IGNORED

Electrical Engineer Electrocuted To Death

Pattaya Daily News

pdn217.jpg
A young Electrical engineer was fixing an electricity transducer when he was electrocuted to death. His colleague was also severely injured as he tried to help.

pdn3SATTAHIP – November 29, 2013 [PDN]; at 15:30,Pol. Capt. Nares Boontee, detective officer of Sattahip police station was informed that there was a high voltage electrocution causing a death and another victim to be in a coma. It happened in a electricity frequency transmission station, Lamtian port, Sattahip Naval Base, moo 2, is Sattahip Chonburi, so he went with rescuers from Sawang Rojana Thammasathan foundation.

At the crime scene they found the body of the deceased, his name was Mr.Chukiat RerkLaksanee, 52 years old, an electric engineer, Prasert Hotline Company. His address 340/465 Moo 3, Tambon Bang Pu Mai Muang, Samutprakarn, he was electrocuted by a high voltage of electricity; he had suffered burns to his faces and body. The other injured man was sent to Queen Sirikit hospital, Sattahip, Naval Base, his name was Mr.Niwat Thongmanee, 46 years old.

Eyewitnesses said that before the accident, the third electricity frequency transmitter had failed, so he called the company, the company sent Mr.Chukiat to fix it, while he was doing his job he was electrocuted causing him to fall to the ground Mr. Niwat, his Assistant Engineer, witnessed the event, so he rushed to help by trying to pull the victim away from the scene, but he did know that the body still had an electrical current flowing through it so when he tried to help he was also electrocuted severely injuring himself.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Community News
Story : Nattaphummint
Photo : Nattaphummint

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

I have seen a few so called Electrical engineers at work here, only surprise is there are not more fatalities like this.

RIP all the same

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I have seen a few so called Electrical engineers at work here, only surprise is there are not more fatalities like this.

RIP all the same

Yes, the state of electrics in Thailand is frankly shocking.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Yes, the state of electrics in Thailand is frankly shocking.

I hope that poor attempt at humor gave you the buzz you were looking for.

RIP.

Is the amp output different to say the UK and US. It seems than a jolt from a Thai output give you a serious kick, often deadly? 

Poor Guy...  RIP 

Health & Safety at work place  is shocking in thailand, Especially at the constructions,

Saw a hell of a lot of shoddy / dangerous looking building work and practices when i was there and that was just in passing by sites and glancing at the bars wiring setup, etc. Having worked in the building industry half my life i was staggered at the extent and amazed it was allowed to go on.

Is the amp output different to say the UK and US. It seems than a jolt from a Thai output give you a serious kick, often deadly?

There is an electrician that is a BM here and he explained some stuff once.

I thought it was the OHM's that get you,no?

I don't fuckin know.Hate electricity.

One of my tenants phoned me on Monday,he had brought the power lines down at my property with a crane truck.

I told him I hoped he wasn't expecting me to fuckin go over there.

Fucking wires buzzing around and shit.

No thanks.Hydro came in and fixed it up.All good now.

I hope that poor attempt at humor gave you the buzz you were looking for.

RIP.

Don't know watt you mean! Never mind, I'm not all that fused!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

There is an electrician that is a BM here and he explained some stuff once.

I thought it was the OHM's that get you,no?

I don't fuckin know.Hate electricity.

One of my tenants phoned me on Monday,he had brought the power lines down at my property with a crane truck.

I told him I hoped he wasn't expecting me to fuckin go over there.

Fucking wires buzzing around and shit.

No thanks.Hydro came in and fixed it up.All good now.

Too many wires for my liking 

Don't know watt you mean! Never mind, I'm not all that fused!

Can't think of anything that isn't disrespectful.

Too many wires for my liking

Damn straight.The only damage to the building was where the lines (phone,cable,power) go in.It tore the fascia of the side of the building.

They lost phone,cable and juice in one shot.lol.

Can't think of anything that isn't disrespectful.

Not currently

RULES

1NQq.gif

It is a mix of the volts and amps that will get you

Looking at the size of the conductors in the OP, probably split over 3 phases

Plenty there to do the job comfortably.

HSE, supply should be off, should have been isolated and locked, engineer with the lock down kit and only key.

Always tested before working, 1000volt insulated tools, rubber mats, the list goes on. 

Believe Thai system is similar to UK, create a circuit across 2 of those bars and you almost double the voltage to 400 at what looks like it could be up to 400amp conductors,

He would be toast.

I have seen them doing the electrics in Patts, it does not inspire confidence. Those meters you see hanging of posts by

the sidewalk with virtually no protection from the elements or drunken hands, a shock of one of them would be enough for most people.   

Archived