. 

People the world over are doing that with no such problem - but it's all about the oil temperature.

I agree that real chips might be better, but that involves blanching here and the oil temperature is still critical so I think they might be worse.

People the world over are doing that with no such problem - but it's all about the oil temperature.

I agree that real chips might be better, but that involves blanching here and the oil temperature is still critical so I think they might be worse.

Another great thing to do is after frying at a lower temperature, cool and put in the fridge. When you fry them the second time at a higher temperature the outside will be crisp but the inside fluffy (if you use the right type of potato).  Steak fries are not "chip shop'" chips

Archived