IGNORED

Sabai Lodge

BassGod

Guest Qwert06
I'm glad you liked it, 1350 is a bit more than I usually pay but that's a nicer room than I usually get. Sabaii Lodge, or even Sabaii Inn accross the street, are nice and comfortable places and most importantly quiet.

To be fair mate the rooms that face on to the car park that are the cheapest at around 7-900 baht a night are noisey esp the pnes towards the right hand side as you are facing them as you can actually hear the bars from soi2 very clearly.

Please don't let this put people off going there as the place is a Palace as far as i'm concerened.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassGod

• Captain Murgatroyd

• nus01

• david3ng

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair mate the rooms that face on to the car park that are the cheapest at around 7-900 baht a night are noisey esp the pnes towards the right hand side as you are facing them as you can actually hear the bars from soi2 very clearly.

Please don't let this put people off going there as the place is a Palace as far as i'm concerened.

I've never tries the cheap rooms as they always seem to be booked in advance.

Guest Qwert06
I've never tries the cheap rooms as they always seem to be booked in advance.

I aint stayed in them either but a mate did and i heard it for myself when i was round his room.

The Sabai Inn rooms that face beach road have some residual noise, but

you can cut that a bit by using the AC. I tend to wake up and close the AC

after the 2:00 - 2:30 AM close. I like the place, too.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Does anyone know if Ms. Care is still the manager of the Sabai Lodge. It used to be easy to negotiate a good long-stay rate over the Internet with her, much better than the advertised rate.

I stayed at the Sabai Lodge on my first trip to Pattaya on the recommendation of a friend in the UK. My experience is as follows:-

1. Agreed stay and room price by email before trip only for them to lose booking on arrival.

2. Original room was very dark and dingy and the bathroom was very tired-looking.

3. After resting and recuperating, I had to re-negotiate the next day for the room I had originally booked although the rate was higher than agreed by email.

4. Standard of finish in re-furbished room was poor.

5. Very little noise insulation in rooms.

6. 2 x single beds pushed together do not equal a Queen size !

7. Bedding, although clean and changed regularly, was stained and cigarette burnt.

8. Mosquitos !!! I was not the only one to be plagued...over 30 bites. I have since learned that this is common in their poolside rooms.

9. Very poor restaurant - standard and value.

As a result, I moved hotels after a few days. In my opinion there is much better value to be had for the price.

Guest Qwert06
Does anyone know if Ms. Care is still the manager of the Sabai Lodge. It used to be easy to negotiate a good long-stay rate over the Internet with her, much better than the advertised rate.

She's long gone mate.

I stayed at the Sabai Lodge on my first trip to Pattaya on the recommendation of a friend in the UK. My experience is as follows:-

1. Agreed stay and room price by email before trip only for them to lose booking on arrival.

2. Original room was very dark and dingy and the bathroom was very tired-looking.

3. After resting and recuperating, I had to re-negotiate the next day for the room I had originally booked although the rate was higher than agreed by email.

4. Standard of finish in re-furbished room was poor.

5. Very little noise insulation in rooms.

6. 2 x single beds pushed together do not equal a queen size !

7. Bedding, although clean and changed regularly, was stained and cigarette burnt.

8. Mosquitos !!! I was not the only one to be plagued...over 30 bites. I have since learned that this is common in their poolside rooms.

9. Very poor restaurant - standard and value.

As a result, I moved hotels after a few days. In my opinion there is much better value to be had for the price.

In the 5 years i have been staying in the sabai that is the first time anyone has said that many bad things about it. The whole hotel is slowly but surely being rehauled even though it did not need it.

Care is now the General Manager at The beach garden resort at Pattaya Naklua road soi 20.

Care is now the General Manager at The beach garden resort at Pattaya Naklua road soi 20.

yes, i got her email about that place and replied asking for details/prices but she never replied

This was posted elsewhere this morning and for 983 baht with breakfast looks great for a superior B Dolphin pool room

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/pattaya/sabai_lodge.html

Coincidentally I received an email this morning from the enterprising Ms Care. It would appear that she has left the Sabai Lodge (taking email addresses with her) and now works as General Manager at The Beach Garden Resort, Naklua. Here's the email...

Dear Sir,

Hello from Ms. Care ( Ex Manager at Sabai lodge hotel Pattaya)

Nowadays I worked as General Manager at The beach garden resort.

Located at Pattaya Naklua Soi 20. ( same soi of Woodland Hotel)

I would like to offer special discount for hotel room rate and our services.

Please visit www.thaigolfcare.com

www.thebeachgarden.com

Our services are hotel booking inbound, Golf services and service transportation from airport to Pattaya.

I hope to service you again.

Please see attached file for more information.

Yours Sincerely,

Care Prinarin

General Manager

081-7812580

Skype address : Chayada88

(The attachments were both Powerpoint files. I don't have it on my PC...so no idea what was in them. )

Edited by Slacker

(The attachments were both Powerpoint files. I don't have it on my PC...so no idea what was in them. )

i had that problem but just search google for powerpoint viewer and you will find free downloads

http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00153.htm

it just links to the hotel and a blind massage etc.

Are the dolphin rooms the ones facing second road and exposed to the noise?

dolphin pool area is on the side of soi 1

http://www.sabailodge.com/images/sabaimap.jpg

i stayed in the dolphin pool cottages last xmas and the only sound is that of people diving in the pool, wonderful :)

EDIT and added

OOps i forgot for the first few days i was there the bloke in the next cottage with his GF did something every afternoon about 4pm whilst

i was having a siesta, first time i heard it all i heard was

OH oh oh, no, not there, AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

I have a rough idea what he was doing :Dance1:

i stayed at sabai resort on 2nd rd beside big c last trip and found it very nice. 1350THB a night nice pool and friendly bar staff.

i am only interested in the illegal, the immoral and the fattening

• 3 weeks later...
Just booked for 7 nights at Sabai Lodge at the 983 Baht rate through Asia Rooms from the 12th of July, if any good will increase the stay for another 12 , from all reports it looks like good value for money if i can stay out of the soapies.

Just have to email Mr Toom and I am all set :D

Print out the email and take it with you.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I stayed in the Sabai Wing last week. I wanted to spoil myself a little, and booked one of the "Sunset suites" for two nights at a list price of 2500 per night, ( I think), they got back to me and offered the room for 1750.... so good deal there.

On arrival I was impressed with the courteous welcome, and the room was excellent. It just wasn't their fault that some bastard had built an even taller hotel between the room and the sunset... nor was it their fault that someone was using a piledriver to excavate the foundations of an even newer building project next door (TIT).

The double glazing was top class, and even the pile driver hardly bothered me in the mornings. ( Very minor problem compared with staying in a room above Angels Disco in Nana hotel!)

The room was spotless, as was the bathroom and shower stall. As to the local water, I would never drink tapwater in Thailand, ( hell, I avoid it at home!), They provide bottled drinking water free of charge.

I cannot speak for Wi Fi availability in the rooms, But frankly, even if I posessed a laptop, I know I'd have better things to do in Pattaya than lurk in my room and get webbed up.

The pool isn't vast, but very pleasant, and the bar is efficient.

Room service isn't 24 hr, but the front desk were happy enough to order me a pizza at 02.45.

I will definatly stay there again.

hi. i am thinking of booking the sunset rooms at the sabai wing....i see you mentioned a new biulding has been erected that blocks out the sunset.....does that mean you do not get the sun if you are on your balcony in the sunset rooms?....cos if not....i'd be as well paying alot less for one of the delux rooms in the sabai wing?

I have only been staying there this year ( twice so far) and it has now taken over from Sunshine Vista as my favourite..

I would like to add two favourable points not previously mentioned.

1. I stayed there during Songkran with my Thai family, 2 Farang sons ( 20 +22) and 85yr old Mother and the location and facilities were perfect for all of us. During the seemingly endless water throwing you could leave the hotel either on Soi 1 or Soi 2. Soi 2 was excellent for my sons to walk up to the bars and enjoy the soakings whereas if my family wanted to stay dry they left on Soi 1. Especially my Mother who was able to stay dry all the way to the Beach and/or Gullivers.

2. When it came to my wife and I checking out ( My English family flew out the day before) we were able to keep the room untill 1600hrs without getting charged for late checkout...As you say here...it's nice to be nice.....

• 2 weeks later...
:wacko:

There seems to be a few people asking about hotels lately so I fugured I'd bump this to the top.

Bastard...don't recommend it too much...I want a room there over Xmas + New Year but can't book untill time off is guaranteed... :Chokdee3:

I stayed again at the Sabai lodge from 1st - 4th Aug.

Once again, I had booked a sunset room at the Sabai wing. As I said before, these rooms are somewhat larger, and lighter than the standard rooms. The balcony is large enough to have your oun sun lounger, in addition to a pair of chairs.

At about 04.15 on the first night, My next door neighbour arrived back, with what sounded like a whole tribe of shrieking females... some discussion ensued...

The next morning, Reception were happy to move me to a different room, giving me both keys, and plenty of time to re-pack and move my kit... Very kind of them. When my Tii-rak and her daughter, (aged 5), joined me for the last night, I enquired wether it would be possible to book the adjoining room for the night, and have the connecting doors opened.

They said, We kept that room empty, because your first room too noisy! so no problem!

We have all heard stories about hotels that are sniffy about Thai women and children using the pool, and making them feel unwelcome.... I'm glad to report that the Sabai wing does precisely the opposite : My lady and her little girl were warmly welcomed, and made to feel at home. We all used the pool for several hours, and everyone had a great time.

I can only repeat that I have really enjoyed both visits to The Sabai wing, and will be returning for the new year!

Murg

Further to my previous post... the construction work has shifted to the north side of soi 1 now, and the pile driver has gone...

The tall hotel is at least 100 yds away, and doesn't cut off the light from your balcony in a sunset room.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Bastard...don't recommend it too much...I want a room there over Xmas + New Year but can't book untill time off is guaranteed... :D

Sorry about that, there's always the Welcominn if both Sabai's are full.

We have all heard stories about hotels that are sniffy about Thai women and children using the pool, and making them feel unwelcome.... I'm glad to report that the Sabai wing does precisely the opposite : My lady and her little girl were warmly welcomed, and made to feel at home. We all used the pool for several hours, and everyone had a great time.

This is exactly how my wife and our children were treated before Songkran this year.....Very Well!!! :D Also no "Funny looks" from farangs staying there...They were probably BMs!! :LMFAO:

The kids loved ordering me tequila sunrises and deliverying them into the pool for me!!!!!!! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...